What's new

An Aftershave PIF

Thanks! It's my pleasure to offer a PIF and I am happy to generate some fun traffic on my favorite B&B forum...

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
oh man! This is so great!

I am in my first yearlong restraint and it is harder than I thought it would be. I will post reviews! I really needed this!

Its an extra bonus to give you a little bright spot in your restraint. Just shot you a PM and it will be great to get your reaction to these aftershaves...

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have been remiss in posting my reviews, gents, and for that I am quite sorry. Real life got in the way!

Barbasol Pacific Rush
Given the hype surrounding this one, I was very excited. I have used it a couple times now, and I just don't get it. Not too crazy about the smell, the burn - oh the burn! - or the skin conditioning. Gonna make a PIF outta this.

Country Club Southern Oud
I generally don't like Oud, but I really like this scent. Hangs around for a bit, just pronounced enough. I have only used it a couple times, but I dig it. Not sure if I like it enough to keep it. I may throw it in the PIF.

AV Ice Sport
This was OK. I thought I picked up a bit of citrus? Scent faded quickly. I would pass it on, but my toddler grabbed the bottle and broke it. I definitely like AV Original better.

Pinaud:

Clubman
I love the scent. It's a classic. I really need to buy a large bottle of this aftershave.

Citrus Musk
Just as I dislike oud, I dislike musk. But whatever this smells like, it's pure awesomeness. Definitely going to buy a big bottle of this too. Smells classy! I am curious too about the mixing options.

Lilac Vegetal
I am not chosen, I never could be a janitor. This will be PIF'd.

That's is it for now... I will try lime, vanilla, and special reserve later on!

I have been remiss in posting my reviews, gents, and for that I am quite sorry. Real life got in the way!

Barbasol Pacific Rush
Given the hype surrounding this one, I was very excited. I have used it a couple times now, and I just don't get it. Not too crazy about the smell, the burn - oh the burn! - or the skin conditioning. Gonna make a PIF outta this.

Country Club Southern Oud
I generally don't like Oud, but I really like this scent. Hangs around for a bit, just pronounced enough. I have only used it a couple times, but I dig it. Not sure if I like it enough to keep it. I may throw it in the PIF.

AV Ice Sport
This was OK. I thought I picked up a bit of citrus? Scent faded quickly. I would pass it on, but my toddler grabbed the bottle and broke it. I definitely like AV Original better.

Pinaud:

Clubman
I love the scent. It's a classic. I really need to buy a large bottle of this aftershave.

Citrus Musk
Just as I dislike oud, I dislike musk. But whatever this smells like, it's pure awesomeness. Definitely going to buy a big bottle of this too. Smells classy! I am curious too about the mixing options.

Lilac Vegetal
I am not chosen, I never could be a janitor. This will be PIF'd.

That's is it for now... I will try lime, vanilla, and special reserve later on!
I never got the Pacific rush love either, PIF'd mine away. You got three treats for Pinaud coming up!!!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Pinaud Lime

This scent didn’t last too long on me. I know it’s reputed to be very sweet. I kind of liked it. If I were to buy a lime aftershave, I don’t know that it would be this one, but I’ll definitely use this once the weather warms up.

Thanks for the reviews!
The Southern Oud sounds intriguing - I recently tried RR Tuscan Oud soap and quite enjoy the scent.
Citrus Musk sounds like a must try too.

I enjoy the Pacific Rush - the scent is not inspiring, but I like the burn, the menthol and the face feel. I stocked up on it!
With you on the Ice Sport.
Did not care for the Lime SEC. Lime gone in seconds and the remaining scent was not for me.

Glad you are having fun with the PIF... Citrus Musk is a keeper and I will be interested in your reactions to the remaining 3....

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Thanks for the reviews!
The Southern Oud sounds intriguing - I recently tried RR Tuscan Oud soap and quite enjoy the scent.
Citrus Musk sounds like a must try too.

I enjoy the Pacific Rush - the scent is not inspiring, but I like the burn, the menthol and the face feel. I stocked up on it!
With you on the Ice Sport.
Did not care for the Lime SEC. Lime gone in seconds and the remaining scent was not for me.

That is interesting. I did not care for Tuscan Oud. I like Southern Oud. Shows to go you how large of a category oud is!

Glad you are having fun with the PIF... Citrus Musk is a keeper and I will be interested in your reactions to the remaining 3....

Stay tuned...

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Clubman Special Reserve

So, I dislike lilac vegetal. What if theree was some other scent that was so awful, it made lilac vegetal smell nice?

Enter SR. I applied this to my face and immediately wanted to retch. It was an all out assault on my sinuses. The scents described on the website were present, yes - all in a very bad, awful way. I am gonna pass this on, but am having doubts because I feel bad about not throwing it away.

Can anyone clue me in on what they were going for?

Top Bottom