What's new

What Razor Would You Replace Immediately If You Lost/Broke It?

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
The funny thing to me is that the ones I'd raid a tomb to replace are mostly the most expensive ones I have: ATT S2, RR Wunderbar, Blackland Sabre.

Even funnier, though, is the realization that some of the razors I hold in high esteem are basically available for pocket change: PAA Starling V2, PAA El Fantasma, RR German 37.

Similar to @Fabi, I've got a couple of backups for the "ElF." That thing hits a lot of the right buttons for me.

O.H.

The funny thing to me is that the ones I'd raid a tomb to replace are mostly the most expensive ones I have: ATT S2, RR Wunderbar, Blackland Sabre.

Even funnier, though, is the realization that some of the razors I hold in high esteem are basically available for pocket change: PAA Starling V2, PAA El Fantasma, RR German 37.

Similar to @Fabi, I've got a couple of backups for the "ElF." That thing hits a lot of the right buttons for me.

O.H.
The ElF with a shim is really good but I think the PBOCS with a shim on top of the blade is a little better.

Plastic fantastics!

Hi Gents

Most of us have multiple razors in our collection/rotation. I have been wet shaving for over 20 years and I have collected a few myself over the years. While they all shave differently, I like them all. I rotate them all. But I keep coming back to my Merkur 34C more often than any other razor. It's definitely my favourite of the lot. I love it so much that I have a brand new one still in its box, in case I lost or somehow broke the one I currently use. For me, it's the only razor that will need immediate replacing.
What about you guys? Any razor you own that you will replace immediately?

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk
I got another Fatip Gold Grande after a dozen or so shaves. Unlikely one of them unavailable for my shave.

D253D7AA-32FA-4189-894E-A8D40B584825.jpeg

I wish I had picked up a couple more Weber Polished heads while they were $40 used. It's a benchmark for me. Best sintered razor ever.

Funny you should ask, I've just lost my 34c and 39c. I couldn't find them at home, after having been at both my mum's place and my dad's place for a while. It's not at their places, so now I have to do the full tour and look under the bed etc. If they don't show up, I'll have to get both again. And I need an adjustable, so I only lose one, if it happens again.

I have 4 razors. Rockwell 6S, UK Gillette Aristocrat, Gillette Heritage razor and a 1953 Gillette Ball Handle Tech (unused). There is no question that if something happened to my Rockwell 6S I would have to replace it. It is my first razor and it shaves better any than razor I have tried so far. The more that I use it the more that I appreciate it.

M

member 119848

O.H.
I have El Fantasma too. Great razor!
Yesterday it fell on the bathroom floor and didn´t show any sign of stunt. A metal razor would have been dented, and a bakelite one could have been chipped.
I realized than an ABS razor like the El Fantasma is not only made to last, but is also bomb-proof.
I was thinking of getting a backup too until it fell on the floor. Unless I loose it, I won´t need any backup for this thing. :001_smile
Or may be yes... I´ll still get 2 duplicates for my boys when they´ll be in age to shave! :biggrin1:

Gem / Ever ready / Injector SE anything. Although I've already ensured I have multiple copies of each, including the ER stream line:)

I ike all my razors for different reasons and many of them I really like for hiw well they fulfil the highest standards of shaving oerformsnce, fit and finish and looks and cost to performance ratio However my most favourite razor and the one that I would replace as soon as I could if i ever lost it or broke it is still my Tatara Masamune. Rs must nearly perfect for my face. Second to it is my titanium PO76 which achieves a more efficient performance but much more prohibitive to replace due to its very high cost (especially now with the price increases).

Top Bottom