What's new

What's the WORST beer you've ever tried?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Schlitz.

Absolute worst. beer. ever. I couldn't force myself to drink one.
James:
proxy.php
...I'm with you on this...strictly 'rock-gut' beer.
proxy.php

$bluebull8.jpg

proxy.php
“Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder” Author Unknown

Steel Reserve 211. It's just bad...really, really bad. Has some merit though I guess. I see quite a few street zombies drinking a lot of it.

I have to say Sam Adams Cherry Wheat was absolutely atrocious. I don't know how people drink it, Cherry cough drop comes to mind.

Milwaukee's best light, by far was the worst beer I've ever had, but I drank it anyways because it was really cheap. The trick to that is get 2 6packs of good beer or a small bottle of whiskey, drink that first, and then it don't taste too bad, or just chug it.

Wild Blue. My girlfriend and I bought it as part of a build your own six pack, we thought it was a Flying Dog beer and figured we'd give it a try. Both of us thought it was way too sweet...almost like a weird malty fruit drink. It wasn't until months later that I found out about the whole AB/Flying Dog controversy and saw none other than Wild Blue being discussed! Turns out a lot of people dislike it for various reasons. More recently I had a sample of a lemongrass and ginger IPA from the cask at Cigar City in Tampa and didn't really like it at all. I try to make a habit of not judging a beer based on just a small sample, but it was pretty disappointing.

elephant beer its horrible do not get it if you are in germany EVER

also i really dislike sam adams boston lauger its god awful to me

Costco's Kirkland branded ales. I tried half of the India pale ale, poured the rest in the sink and gave the remainder of unopened bottles to my father-in-law.
$kirklandsignature.jpg

Wulle Bier brewed in Stuttgart, Germany. It's an old label (about 150 years) brought back recently to much fanfare. Terrible. Just awful. Had to grab my last bottle of Bamberg's famous Schlekerla smoked beer just to get the taste out of my mouth.

They should have left this one to history.

I don't like Heineken either; I am a Grolsch and Warsteiner man.

But the funny thing is that Heineken always ranks high in blind tasting tests. Probably because it is so neutral, without an outspoken character.

I'll agree with you on the Heineken exported "Cold Filtered" version, but the Heineken sold in the Netherlands is very good, IMHO.

Cheers,

Rick

Yes, Heineken in the green bottle is terrible. Always "skunked."

That oil-can though tastes pretty good.

for Heineken

The Bruery 'Tart of Darkness'

This is a high end beer, but I couldn't take more than a couple sips. I've had cough medicine go down easier.

Wild Blue. My girlfriend and I bought it as part of a build your own six pack, we thought it was a Flying Dog beer and figured we'd give it a try. Both of us thought it was way too sweet...almost like a weird malty fruit drink. It wasn't until months later that I found out about the whole AB/Flying Dog controversy and saw none other than Wild Blue being discussed! Turns out a lot of people dislike it for various reasons. More recently I had a sample of a lemongrass and ginger IPA from the cask at Cigar City in Tampa and didn't really like it at all. I try to make a habit of not judging a beer based on just a small sample, but it was pretty disappointing.

I had wild blue one day at a buddies house and he laughed at me when I tried to drink it straight. He mixed it 1 part sprite to 2 parts wild blue. Though not really a beer, and still pretty sweet, It was actually pretty decent that way.

I had wild blue one day at a buddies house and he laughed at me when I tried to drink it straight. He mixed it 1 part sprite to 2 parts wild blue. Though not really a beer, and still pretty sweet, It was actually pretty decent that way.

Judging from how I remember it tasting, that sounds like it would actually be kind of pleasant!

Top Bottom