What's new

Favorite Cheap Aftershaves?

I think RazoRock aftershaves offer the best value in fragrances. They cost about $11 to $13 a bottle and smell like they cost hundreds. Whoever creates their scents has exquisite taste.

I think RazoRock aftershaves offer the best value in fragrances. They cost about $11 to $13 a bottle and smell like they cost hundreds. Whoever creates their scents has exquisite taste.
This is the same as I feel about Stirling aftershaves...
I dont think that $12 for 3 oz is a very good value.
Certainly what you consider "good value" is never to be the same as the next guy, you do understand that, right? I am of the belief that the $13 range for 3 oz. is a great value considering the quality of ingredients that went into making them compared to what is in dime store aftershaves!!

I dont think that $12 for 3 oz is a very good value.

RazoRock aftershaves contain as much fragrance, quality fragrance, as colognes and EDTs. Only a few drops can make you smell great for hours. You're comparing them with the likes of Aqua Velva. I'm comparing them with quality products.

Last edited:
This is the same as I feel about Stirling aftershaves...

Certainly what you consider "good value" is never to be the same as the next guy, you do understand that, right? I am of the belief that the $13 range for 3 oz. is a great value considering the quality of ingredients that went into making them compared to what is in dime store aftershaves!!
You are certainly right when you say that value is a very subjective thing. I still stand by my claim that $12 for 3 oz isnt a very good value, no matter how supposedly, "good" the ingredients are.

RazoRock aftershaves contain as much fragrance, quality fragrance, as colognes and EDTs. Only a few drops can make you smell great for hours. You're comparing them with the likes of Aqua Velva. I'm comparing them with quality products.

That's actually one thing I really don't like in an aftershave -- a strong, lasting scent. If I want that, I'll apply a fragrance afterwards. Aftershave should be for soothing my face...I don't want to end up with too much scent on me because I needed some more AS after a troublesome shave.

That's actually one thing I really don't like in an aftershave -- a strong, lasting scent. If I want that, I'll apply a fragrance afterwards. Aftershave should be for soothing my face...I don't want to end up with too much scent on me because I needed some more AS after a troublesome shave.
With that said are you a fan of Lucky Tiger aftershave and face tonic? Something else?

With that said are you a fan of Lucky Tiger aftershave and face tonic? Something else?

I've actually never used Lucky Tiger aftershave, though maybe I should give it a try. Like I'd said earlier in the thread, my favorite inexpensive aftershave (and one of my favorite aftershaves, period) is Nivea For Men Sensitive balm. Honestly, trying that stuff for the first time was one of my first big "wow" moments when I was beginning wetshaving...like, it just made my face feel so much better that it was hard to believe.

OK, then our mileage varies.

I'm the same way. I want the scent of my aftershave to last 1-2 hours, and really only be perceptible to me.

De Vergulde Hand lotion
De Vergulde Hand balm
Denim original
Brut original
Nivea sensitive balm
Nivea prtoct & care balm
Amando Noir

Pinaud makes my favorite line of affordable aftershave. In the winter they get some glycerin but the rest of the year they are perfect as is for me.

Some good cheap aftershaves would include:

Barbasol Brisk, Master's Bay Rum, Gabel's Original, and any brand of Florida Water.

I like Clubman Pinaud products but I ordered some Stephan's products and received them yesterday. They are very nice as well and are also inexpensive. I got the Bay Rum, 320 Astringent, and an additional bottle of Spicy.

Top Bottom