What's new

My razor collection

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I've tried to count all the razors I have. Over the years many came and went, but this is what I have now:

• Barbasol DE razor (non-floating head)
  • Homelike Shaving Start
  • Rarorock GameChanger
  • Eclipse Red Ring
  • Gillette New Short Comb
  • Gillette New Long Comb
  • Gillette New Deluxe
  • Merkur 34c
  • Merkur 34c vintage
  • Leresche (not shure what model)
  • Soviet Red Star travel razor
  • Smart Hellix Apollo
  • Smart Hellix Apollo Light
  • Merkur 11c Vintage
  • Gillette Fat Boy
  • Gillette Tech
  • Shick Krona

I've tried to count all the razors I have. Over the years many came and went, but this is what I have now:

• Homelike Shaving Start
  • Rarorock GameChanger
  • Eclipse Red Ring
  • Gillette New Long Comb
  • Gillette New Deluxe
  • Merkur 34c
  • Merkur 34c vintage
  • Smart Hellix Apollo
  • Smart Hellix Apollo Light
  • Merkur 11c Vintage
  • Gillette Fat Boy
  • Gillette Tech
  • Shick Krona
Fabulous collection !

Space_Cadet

Thank you all for your comments!
I must add a couple more details to my list:

1. Barbasol DE razor (non-floating head) - I have one NOS and one in excellent condition.
2. Homelike Shaving Start - I have two baseplates with different gap.
3. Eclipse Red Ring - I have one in almost perfect condition, including box, and one in excellent condition.
4. Merkur 34c vintage - NOS, with box, instructions and blade.
5. Leresche - NOS, with box, instructions and blades.
6. Gillette Fat Boy - I have 5 of them. All in excellent condition, with original boxes, instructions and blades.
7. Gillette Tech - One in perfect condition, with the original wrapper and box. An extremely rare model I have never seen anywhere. Another in excellent condition with box.

Last edited:

Space_Cadet

I tried to make a list of razors I previously owned (partial list):

Rockwell 6s
HomelikeShaving Colibri
Matador
Rocnel Elite
Rocnel adjustable 2019
Blackland Blackbird
Ikon B1
Ikon B1 OSS
Olaf Rassmussen razor
Stando Mate
Rex Ambassador
Merkur Progress
Barbasol bakelite razor
Masamune Nodachi
Masamune Tatara Nodachi
Merkur 11c
Parker Variant
RazoRock Mentor
Weber
Weber DLC
Solingen razor
Standard razor
Gillette Rocket Monobloc
Gillette Parat
Muhle Rocca
Rotbart Mond Extra
Feather Popular
Karve
Ikon SBS

Wow man. That's an amazing list. Can you provide a brief review of each. Provide an out-of-5 star rating and tell us what you liked, didn't like or still have it.

My DE list:

1/ Some TTO which I returned after 2 days of use because of the finish was peeling. Worked pretty well though.
2/ EJ DE89 Barley. Used for many years. Found it a little aggressive which was confirmed once I tried the AS-D2.
3/ Feather AS-D2. Almost sold it after a few days of unsuccessful usage because of how mild it is (doesn't cut if you don't have the angle within a sweet spot range), then actually spent time learning how to use it.

Wow man. That's an amazing list. Can you provide a brief review of each. Provide an out-of-5 star rating and tell us what you liked, didn't like or still have it.

My DE list:

1/ Some TTO which I returned after 2 days of use because of the finish was peeling. Worked pretty well though.
2/ EJ DE89 Barley. Used for many years. Found it a little aggressive which was confirmed once I tried the AS-D2.
3/ Feather AS-D2. Almost sold it after a few days of unsuccessful usage because of how mild it is (doesn't cut if you don't have the angle within a sweet spot range), then actually spent time learning how to use it.
Any chance your EJ was from the first year or so of production?

A family member has a very old EJ89 and it has a narrower top cap & more blade gap then my other half dozen 89s I purchased in the pursuit of finding one as aggressive as his. I finally gave up and never found much info on the head change so assume it was very early on.

I don’t find the 89 aggressive in the least but everyone shaves differently. I also have a Feather ASD2 and love it as well. Both are great choices. My GameChangers get the most use but the Feather feels a little more mild.

Any chance your EJ was from the first year or so of production?

A family member has a very old EJ89 and it has a narrower top cap & more blade gap then my other half dozen 89s I purchased in the pursuit of finding one as aggressive as his. I finally gave up and never found much info on the head change so assume it was very early on.

I don’t find the 89 aggressive in the least but everyone shaves differently. I also have a Feather ASD2 and love it as well. Both are great choices. My GameChangers get the most use but the Feather feels a little more mild.
I know what you’re talking about and mine was a newer one. I don’t think it was offered with a Barley handle with the old head.

I prefer the razor mild as I shave daily and have very sensitive skin. I’m kind hoping the ATT M1 is resurrected in the model with covered blade tabs, preferably in titanium. That would make me spring for another razor for sure.

Otherwise there’s something or the other I don’t like about the current available razors, usually cosmetic but also in most cases overhang is present where blade tabs are exposed.

Last edited:
I really liked the ATT R1, and wanted a SSRH and their SE razors & slant but was absent at the time and didn’t know they shut down.

My M1 is way too mild for me and from memory it seems it didn’t wanna cut my hair very well. Another revisit in the future will see but that’s one plate I’ll probably end up getting rid of.

The wider top cap version would be great on my R1. But someday I hope to find more ATT razors.

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
You have impeccable taste my friend, @Space_Cadet .

And you are generous to so many people here on Badger and Blade. You "don't have a funny description" because you are a serious gift to us here, cut from the same cloth as @Marco ; we would be a sad place without you my friend.
Dave, you are a true Gentleman. :euro:

• Homelike Shaving Start
  • Rarorock GameChanger
  • Eclipse Red Ring
  • Gillette New Long Comb
  • Gillette New Deluxe
  • Merkur 34c
  • Merkur 34c vintage
  • Smart Hellix Apollo