What's new

Favorite Cheap Aftershaves?

In the UK you’d go a long way to beat the two Superdrug AS splashes - Forest Fresh and Sierran Breeze. Both punch above their very slender weight of £2.49 a bottle or £4 for two.

Always use Brut & Old Spice, I wouldn't pay the nonsensical prices for most modern aftershaves, Brut was good enough for Henry Cooper & Kevin Keegan in the Seventies! so good enough for me now.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Hi anyone have any favorite cheap aftershaves? Please share:a21:
Mine are Brut Aqua Velva Musk Barbasol Brisk Family Dollar Spice (old spice copy) which mine no longer carries I do like some higher end ones but lately i come back to classics. Iv tried dollar general Brut copy wasn't my favorite but works in a pinch
Old Spice

I've got some Old Spice coming from india. Pretty well the first AS / cologne I've bought in 30 yrs. No can do scents in medical world. First shaving related item my wife thought was a good idea.

I finally got to try the Arko aftershave. I am very pleased with it. This is a brand new product from Arko. It is very refreshing with a nice mild scent. It has a sort of citrus scent to it. No menthol that I can detect which is good because I am not a big fan of menthol.
I'm not good at describing scents but I can say I really like this one and for the price it's a real bargain. This stuff is really nice. Only $6.00 on Amazon.
View attachment 944360

I have the cool in the longer plastic bottle.
It is a bit too potent for me.

I am a fan of cheap aftershaves.

Best for scent longevity.

Old spice (Indian or European)
Gillette cool wave
Pinaud citrus musk

Best short lived scents.

Pinaud bay rum
AV ice blue
Epsilon Mediterranean blue (better than floid blue & AV IMO better staying power to!)
Proraso green

Honourable mentions

Nivea cooling balm
AV Musk (good longevity)
Skin bracer (good longevity)
Proraso sandalwood
Pinaud whiskey woods
Ogallala bay rum double strength (good longevity)

I work in the medical world so no scent at work. I like a lightly scented AS that fades fairly quick. Osage rub is good for that. On days off I've tried Old Spice from India which is nice, and fairly cheap. I've got some Clubman citrus musk on order from amazon to try. I haven't invested a lot of money in an expensive AS because I really can't use it that often.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I work in the medical world so no scent at work.
Try 4711. Great fragrance, but very fleeting. Splash it on, feel great, and in 20 minutes it is gone.

4711 itself is a cologne. For an AS, I mix a pint of witch hazel with a half-pint of 4711, add about an ounce of glycerine and I'm good to go. Smells great going on (the 4711 kills the WH stink), and 20 minutes later, I can spray on my frag of the day without conflict. (There's nothing special about these proportions. Experiment all you want. Some people have advised me to add aloe, which at some point, I might.) Of course, you could just use it straight.

4711 is pretty economical, too. Fragrancenet.com often has 800 ml (!) bottles of the stuff on sale for about $30.

HTH

Try 4711. Great fragrance, but very fleeting. Splash it on, feel great, and in 20 minutes it is gone.

4711 itself is a cologne. For an AS, I mix a pint of witch hazel with a half-pint of 4711, add about an ounce of glycerine and I'm good to go. Smells great going on (the 4711 kills the WH stink), and 20 minutes later, I can spray on my frag of the day without conflict. (There's nothing special about these proportions. Experiment all you want. Some people have advised me to add aloe, which at some point, I might.) Of course, you could just use it straight.

4711 is pretty economical, too. Fragrancenet.com often has 800 ml (!) bottles of the stuff on sale for about $30.

HTH
Great! Thanks for the info! I will give it a try.

Top Bottom