What's new

Bigelow Bay Rum Cologn

Item Description

This bay rum is a bit pricey, but I believe it's well worth it. It's not as strong as Burt's Bees, but has enough staying power to last the whole day. Compared to Burt's Bees it doesn't have as much citrus. It seems more spicy and not nearly as pungent.

Advertisement:

Our original formulary Bay Rum has been a timeless favorite through the decades. First developed in 1907 in our Greenwich Village Apothecary, this warm and exotic frangrance masterfully blends bay oil, citrus and spices. In honor of its unique legacy, we have kept the formula true to the original found in our legendary archives.

Latest reviews

This is a nice warm and comfortable wearing scent to me. It smells great and my wife also likes it and that's what matters most to me when wearing a cologne.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
I got it for $10 at a sale at Bath and Body Works. Really great deal. Everything every one says is true - warm smelling. Good staying power and subtle. The only issue I have is that the top of the atomizer is loose and sometimes I have to depress it 15 time just to "prime the pump" the only reason it doesn't get a 0 is because eventually it does a good job of spraying the scent.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
Been looking for this for some time. Bath & Bodyworks had dropped it from retail shelf space, but the prospect of it going on sale kept me from just ordering it a $40 a bottle plus shipping. Finally found an online Bath & Bodyworks two for one sale with 20% off, so I pulled the trigger.

Those who aren't inclined to wait can order it online from Bath & Bodyworks or straight from Bigelow. There are also a few available on Ebay at any given time, I expect from folks who scored a bunch at the 75% off closeout rate and are now getting near full price at auction.

The scent is similar to the Pinaud Clubman bay rum, but less pungent. It's a warm, comforting scent that manages not to be overwhelmed by the cinnamon and clove without coming across as boozy. It's not complex, but I find it appropriate for the effect. It doesn't change a lot as it dries.

I find most bay rums to be fleeting, but the Bigelow applied to the chest and wrists seems to last most of the day. It's easy to dispense with the spray top bottle, pairs nicely with all the bay rum aftershaves and balms I have, although naturally it pairs with the Bigelow bay rum balm superbly.

Well worth having if you are a bay rum fan, but those trying to stretch a dollar will be well served to wait for a sale event at Bath & Bodyworks, either online or, if you are lucky, finding it on a clearance shelf.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
SilkySmooth
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from SilkySmooth

Top Bottom