What's new

🍍 ALL AVENTUS AUGUST 🍍The 2022 Edition!🍍

first shave with ethos :)
love the scent need to use it more but got a super comfy shave with just a few tiny spots where I could feel the splash so for a first use looks promising and worked great with the Semogue ! a few other artisan soaps and my insane hard water do not pair well so that is also a good thing :)
the CC venture is always good to the face
Neutrogena the ultimate finishing product IMHO
wolfman .95 with new Nacet whats not to love !

IMG_6054.JPG

Date
Focused participations:9/31 Days in GRUME (29% competed and still in but struggling)
218/221 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
High Efficiency Razors Summer
Mild to Medium August
All Aventus August
Razor:Razorine Flatboy (72 handle)
Blade:Tiger Platinum (2)
Brush:Razorock Plissoft 400
Soap:The Alpha Men 2.0 (Aventus Clone)
Bowl:Proraso Green
Preshave:Cold splash
King C. Gillette Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Proraso Green (A/S)
Executive Man (Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) slanted
XTG (W-E) slanted
ATG (S-N) slanted
ATG (S-N) slanted
Efficiency:6/10 (30 minutes)
Quality:7/10 (Couple of weepers)
Comfort:7/10 (Redness on the neck)
Effectiveness:8/10 (DFS+)

Notes to today's shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11880356

14 day beard shave.

08/09/22

Preshave: Shower
Brush: Morris & Forndran 26mm Heritage II L7 antique Ivory and Tortoise Shell
Bowl: Face lathered
Soap: Fine Platinum Classic hard puck
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / @Rosseforp 19,2 gram GTS Aluminum and Bronze
Blade: King C. Gillette (2)
3 passes plus multiple touch ups
Splash: Fine Platinum
Balm: Fine Platinum
Frag: Fine Platinum
Rating: 9.6

Second use for Fine Platinum. Last time I used the 21st century soqp. Don't like the new stuff. I have a bit of Fine Classic stashed away in a few different scents. Lather was on point today. I need to try Ethos Success. I like their F base. I don't blame the KCG for my bloody shave. But it is definitely a sharp blade. I was taking down two weeks worth of beard and had to do more touch up than I am used to. Light touch where are you?

AAA 10th

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Rainbow (last shave with this one)
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: Fine Platinum cream
Aftershave: Fine Platinum splash, Nivea Sensitive Skin balm
Fragrance: Versace l'Homme

Survived the Blackland Dart again, but glad it's over. Going back to a safer razor tomorrow.

Ethos 2nd use figuring this soap/water ratio out

looking forward to more shaves with this soap and comparing to my current top two SV and Caties Bubbles so far it beats my other artisan soaps PAA, DG, B&M etc.. of course I have that new Seaforth I have not tried yet :)
so yeah 2nd use of Ethos impressed me !!!!

IMG_6055.JPG

Almost forgot to post!

Date:10.08.2022
Focused participations:10/31 Days in GRUME (29% competed, still in and holding on)
219/222 in 365 days of shaving (98%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
High Efficiency Razors Summer
Mild to Medium August
All Aventus August
Razor:Razorine Flatboy (72 handle)
Blade:Tiger Platinum (3)
Brush:Razorock Plissoft 400
Soap:The Alpha Men 2.0 (Aventus Clone)
Bowl:Proraso Green
Preshave:Cold splash
King C. Gillette Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Proraso Green (A/S)
Executive Man (Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) slanted
XTG (W-E) slanted
ATG (S-N) slanted
Light touch ups
Efficiency:7/10 (25 minutes)
Quality:10/10 (Clean as a whistle)
Comfort:8/10 (Light redness on the neck)
Effectiveness:8/10 (DFS+)

Notes from today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11880971

🍍 AAA - Day 11🍍

20220811_142307-01.jpeg

After skipping my shaves on Tuesday and Wednesday for reasons unrelated to B&B (#reallife), I returned back to the den today and had an excellent shave with the Blackbird and Fine Lineup.
Thanks for keeping the thread running in the meantime, guys!

The B'Bird mowed down all of my stubble with ease. So nice. And I'm smelling gorgeous, thank you Mr. Fine!

FOTD: Montblanc Explorer EdP.

Happy shaves!

Last edited:
AAA 11th

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley (plate C)
Blade: Rainbow
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: TOBS Royal Forest cream
Aftershave: Fine Platinum splash, Nivea Sensitive Skin balm
Fragrance: Prada Luna Rossa Carbon

Just a solid, pleasant shave. I am ordering a bottle of Royal Forest splash right now.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
AAA #7, HAGS Undertow
0807-jpg.1500836

First experience for me with this "fresher take of Aventus" so thoughts may evolve over time and use. First pass started with that sort of "small-curd ricotta cheese" lumpiness some soaps have going on. The lather smoothed out quickly with some face painting and water. Second and third passes just got better and better. No complaints. Plenty of slickness. Not really a game-changer stop-the-presses sort of experience, but seems a solid base.

The scent is by far the mildest and least, uh, fruity of all the aventus variants I've got on hand — quite subdued. Since I have an aversion to loud scents that's a plus :) The scent-meter on the jar seems exactly backwards to me; I'd give it two bars rather than eight bars. I better take a Covid test later this morning just in case, although my blueberry pancakes smelled just fine, so ... mystery! The matching splash is a milky sort, with similar scent profile and pleasant wake-up sensation.

View attachment 1500855 click to embiggen
Intriguing looking soap/as combo, not familiar with HAGS and appreciate the descriptive post.

E40BE2F6-5028-4892-9A09-7BC94D6CE58B.jpeg

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Razor: Blackland Era (level 5 SB)

Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight (synthetic)
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. - Executive Man

Aftershave Splash: Pinaud Clubman (original)
Aftershave Balm: Proraso Balm

Another successful bbs shave with the Blackland Era and Stirling's soap combination.

Shave #4 of the AAA Event ’22. One of my favorite performers in both soap & splash from PAA is the Grey Label Doppelgänger CK-6 Formula. The soap for being non-tallow is simply superb. I’ll put it against any elite soap and it wouldn’t take a back seat to no one. I’m a tried & true Tallow man but, this stuff brings it. The Gray Label is their take on the Aventus scented juice and it’s not bad at all. The soap is slightly muted and not overpowering in the tub nor while applying the lather. Just soft fruits, citrus and musk flowing nicely but, the splash/cologne amps it up more so and gives a decent scent make, skin conditioning properties are excellent. Used the Green Cult razor for the first time from a gentleman here in the forum and a good friend @Calm_Shaver who offered it up for me to test drive it. The shave was excellent and the Green Cult has some pedigree.

Great shaves to all…

BD45374B-BB60-4595-9F74-1994D5172A37.jpeg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Shave #4 of the AAA Event ’22. One of my favorite performers in both soap & splash from PAA is the Grey Label Doppelgänger CK-6 Formula. The soap for being non-tallow is simply superb. I’ll put it against any elite soap and it wouldn’t take a back seat to no one. I’m a tried & true Tallow man but, this stuff brings it. The Gray Label is their take on the Aventus scented juice and it’s not bad at all. The soap is slightly muted and not overpowering in the tub nor while applying the lather. Just soft fruits, citrus and musk flowing nicely but, the splash/cologne amps it up more so and gives a decent scent make, skin conditioning properties are excellent. Used the Green Cult razor for the first time from a gentleman here in the forum and a good friend @Calm_Shaver who offered it up for me to test drive it. The shave was excellent and the Green Cult has some pedigree.

Great shaves to all…

View attachment 1503376
Beautiful razor, sir.

Top Bottom