What's new

Acqua Velva Musk?

Help. Not an AS guy. Oh, I might use a wee dab now and then, but that's it.

Tried blue AV, gave it away. Have some Meijer brand Old Spice. Meh. And some dollar store Barbasol Brisk. It is okay.

I was at CVS tonight, sniffed the AV Musk. Sorta liked it. But I am an old guy. Would this make me smell like a teenager on a Saturday night? What is the consensus opinion of this drugstore scent?

I'm an older guy and I like it a lot. It goes on a bit sweet but dries down to a very nice scent. I'm with you, I don't like the blue AV either.

There aren't many teenagers out there wearing this scent. It's a classic musk along the lines of Jovan. I think it's way more suited for mature men as opposed to teens or twentysomethings.

I did not appreciate AV Musk until well after it was dried down completely. It was highly animalic upon application and for at least a solid hour afterward.

If you are in to gamey, animalic scents then this is a good drugstore flavor to try. Personally, I think AV Ice Blue is the better choice between the two.

Yeah, there is no drugstore aftershave splash that's going to be too young for you. The kids use balms if they use anything at all. And no one under 50 is wearing a musk of any sort anymore; I'm 47 and they were out of date already when I reached high school.

I had never tried it, until I won the awesome PIF from @DCRIII. Included in the plethora of AS was a bottle of AV Musk. I love it, reach for it a lot now. Clubman has the “classic” barbershop scents to me. IMO, AV Musk has the barbershop scent with an “edge”. I’m 48 and have never worn trendy or teen male scents. The first cologne I bought with my own money back in the 80’s was English Leather Musk, thought I was fancy:) anyway, I like it and for the price at the local stores, I recommend giving it a splash!

Aqua Velva is a kind of scent I am more likely to come across in gatherings where average age of people is like 40+
It is fleeting at best and you will never be looked around for being 'that guy'.
Personally I prefer Skin Bracer over Velva. SB somehow goes beyond age constraints and never feel dated. I am 50 and wear it like Chuck Norris :D

If I remember correctly from my youth, my grandfather would tell me that a good musk changes it's scent based on the chemistry of the man wearing it. I am honestly not sure how true that is due to not having the experience.

I do remember my mother just bad mouthing almost every men's scent there exists. I love my mother, but I honestly think she just likes to complain. Meh, I'm an adult now. I've learned to pay attention to others' opinions, but put it all under advise.

Mister Bonney! You can just stay after school and clean the blackboards, young man.

That is the sort of joke which would leave a six year old in a state of permanent giggles.

Funny, i just picked this up in the grocery store and gave it a sniff. Seemed way too perfumy for me to get past the first impression. I like the 'Ice-Blue'.

Kroger used to have an 'Ice Blue' knock off called 'Arctic Blue' that my wife and I liked better. To date it is my wife's favorite scent of the products that I've tried.

Funny, i just picked this up in the grocery store and gave it a sniff. Seemed way too perfumy for me to get past the first impression. I like the 'Ice-Blue'.

Kroger used to have an 'Ice Blue' knock off called 'Arctic Blue' that my wife and I liked better. To date it is my wife's favorite scent of the products that I've tried.
It smells perfumy in the bottle to me also, but changes once you put it on. I love the stuff, especially this time of year and it is inexpensive enough to throw out if you don't like it.

AV musk is a favorite of mine. The scent mellows quickly and does not overpower once it dries. It will linger ever so slightly through a good part of the day.

Is it an old man’s scent? Nowadays it probably is to many in the under 50 crowd, but to me it’s timeless!

Top Bottom