Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.75/10 (DFS+++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to this shave:

Summary - Excellent Head shave with the Karve today. Same as the first time. Marvellous razor, smooth, comfortable and super effective especially during ATG.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230830_095758.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#241 of 365 (100% 124 left)
All Aventus August (In and Out)
Arko August (No Arko No Way)

Arko:
Aventus: 20
Other: 10

Razor: RR Lupo 95 SB
Blade: Gillette Minora Platinum(3)
Brush: RR Moka-Soft Beehive
Soap: RR Emperor
A/S: Proraso Green
Post Shave: Nivea Sensitive Shave Balm, Nivea Hyaluron Creme

My 20th shave this month for AAA and I compared the weight of Emperor to XXX and Don Marco and though I have used both quite a bit Emperor is definitely lighter if only by feel. I lathered with the Moka-Soft to make it a total RazoRock shave with the Lupo.
I managed a near BBS with this razor/blade combo though I was left with a little roughness on my neck. So just one more shave left in AAA tomorrow.

Date31.08.2023
365 daily shaves
243/365
GRUME August
31/28
SOTMC (All Aventus August)
31/31
Blade Biter’s Archive05/32

RazorBladeBrush
Timeless Ti95 SCLGillette Black (13)DVH Synthetic
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Alpha Men 2.0Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG TU
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to this shave:

Summary - As much as I like all my razors this one is special and very dear to me. And it always delivers a top notch shave.

Thanks for hosting this event @JAHE. I am almost through with this puck so that opens possibilities to get another brand or something else. We’ll see doen the line. This thread helps in listing alternatives!

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Wow... this month passed by just like a glimpse!
20230829_143523-01.jpeg

A beautiful and effortless final shave completed my AAA 2023!
Thank @all for your contributions!
I hope everyone enjoyed the good stuff during the last couple of weeks!
If not, just remember... nobody forced you to use Arko 🤣

Looking forward to meeting all of you in good health in another round of AAA in 2024... and in the meantime on other threads!
🍍😎👍

Cheers, my Friends!
Guido

Last edited:
Saponificio Varesino Opuntia

0831-jpg.1710559

This year as last, for the soaps that I have on hand, I still like Stirling Executive Man the most, followed closely by Fine Platinum, with Ethos Succès rounding out the top trio and TOBS RF finishing juuuust out of the money. I'll be honest, while I quite like Opuntia on its own merits I don't really "get" the Aventusness. But then I don't get "citrus" out of Officina Artigiana Stay Traditional either, so my scent mapping is likely out of calibration :p

Thanks for the nudge to use these lovely scents more often!

All Aventus August ‘23

A nice close to the AAA event with Fine taking care of the duties from soap, splash to finished scent. It’s a good value and a real good performing trio. Perhaps not the most detailed in scent characteristics or likeness to the King but, it will get you in the ballpark and still put a poop eating grin on your face once the shave is done. It was great as always to join in the shave festivities with fellow shave members that enjoy this most revered and respected scent known to the shave and fragrance universe (I know, I’m really pushing it there). Until the next time.

Great shaves to all…

8202B143-6BAB-4B96-88CA-7F8D65F7021C.jpeg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230831_133930.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#242 of 365 (100% 123 left)
All Aventus August (In and Out)
Arko August (No Arko No Way)

Arko:
Aventus: 21
Other: 10

Razor: Rockwell 6S R6
Blade: Gillette Minora Platinum(4)
Brush: Omega 20106 Boar
Soap: RR Emperor
A/S: Proraso Green
Post Shave: Nivea Sensitive Shave Balm, Nivea Hyaluron Creme

Tonight for the final day of AAA Emperor did the honours making my 21st AAA shave of the month, not a bad totals I fell out of last year's AAA after about 5 days, in and out suited me down to the ground. The Rockwell gave a fairly smooth shave with the Minora, although not quite as smooth as usual, so the finish was probably only a DFS+ but acceptable none the less. There was, however quite a lot of sting from the Proraso Green. I would like to thank @JAHE for hosting and all the participants for making this such a great event.

Top Bottom