What's new

Where'd You Get Your Username?

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
One of many nicknames, which, under Robert’s Rules of Order, can only be bestowed, never chosen. This one came from my older brother, who used to shoot me with his BB gun using those those silver beads from mom’s Christmas cookies. Who also told me with fervor that I was adopted by Gypsies, and easily returnable. I take great joy in reminding him of these things.

Hello everyone! These types of threads can be fun sometimes. As the title says, how did you come to choose your username? Some I see played with names or dates. Others from characters I recognize. Still others seem comical and quirky, just like us! So if you'd like to share, here's a good place. I'll start us off.

Rookie was the nickname my platoon gave me when I got to my first army unit in Germany (go Big Red One!). I shrugged it off until I got back from my first war. The newbs there heard someone call me Rookie. And that was my name. It followed me to my second unit. And, years later, I meet someone I served with at the restaurant I was working as a chef. My coworkers heard I was called Rookie and then the nickname followed me around. I've made peace with it and take kind of a perverse pleasure in earning an army nickname that's stuck around since 1999.

From my mommy.

Main character of a 90s indie movie from Japan

MV5BNWI4NDc1MWEtOWQxZS00NjExLWJlZTAtM2M2NTVjYTFmMjg5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY1NzY2NA@@._V1_SY1000_CR...jpg

Limited edition electric guitar amplifier made by Mike Zaite (a.k.a., “Dr. Z”). When played at performance levels, the sonic impact of this amplifier can be a life-changing experience. It’s nothing like playing “the stereo” or, god forbid, one of those dinky little “bluetooth” thingies. Reminds me of what my 69-year old brother-in-law said a couple of years ago to a twenty-something kid bragging about his Honda automobile: “Kid, if you think a Honda is a ‘hot’ car, it’s too late for me to do anything for you.”

0DF047AC-DC5C-4D95-85D8-1ED1F80ABF1B.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Limited edition electric guitar amplifier made by Mike Zaite (a.k.a., “Dr. Z”). When played at performance levels, the sonic impact of this amplifier can be a life-changing experience. It’s nothing like playing “the stereo” or, god forbid, one of those dinky little “bluetooth” thingies. Reminds me of what my 69-year old brother-in-law said a couple of years ago to a twenty-something kid bragging about his Honda automobile: “Kid, if you think a Honda is a ‘hot’ car, it’s too late for me to do anything for you.”

View attachment 1149232
I WANT one. Lol, and I play drums!

But I blame guitarists for me hearing worse in my right ear than my left. They always want to turn it up to ELEVEN!

FarmerTan

Wait til the War Dept sees that post. :a41:
Brother, she saw it! Look what she made me do:
15990768676703653406894824384402.jpg

I have to admit, she did most of the work. Lol, with my lungs she's probably rethinking all that, "in sickness and in health" business!
Notice the folded up lawn chair? She went to scUM, so you don't have to guess who the REAL farmer is in this marriage!

FarmerTan

What a beauty!
My lovely War Department JUST YESTERDAY mentioned that we may have to get a dog again after 20 years without our dachshunds. They are without a doubt the hard headedest breed in history!

We need something a little more suited to old people, as we ain't getting younger.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I was the soundman for a local band friends were in. Captp is short for Captain P. Overboard. The P is for Punk (they were a semi-punk/new wave band)

Top Bottom