What's new

🍍 ALL AVENTUS AUGUST 🍍The 2022 Edition!🍍

I'm doing a Saturday shave repeat.
20220806SOTD.jpg

AAA #7, HAGS Undertow
0807-jpg.1500836

First experience for me with this "fresher take of Aventus" so thoughts may evolve over time and use. First pass started with that sort of "small-curd ricotta cheese" lumpiness some soaps have going on. The lather smoothed out quickly with some face painting and water. Second and third passes just got better and better. No complaints. Plenty of slickness. Not really a game-changer stop-the-presses sort of experience, but seems a solid base.

The scent is by far the mildest and least, uh, fruity of all the aventus variants I've got on hand — quite subdued. Since I have an aversion to loud scents that's a plus :) The scent-meter on the jar seems exactly backwards to me; I'd give it two bars rather than eight bars. I better take a Covid test later this morning just in case, although my blueberry pancakes smelled just fine, so ... mystery! The matching splash is a milky sort, with similar scent profile and pleasant wake-up sensation.

View attachment 1500855 click to embiggen
I have never heard of this soap before, thank you for sharing.

Perhaps your soap is from an older batch. I mean a 8/10 should likely be a way stronger scent than a 2/10... 😳

I once bought a tub of DG Sellout which was offered on sale. When the tub arrived, there was barely no scent noticeable. I guess that's been the reason why it was put on sale.
Lesson learned 🙄

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
All Aventus August shave#7
IMG_20220807_142755.jpg

Razor: Parker 26C
Blade: Personna Platinum(9)
Soap: RR Emperor
Brush: RR Moka-Express Beehive

Tonight I went back to the Emperor and used my RR brush and the 26C came for an outing. Not a brush I have used much lately, I just picked it up earlier out of curiosity for the shave photo.
The brush created a great lather and the 26C was very comfortable and close enough to leave me with a near BBS and no irritation. Even spraying on the Kolonya there was no sting.

🍍 AAA - Day 8🍍

20220807_193233-01.jpeg

Ariana and Evans ~ Spartacus on day 8. Though the scent likely is a dissapointment for hardcore Aventus fans, the performance of the soap is a winner in my books.

She provided a lovely slick low structure lather which made shaving with it a pleasure. Same goes with the Semogue LE 3-band.

2 passes, medium smoothness with the combo of Gillette Sheraton and the german Wilkinson Sword (4). The result was flawless. A very good DFS +.

Happy 🍍 shaves!

Last edited:
Question for you guys. Do you prefer CDNIM, Montblanc Explorer, or something else? And why? Don’t say aventus, because I’m not about to spend $500 lol
I had CDNIM and it was okay, but gave it away. I had bottle of Aventus for a couple of years, but I didn't wear it that often and sold it. I also had at the same time and still have a bottle of Mancera Cedrat Boise. It satisfies my desires for that type of fragrance at a fraction of the price of Aventus. I've not smelled Explorer, but I have read enough reviews that it seems like a pretty good choice too. If you have an Aventus itch, but don't want to spent a ton of money on a bottle, get a 10ml decant.

Question for you guys. Do you prefer CDNIM, Montblanc Explorer, or something else? And why? Don’t say aventus, because I’m not about to spend $500 lol
CDNIM is the most carbon copy Aventus clone I own (I have the Limited Edition EdP). It gets you 90% there. It lacks that perfect balance and depth of the real deal. But it's still pretty good.

Montblanc Explorer is Aventus-inspired, but it really does its own thing. It's more metallic-peppery in the opening and gets even more different in the drydown, with the ambroxan and powdery cacao.

2 other affordable Aventus-style frags that are worth mentioning are Afnan Supremacy and Al Haramain L'Aventure

AAA 9th

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Rainbow
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Lather: TOBS Royal Forest cream
Aftershave: Fine Platinum splash
Fragrance: Boucheron pour Homme EdT

Royal Forest definitely is my all time favorite Aventus style shaving cream (right above Fine Plat), and also possibly my favorite TOBS, period.

Boucheron’s rose-citrus blast works surprisingly well with the Fine Platinum vibe.

Oh and this is the least I’ve ever bled using the Blackland. Barely a cut! Barely!

Top Bottom