What's new

Treet Dura Sharp Blade

I decided to buy some of these after I picked up one of these blades in the 2010 traveling blade box. After I got word of the apparent shortage of Iridiums, I figured that I would buy a bunch of these, as they'd made a good impression the first time around.

I've just wrapped up a little more than 2 weeks with this blade, after having used four of them. I pushed one to four shaves, another to three, and a pair of them to two shaves each.

It's a very smooth blade for me. Pretty sharp, too. As I'm writing this, it's a few hours after a great 2-pass BBS shave.

As for the ratings:
- Price is a 9 because these things just aren't that costly -- less than 20 cents a blade. My threshold for good value is ten cents or less per shave, and this blade comfortably reaches that domain. I bought a couple hundred for just a hair over thirty dollars.
- I've never quite understood what "quality" was shooting for, but I'm going to express it as consistency. Rates a 9 as all four blades were very much the same.
- sharpness rates an eight, I think, as I've found that this blade does best in a more aggressive razor. I evaluate all blades in a slim, and my usual setting is 4. This blade seems to perform best at 5 or 6. It reminds me a bit of a red-pack IP.
- longevity is a 7, because this is one blade that neatly fits the 3-shave lifespan, where the fourth shave begins to get tuggy. 3 shaves is about all I ask of a blade, anyhow. For the price, I don't expect more.
- I rated smoothness a 9, because the blade is really smooth for me. I have a few little bumpy spots on my face and neck, and this blade glides right over them, without any irritation, even on touchups and blade-buffs. Here, again, it reminds me of a red-pack IP.
- Packaging is an 8, only because it's a plain cardboard box. Yes, the blades are double-wrapped, and there are no glue spots, but I prefer a plastic dispenser. Artwork is old-timey and the outer wrapper is thicker than the interior parchment. Had it come in a plastic dispenser, we'd have a 9, here.

Altogether, I think this blade is a great value proposition. It works great at a more aggressive setting. I can see this blade being perfect in a red tip or an old type, or maybe a 40s aristocrat. I may give it a whirl in the progress, after I get through my next blade evaluation.

I've mentioned the Red IP twice in this review for good reason. The Treet Durasharp Classic Silver Edge is a lot like it. Yeah, I was looking for an alternative to the Iridium Super, and this blade isn't quite at that level, but it's plenty cheap and comfortable to use. I'm not one to settle on just one blade, but this blade feels like one I can return to with great confidence and no fear of discomfort. I encourage anyone looking for a nice smooth, predictable blade to give these a shot.

Hope it helps,
-- Chet
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Hi all
I picked up a few hundred of these really cheap ,glad to say they are great for what i paid . nice clean shave and got 3 shaves out a blade . wish i could buy a lot more . :wink2:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Once i bought some Treet silver and they were stay in the shelf.. Last week i give a try them and see that this blades are smooth and worth for this price.. safety razor was slant 37c and eveready DE .. if the pre shave is well than be sure that shave will be smooth with this blade.. one blade last at
least 3 shave.
it is little sharper than brother of Trig.. Carboard box are very nice designed and recycling material.The box including individually wrapped 10 blades.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I find these slightly sharper than my benchmark Trigs, but slightly less comfortable in use. A good to very good shave in both my Progress and my HD. Decent longevity. Like all Treet blades, excellent value. The retro packaging is a nice touch.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
For me these blades are mediocre at best. They work just fine in my 59' Fatboy, but are entirely different in my Ranger Tech. I have to reserve them for the Fatboy. They seem to drag in my lighter weighted razors. So, this is a little warning for everyone. As with most of Treets DE Blades they are individually wrapped and in packs of 10.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)