What's new

SHARK WEEK: July 24-31!!

Shave # 3 with the Shark SC and RR Lupo 95 SB. Best shave yet! No blood, weepers or irritation. The blade was smooth and cutting well from the onset. Perhaps using ARKO helped! The blade definitely performed better on the 3rd shave vs. the 1st and 2nd shaves. I am glad I revisited using Sharks and that I participated in Shark Week!

Final Shark Week shave of 2022

Shark Super Stainless (2)
La Criatura
Simpson T2
Proraso white cream
The Veg

No pic because I was trying to be quick in hotel bathroom before others woke up. Good shave, no blood, but could've been better if I wasn't in a hurry. I'm on the highway to Hell (MI) today! Then onward to Chicago.

It's been a great Shark Week, see you all next year!

Shark Super Stainless (9)
DSCosmetic DS-D8-T
Arko
Perfecto badger
Cerave

1659277155257.png

Since I survived shark week again, I will celebrate just as I did last year - I've loaded up a PolSilver Super Iridium, provided by @Grundi in a giveaway last year.

ATTENTION

THIS IS A LUUNY TUNE ALERT
FOR MISSING DERANGED INDIVIDUALS

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN?

alfredenewman.jpg

THIS PERSON'S NAME AND IDENTITY ARE NOT BEING DISCLOSED BECAUSE WE REALLY DON'T KNOW WHO HE IS!

This we know for sure, He is deranged, paranoid, psychotic and suffers from Delusions of Granduer.
The subject has been known to impersonate famous scientist, circus performers and movie stars.
He once tried tried to impersonate an NFL football linebacker but that didn't work out too well.
A scary incident was when he had a political campaign and almost became a US Senator.

Subject was last seen walking toward a beach with a mask, snorkel and swimming flippers. An eye witness said
the crazy man was muttering about a friendly shark named Chompers and visiting some one named @Mike M
Mike M may also be a co-conspirator or accomplice and involved in some type of fraudulent activity.
If you see this individual, do not believe a word he says! For the safety of all mankind, immediately contact the
Management Against Delusions Center

UPDATE

We were informed moments ago that the MAD Center has hired a new Director of Psychiatry.

alfredenewman.jpg
Dr. Newman E. Alfred

The distinguished and renowned Doctor Alfred said the missing patient may never be located.
The world famous physician said "It is my hope that the MAD facility will be able to assist individuals suffering for debilitating delusional disorders. Dr. Mike, a noted scientist from Scotland will assist in all future treatment services...Good Day!"

SHARK WEEK CLOSE 7.31.22

I have dropped anchor in new Shark waters.
Changed over to the Shark Platinum
There was some blood, due to a couple of weepers. No fault of the Shark Platinum. It was the doofus behind the razor.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did this past week.

Lucky to share this, and all other topics, with a very fine group of gentlemen.

Perfect Dark Pirate GIF by Sea of Thieves

Razor: New LC
Blade: Shark Platinum
Soap : ShArko
Brush: Omega boar
AS: OS Classic
20220731_093710.jpg

Last edited:
Okay I haven't posted over in this thread about shark week so here goes. I have used a bevel razor for this challenge and it has tamed the shark and jaws blades to where they're similar to other blades. This has been fun but hectic since I'm also having to deal with house problems and insurance has us in a hotel until the floors downstairs are fixed. I would say that the bevel seems to tame even the most mischievous of blades....

PS. I don't remember if I ever said I'm in over in this thread so if I didn't... I am and have been in this whole time.....

⠀⠀
🛥⚓🦈 🦈

SHARK WEEK
Shave: 5
Sunday July 31 2022

🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

D5141E66-0572-4DF0-95B1-9E585E3A30C4.jpeg

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Soap: Stirling Bay Laurel
Razor: Fatip Nobile Gentile
Blade:
Dixon Cutlery Co Germany. UN XLD.
Mowed down 4 days of stubble.
I found this blade in the wild. There was a big chip that was taken out by yours truly. The no longer chipped edge is still a work in progress. It's on the small side for my liking. But still, love the idea of shaving with a pre safety era style of razor.
Shark Platinum Super Stainless (48)
Brush: Omega boar brush
2 pass some touch up with the SHARK DFS.
There was no🩸in the water.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⠀⠀ ⢸⡇⠀⠀⠀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠘⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠐⠃⠀⠀⠀⣠⡾⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠗⠀⠀ ⠀⣀⣤⣴⣶⣶⣦⣤⣀⠀⠀⠺⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠛⠀⠀⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠛⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠘⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠃⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣤⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣶⣦⣤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣶⣿⡿⠟⠛⠋⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠛⠻⠿⣿⣷⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⡿⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢿⣿⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⣿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⣿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣿⡏⠀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⡄⠸⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⡇⢸⣟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⣷⠀⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⡇⠘⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⡏⠀⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣷⠀⢻⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⠁⢰⣿⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⣿⣇⢸⣿⠀⠀⣀⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣶⣤⣤⣤⣄⡀⠀⢸⡏⢠⣿⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣿⡟⠀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠸⣿⣿⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣠⣤⣤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⣿⡇⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⣿⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣤⡀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⢸⣿⡟⢿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠈⢿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠁⠀⠀⣠⣤⡀⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣿⡿⠃⠀⠀⢸⡇⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⠻⣿⣷⠀⠀
⠀⢀⣿⣿⠃⠀⢻⣿⣦⣄⡀⠀⣿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⠀⠈⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⠇⠀⣀⣴⣿⡿⠁⠀⣿⣿⣄⠀
⣰⣿⡿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠙⠻⢿⣿⣷⣾⣷⣤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣶⣿⡿⠟⠋⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣦
⢿⣿⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣤⣄⠀⠈⠙⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⡀⠀⠀⢻⣿⠟⠻⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⣠⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠋⠁⠀⣀⣤⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣿⡿
⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠙⠻⢿⣿⣷⣦⣄⡀⠈⢻⣏⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⠀⣸⣿⣿⢳⡿⠉⠀⣀⣤⣶⣿⡿⠟⠋⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠻⢿⣿⣷⣶⣿⠘⣿⣿⢳⡦⡤⢤⠤⡤⢤⢤⡴⣶⢻⣿⡏⢸⣷⣶⣿⡿⠟⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢙⣿⣿⠀⣿⣿⣿⣷⣷⣾⣴⣧⣼⣾⣷⣿⢿⣿⠃⢸⣿⡋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣤⣾⣿⡿⣿⡀⠈⠻⣼⣇⣏⢻⠙⡏⢹⢹⣇⣿⠾⠋⠀⣼⡿⣿⣿⣶⣤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢠⣴⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣿⡿⠟⠋⠁⢀⣿⣧⡀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⡀⠀⠉⠛⠿⣿⣿⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣏⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁⠀⣀⣴⣾⣿⠿⠻⢷⣤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣾⠟⠿⣿⣷⣦⣄⡀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⢉⣿⣿⠇⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣷⡄⠀⢀⣶⣿⡿⠟⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠙⠻⠿⢶⣶⣦⣶⣶⣶⠾⠟⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⣴⣿⡿⠋⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⡇⣠⣿⡿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣦⢀⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢿⣿⣿⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⢿⣿⣿⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⣠⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣾⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⢠⣾⣿⣏⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⢡⣶⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⡄⠀
⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣽⣦⡀⠀⠀⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠛⢧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣿⣿⠀⠀
⠀⠘⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣄⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠇⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⢿⠻⠛⠙⠉⠋⠛⠳⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣿⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⡇⣠⣤⣶⣶⣾⡉⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣰⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⠾⢇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠱⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠐⠤⢤⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣬⣭⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣤⣄⣀⣀⣠⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⣤⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠛⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣶⣤⣤⣘⡛⠿⢿⡿⠟⠛⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣦⣤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⡄⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣾⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⠉⠁⠀⠈⠉⠙⠛⠛⠻⠿⠿⠿⠿⠟⠛⠃⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠛⠛⠛⠿⠿⠿⣶⣦⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠛⠂
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⠿⠛⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀​
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Thank you @BigJ for another fun year.

I know that I have been AWOL for most of this week and I apologize. Work has been hectic, and my wife is having various health problems keeping my attention mostly occupied elsewhere. My last 4 shaves have been with a Shark Super Stainless blade in a Winning razor. These have been good blades for me. They don't seem as sharp as some of my other blades but I have not experienced tugging. No weepers or irritation were experienced. I enjoyed this blade more than the Shark Platinum. All in all, the Shark Stainless has proved itself to be a comfortable and drama free blade that causes no fear in this shaver. YMMV

SHARK WEEK Day 8: SURVIVAL!!

Razor:
Wolfman WR1
Blade: Jaws (4)
Brush: Simpsons duke 2 best badger
Soap: Haslinger’s sandalwood
Splash: Speick

Comment: In the spirit of Shark Week I pushed this blade for a final shave!

Taking upmost care, ‘beard reduction’ only. Result: better than yesterday (8.5/10)!

NO more blood and I survived another Shark Week!!

Hope that everyone who participated had a great time!! :a29::a29:

20220730_083831.jpg

Razor: Schick E2 Injector Razor
Blade: Shark Super Chrome, trimmed to fit
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Don't try this at home.
20220730_084126.jpg

Thanks, @BigJ for a fun week! In spite of my experiments I made it through with no blood drawn.

Shark Week - out of the tank!
8 days, 9 razors, 3 blades

the good Platinum (3)
Gillette New LC floral kit
Williams Mug lathered with my fat handle fruitwood mistura
water rinse
C4778E14-15B7-4C82-955A-F24AEB177488.jpeg

The good Plat shaved close and smooth. The New LC was a good match.

The brush was very comfortable. I turned it to fill my hand, rather than my usual fingertip grip, but... this mistura knot is slow to break in. It ate lather, required a second Williams application, and generally was the bad boy of the shave.

Not even an unruly brush can disturb a Shark loving its last shave paired with a compatible toothy razor.

Thanks @BigJ and everyone for a fascinating Shark Week!

Decided to “Change the Game“ :) this was the 84 but used my timeless handle (to lazy to swap back after cleaning and putting away)
the soap this does not like to leave my brush :) easy to work great lather but hard to get on the face hahahahaah so another pass for me on this one

EEF16EE1-14DA-469D-B30C-1E0E940985C1.jpeg

My Story Time hope they were fun :)

the shark dives were awesome but some of the “OTHER” stuff I got to do still stood out more in my memories :)

the coolest things that lead to something I dreamed of but never thought would happen getting to dive on the USS Arizona !
I got to certify Gene Hackman (and his wife) for the movie “The Firm” also John Grisham liked to know what he was saying doing in movie was going to be true so the plot of him not being able to dive and fly was something they wanted to make sure it was correct and ask a dive pro :) kinda a small thing did not meet him Gene said he wanted to make sure that was correct as the plot turned around that kinda
Ended up going back on a dive vacation with Gene and his wife later on fun stuff and very lucky
BUT this lead to my #1 dive that I was so honored and humbled to be able to dive on which was the USS Arizona Memorial Gene was going to be doing some work for the Memorial and I was with them at the time (back story for another time)
So after the Memorial closed we went out and got a private tour and dove on her with Daniel Martinez who is the head historian for the USS Arizona and the other wrecks so got so much great info and being able to dive on the wreck and knowing it holds over 1100 souls was something that still gives me chicken skin
Truly a honor and so much history I cant put into words

so flip that to Chuuk or Truk Lagoon which was the flip side to the attack of Pearl Harbor a few years later where the US sunk the Japanese supply fleet that was also some of the most amazing dives in my life on the old WWII shipwrecks and was just wild stuff to see (worked down there for a bit in the 90s)
being able to dive on and touch Zero fighter planes still on the bottom ! and Betty Bombers and tanks and things like the old pin mines you see in movies which were in these huge boxes 2 to a box with the pins in a center tray and they were still live :)
one of the ships was filled with the 7.7×58mm rounds so was a complete supply ship of that ammo that hit the bottom and spilled out just wild to see that much ammo !

one of the ships we used to dive into had a huge hole that was punched by a US bomb that did not go off but went through a few decks and the bomb is still there stuck in the last deck it made it through :)

its quite a popular live aboard dive site with some shore resorts but WOW diving and worth the trip if you are into Scuba and want to truly be mind blown diving :) again most of my diving was leading dives of tourists visiting the areas its just when you work and live in those places and get to dive them over and over daily the things you get to see is insane :) and I never ever got tired even diving a site 500+ times I would still look forward to it and love it

Being a huge history lover of WWII one of those folks who has watched all the WWII movies and BoB at least 100 times etc... I do think some of it was the amount of contact I had with it !

I do wish I had go pro and modern digital gear back then :) but oh well they are in my head and heart :)
sadly I had a lung issue come up from sulfur dioxide poisoning and had lung damage that made me quit :( darn volcanoes ! Otherwise I would still be working on the dive boats but had a rug pull !

this photo is from Chuuk would be a Japanese soldier much respect for all who lost their life on both sides
so while doing shark dives were fun and awesome I think diving wrecks was my # 1 love of my dive life and got to dive on some like the USS Arizona which very few get to and work in Chuuk just cant put into words :)

8A33D1ED-F540-469F-8CF5-98E3E38EF0D6.jpeg

Shark Week PIF, Shave #7

Associated gear:

1940's Gillette SuperSpeed
Jaws SS DE Blade
Rubberset 400-3 Boar
WMS

No Blood in the water on this outing, my 3rd with the Jaws blade, and therefore the rubber match.

Overall, a pretty good shave, drama free, DFS after 2 passes, BBS after 3 plus some touch up.

I'll wrap up tomorrow the way I started with a Shark Super Stainless

Last shave of Shark Week and it went great. I left no blood in the water on this one too. Thanks to @BigJ for another fun shark week, and I'm looking forward to doing this again. :boat:

Razor: RazoRock Jaws
Blade: Shark Platinum (4)
Brush: Yaqi Synthetic
Soap: 345 Soaps - Shark Bite
Aftershave: PAA Coconut Bay Rum

Top Bottom