Items by SilkySmooth

For me this is one of the best balms out there. It give a nice soft powder finish and has a great cooling effect. As with all of the Men-U products, a little goes a long way. ==Tom
SilkySmooth
0.25 star(s) 16 ratings
Views
Reviews
This stuff is great. Is it just me or does AV Sport smell just like Cool Water by Davidoff? Awesome scent. It has a cooling effect, but not as much as Ice Blue AV. I wish it had just a little more menthol. Very nice anyway. ==Tom
For me these blades are mediocre at best. They work just fine in my 59' Fatboy, but are entirely different in my Ranger Tech. I have to reserve them for the Fatboy. They seem to drag in my lighter weighted razors. So, this is a little warning for everyone. As with most of Treets DE Blades they are individually wrapped and in packs of 10.
This is one of my favorite water scents. It has great staying power and should be used lightly. This stuff seems to last for at least a day on me. The next day, I can smell it on my clothing, but it easily washes off. Since I've worn this at my wedding, I reserve it for special occasions. Every time I wear it, it reminds me of the wedding. Hope you enjoy it too! ==Tom
I purchases this facial wash to go with the RSC Cream. It has the same scent which I consider pleasing. RSC considers it a pre-shave too since it contains coconut and grapeseed oils. I've been using this product on occasion (when I want to use the RSC cream) to prep my face in the shower before my shave. It's nice and slick, washes clean, and leaves my face feeling soft and ready for the hot towel. Is it really necessary for a good shave? I would say no, but I do enjoy the product...
SilkySmooth
2.44 star(s) 18 ratings
Views
Reviews
These blades are some of the smoothest I've ever tried. I would rank these above IP blades for smoothness. They are treated with a non-stick coating to increase smoothness. They're nice and sharp for me and seem to last 5 shaves (I usually get 3 with IP blades). The only thing I'm not crazy about is the packaging. They come individually wrapped and in packs of 5. I enjoy the blade dispensers over the individually wrapped blades. In any case, I plan to keep these in my rotation...
SilkySmooth
0.38 star(s) 8 ratings
Views
Reviews
I've found these blades to be very smooth in my Gillette Ranger Tech. I would consider them to be about the same as Israeli Personnas (IPs) for sharpness and smoothness. They were also double the price of the IP Blades. The blades I purchased came individually wrapped in wax paper, paper, and in small boxes of 5 blades. I've shared a few of these blades with some co-workers who really enjoyed them (Moreso than me). They thought these blades worked far better than IPs for them. I would...
These are the best single edge blades I've used so far. They cost a little more than GEMs, but they last longer and are smoother than GEMs. They're also packaged inside a blade dispenser/bank instead of individually wrapped. I've used them with two different Micromatics, a G-Bar, and a Featherweight all with the same results. ==Tom
SilkySmooth
1.10 star(s) 10 ratings
Views
Reviews
I picked this up from the local Rite Aid Pharmacy. It was one of their new items. They carry nearly the whole line from The Real Shaving Company. First of all the company claims it's been around since the 1950s, so why have I not heard about them before? This made me a little scepticle, but it was only $6.99, so I thought, "What the heck." The next day, I used an almond size portion in my daily shving routine. The cream was thick and the lather was easy to generate. The scent was...
SilkySmooth
0.50 star(s) 8 ratings
Views
Reviews
While browsing through Walmart the other day waiting on my wife's car, I noticed this product at a very reasonable price. They had items out for Christmas and had small atomizers of various fragrances. I decided to give it a try. What could it hurt, $2.88 for a small EDT is hard to beat. Scent: To me it smells just like Pinaud Clubman AS although I believe it has more staying power. It's a nice crisp scent if used in moderation, but I think it could overpower a room and would be...
This bay rum is a bit pricey, but I believe it's well worth it. It's not as strong as Burt's Bees, but has enough staying power to last the whole day. Compared to Burt's Bees it doesn't have as much citrus. It seems more spicy and not nearly as pungent. Advertisement: Our original formulary Bay Rum has been a timeless favorite through the decades. First developed in 1907 in our Greenwich Village Apothecary, this warm and exotic frangrance masterfully blends bay oil, citrus and...
So far these blades seem really smooth for me. I could use these everyday and not look back. They're not the cheapest blades I've used, but I do get a decent shave.
I love these huge bars of soap. I've tried the lavender and a few other scents. They provide a generous lather. I've also used it as a shaving soap when I'm in a rush or bind. It makes a very thick shaving lather that's kind of spongy feeling. The scent is mild. One can smell the lavender, but it doesn't linger too long. The bars are 200g, so they tend to last awhile. The price is fair. It's not cheap, but not the most expensive soap on the market either ($3/bar). ==Tom
OP Juice for men was introduced by Ocean Pacific in 2001. Young and upbeat, the top note of OP Juice blends funky Hawaiian fruits, bergamot, and bright berries, with splashes of orange, watery green cucumber and cardamom all to energize the senses. This leads into an extremely natural, outdoorsy green and masculine floral body, featuring hints of mint, green fig leaf, aromatic laurel and wax flower. The fresh radiance of top and mid notes is finished with warm, weathered woods and sheer musk...
Fragrance Description: Pi Cologne by Givenchy, Launched by the design house of givenchy in 1999, pi is classified as a refined, oriental, woody fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of a fresh scent of light citrus, in combination with a strong woodsy aroma, with a low note of vanilla. It is recommended for evening wear. If you enjoy woodsy fragrances, this is right up your alley. It's very warm with a lingering vanilla scent. I enjoy this on occasion, but definitely...
Description You'll love the warm, rich aroma of the tropical herbs and spices infused in this Bay Rum Cologne. 4 fl. oz. for around $20 Ingredients SD alcohol 40-2 (distilled from yellow corn), bay oil, orange oil, vegetable glycerin, lemon oil, cinnamon oil, fir needle oil, lavandin oil, cedarwood oil, patchouli oil, clove oil, sage oil. 99.90% Natural This cologne has great staying power. I find that a little goes a very long way. The downside is that the bottle...
If you use talc, I would say this is one of the best on the market. It smells great and the scent lasts all day. It's a little pricey for talc ($13), but very nice!
Well, ya can't beat $4.50, but if I were you I'd spend an extra few bucks and buy an Omega Syntex. Burma Brush: I bought this from Wally World for a song, so on the bright side they're not only cheap, but widely available. They're made of natural bristle which is very stiff compared to badger hair. They also don't hold as much water or heat as badger hair. This brush will really stink to high heaven on it's maiden voyage. I would suggest soaking it in a borax solution...
I've had this brush for ten years now, so I believe it deserves a review. This has been my primary brush, and it has served it's master well. Some would consider this a "floppy mop" as far as brushes are rated. I wouldn't argue with them over that. Others may also argue that this brush isn't ideal for soaps because it seems floppy. Well, after ten years of hard use, I can say that I've had no problems using this brush with soaps. I've tried both glycerine and tripple milled soaps with...
Top Bottom