What's new

🍍 ALL AVENTUS AUGUST 🍍The 2022 Edition!🍍

AAA 31st

Razor: Merkur Progress long handle (on 3)
Blade: Rainbow
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: Fine Platinum cream
Aftershave: Fine Platinum splash, Nivea Sensitive Skin balm
Fragrance: Fine Platinum EdT

Finishing AAA the same way it started, with the whole Fine Platinum family! It was a nice smooth shave, and I smell real Fine :)

It was fun hanging out again this year. Let’s hope we get to repeat the experience next year! Until then, stay pineapply.

Edit: Special thanks to @JAHE for organizing the whole thing! Great job :)

AAA (now and then) #12 with Stirling Executive Man to close out a very enjoyable month. My thanks to @JAHE and the inspirations from all the participants!

0831-jpg.1514542

DFB1C861-27FC-4D36-94A2-44ADCD42CF10.jpeg

Aventus August

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Razor: Tatara Masamune Ti

Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze (synthetic)
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Executive Man

Post: Alum then Dickinson's Deep Cleanser w/Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegital

So the month of August comes to an end along with my commitment to a monogamous relationship with the only Aventus inspired soap I have, Stirling Soap Company's, Executive Man. To commemorate this most fun month, I just so happened to encounter my first Samurai Showdown! ⚔️

I battled the whiskers on my face with my newly acquired Tatara Masamune of the titanium variety.

When holding a Gillette Nacet Stainless blade, the Masamune allowed me to rise victoriously with a baby butt smooth face. 🍑

The post battle sting of Alum satisfied my masochistic curiosity to find where the blade edge made the most contact.

For the love of the Lilac Vegital.... What can I say. She provides a glorious kiss. 💋

Until next August... Ogenki De

I’ve really enjoyed following along, I hope that is becomes an annual thing. My den will be well stocked for the next one. For those who have participated, what would you rank as your best overall “aventus style” soap and splash?
Of those variants I have used to date, I'd recommend WSP Olympus, TOBS Royal Forest SC, Captains Choice Venture SC and Stirling's Executive Man (in no particular order).

I'd say you can’t go wrong with either of them.

Happy 🍍 shaves!

Of those variants I have used to date, I'd recommend WSP Olympus, TOBS Royal Forest SC, Captains Choice Venture SC and Stirling's Executive Man (in no particular order).

I'd say you can’t go wrong with either of them.

Happy 🍍 shaves!
Nicely done putting together a quality lot of Aventus inspired shaving soaps.

I'd like to include Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelganger Grey Label. It's worth including in the lot.

Shave #17 and final one of the AAA Event of ‘22. I enjoyed it and am thankful for @JAHE in getting this started and making it an annual event that I truly look forward to. I don’t do many events but, this one is a staple for me that I truly look forward to participating in. Anyhow, closed it out with my king of the Aventus themed soap & splash sets, Ethos Succes. I’ve waxed poetic on this Artisans creation who used to be a former shave member here and the attributes that his soaps & skin food splashes provide in my shave routine. Top notch performance across the board and a scent that’s really close to The King of fragrance elixirs (Depending on batch creations, of course). Went with one of my favorite adjustables in the den, the uglier than sin Merkur Vision. Yes, it’s ugly, is cumbersome and is THE maintenance Diva in my shave den but, shave performance & quality of that shave is undeniable. It delivers the Baby’s Bottom every single time, without fail. The A&F scent is in the vicinity of the famed scent but, goes a bit darker and more designer like in scent. For the $$$ that it’s available for, it’s a solid alternative and good enough to satisfy the urge for an Aventus style fragrance. Yeah, there is a Tom Ford look to the bottle including the front label. I like it.

Again, a great month of Aventus themed shaves. Looking forward to next year and perhaps some new creations if available. Great shaves to all…

D122203C-2639-422D-9932-070ECF8D71C5.jpeg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
All Aventus August
IMG_20220803_114731.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Personna Platinum(19)
Soap: RR Emperor
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3

Tonight the Personna Platinum was up tonight for shave number 19 and RR Emperor for AAA. Though I prefer my Muhle Kosmo, particularly for face lathering the T3 still provides a thick comfortable lather with most soaps.
The shave was again close and comfortable and left me with a near BBS. My spritz of Kolonya didn't sting at all.
Thanks to @JAHE for hosting and everyone who took part

I’ve really enjoyed following along, I hope that is becomes an annual thing. My den will be well stocked for the next one. For those who have participated, what would you rank as your best overall “aventus style” soap and splash?
TOBS Royal Forest is my favorite overall for the scent and the feel.

So now that the event is over. I went back through this thread and compiled all the "Aventus" inspired soaps used. I've listed them below BUT some of them I'm a little unclear on whether they honestly qualify. So, if I've pinged you, please share your thoughts on the matter. It's especially helpful if you've uses more than one from the whole list for comparison's sake.

Aventus:
WSP Olympus
TOBS Royal Forest SC
Captain's Choice Venture
Stirling Soap Co. Executive Man
P.A.A. Doppelganger Grey Label
RazoRock Emperor
Declaration Grooming Sellout

Ethos Success - @AlphaFrank75 @Ckmaui @GlazedBoker
Fine Platinum - @haggis @JAHE @Sascoman
SV Optunia / Morado? - @haggis @Ckmaui @Mike M
A&E Spartacus - @JAHE, @AlphaFrank75 @GlazedBoker
Have A Great Shave Undertow - @haggis
Los Jabones de Joserra Céfiro A Ventus - @HighSpeedSpoon
The AlphaMen 2.0 ?? - @Guido75

The last two were only mentioned once so @HighSpeedSpoon and @Guido75 please provide feedback if you can.

Thank you all!

So now that the event is over. I went back through this thread and compiled all the "Aventus" inspired soaps used. I've listed them below BUT some of them I'm a little unclear on whether they honestly qualify. So, if I've pinged you, please share your thoughts on the matter. It's especially helpful if you've uses more than one from the whole list for comparison's sake.

Aventus:
WSP Olympus
TOBS Royal Forest SC
Captain's Choice Venture
Stirling Soap Co. Executive Man
P.A.A. Doppelganger Grey Label
RazoRock Emperor
Declaration Grooming Sellout

Ethos Success - @AlphaFrank75 @Ckmaui @GlazedBoker
Fine Platinum - @haggis @JAHE @Sascoman
SV Optunia / Morado? - @haggis @Ckmaui @Mike M
A&E Spartacus - @JAHE, @AlphaFrank75 @GlazedBoker
Have A Great Shave Undertow - @haggis
Los Jabones de Joserra Céfiro A Ventus - @HighSpeedSpoon
The AlphaMen 2.0 ?? - @Guido75

The last two were only mentioned once so @HighSpeedSpoon and @Guido75 please provide feedback if you can.

Thank you all!
Fine Platinum absolutely qualifies. Since the hard puck I used is discontinued I didn't mention it as a recommendation.
And I haven't tried the shaving cream and the new formula of Platinum to date - that’s pending for AAA 2023 😀

Happy 🍍shaves

Re Undertow:
The fragrance of HAGS Undertow is a fresher take of Aventus Creed

Top notes are Pineapple, Bergamot, Black Currant and Apple; middle notes are Birch, Patchouli, Moroccan Jasmine and Rose; base notes are Musk, oak moss, Ambergris and Vanille.

I can only describe what the scents are to my nose. But, I will also say that all of the soaps & splashes that present the Creed Aventus scent signature do quite a good job in duplicating it in some way. They are not identical to the actual Aventus fragrance but, they all have facets and are similar to the famed juice with a couple of standouts in my experience.

Ethos Succes. To me, this soap has one of the juicier and more natural openings of pineapple and the citrus components of the whole bunch that I’ve experienced. There is a slight woods & floral vibe but, it’s really subdued. There is a slight push of a vanilla and a light smoke accord that rounds out the whole scent that really is pleasing and brings to mind the fruitier batches of Aventus fragrance that have been more common in the past couple of years.

WSP Olympus Soap & Cream. Now, this goes toe to toe with Ethos’s version but, leans more towards the earlier batches of Aventus from 2012 - 2016 with a more robust roasted pineapple accord with bergamot and apple in the opening. I get none of the black currants (maybe a slight tinge in the splash) and get more of the fresh and sharp juniper berries that leads into a very nice smokier birch tar that’s accompanied by a soft and smooth vanilla, musk and sandalwood vibe. The opening is still excellent but, just not as natural as the Ethos variant. Splitting hairs with these two as they truly are phenomenal recreations of the real thing.

A&E Spartacus. This is a real nice soap that happens to be one of the weakest projecting scents from both the soap & splash. Furthermore, it’s the furthest of the premium offerings in scent profile & likeness to Creed Aventus. You do catch whiffs of some fruit & woods but, it really is a muddled creation that just falls short to most of the dupes out there. Performance though is legit despite something in the ingredients that gives my face a tingling sensation when I use it.

Ethos Succes & WSP Olympus for me are the clear front runners in scent profile and are 1-2 in the performance side of it. Amazing sets the both of them and you win with either one.

I can only describe what the scents are to my nose. But, I will also say that all of the soaps & splashes that present the Creed Aventus scent signature do quite a good job in duplicating it in some way. They are not identical to the actual Aventus fragrance but, they all have facets and are similar to the famed juice with a couple of standouts in my experience.

Ethos Succes. To me, this soap has one of the juicier and more natural openings of pineapple and the citrus components of the whole bunch that I’ve experienced. There is a slight woods & floral vibe but, it’s really subdued. There is a slight push of a vanilla and a light smoke accord that rounds out the whole scent that really is pleasing and brings to mind the fruitier batches of Aventus fragrance that have been more common in the past couple of years.

WSP Olympus Soap & Cream. Now, this goes toe to toe with Ethos’s version but, leans more towards the earlier batches of Aventus from 2012 - 2016 with a more robust roasted pineapple accord with bergamot and apple in the opening. I get none of the black currants (maybe a slight tinge in the splash) and get more of the fresh and sharp juniper berries that leads into a very nice smokier birch tar that’s accompanied by a soft and smooth vanilla, musk and sandalwood vibe. The opening is still excellent but, just not as natural as the Ethos variant. Splitting hairs with these two as they truly are phenomenal recreations of the real thing.

A&E Spartacus. This is a real nice soap that happens to be one of the weakest projecting scents from both the soap & splash. Furthermore, it’s the furthest of the premium offerings in scent profile & likeness to Creed Aventus. You do catch whiffs of some fruit & woods but, it really is a muddled creation that just falls short to most of the dupes out there. Performance though is legit despite something in the ingredients that gives my face a tingling sensation when I use it.

Ethos Succes & WSP Olympus for me are the clear front runners in scent profile and are 1-2 in the performance side of it. Amazing sets the both of them and you win with either one.
Awesome descriptions. Can you expand on this with any of the other Aventus soaps listed?

The 2023 thread is awaiting your check in...

Top Bottom