What's new

What Razor Would You Replace Immediately If You Lost/Broke It?

I have seen your reply, and I remember that your favorite is gc84oc.
Indeed!
But the oc is not my daily driver.
I mainly use the oc during weekends or during vacations.
The sb is a more relaxed razor ,
than the oc.

I have to pick 3. I don't know how I survived with only a '62 Gillette Slim for over 45 years. I would not replace it, and I would be very sad to lose a trusted old friend, but these guys would get replaced....

1. GC 84 SB.
2. GC 68 OC.
3. Gillette NEW SC.

I have a few razors and trying to thin down the herd to the ones I truly love to use. At the moment, I am of the mindset that if one razor was to be lost or broken, I would not replace it and instead, just use the rest. That said, the two that I would hate it if anything happened to them is my 34c, since it was my first razor and my Gillette New Long Comb.

Great thread idea ! We can see the real favourites of everybody instead of the "trending razors".

I would buy a Parker 24C, my first razor and transition into DE shaving.

I can't be without my Rockwell 6S for very long. Also, though I almost never use it, my birth year Super Speed, as that reminds me of my late father (who, however, switched to Good News and BIC plastic disposables as soon as those appeared, and you'll never catch me with either of those).

RR Game Changer Open Comb and Gillette New Deluxe. The New Deluxe would be harder to replace given it's vintage. And given how quickly RR sells out the GC, that may be hard to replace quickly as well.

Everyone will probably think I am crazy, but out of all my razors, SR, DE and SE, there is only one that I use during nearly every shave. Typically, I use 3-4 different razors during my shave, but my clean-up pass is always completed with a VDH/Weishi long handled TTO, even is I use a SR for the initial passes.

Not crazy, but I would never would have guessed a VDH :).

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Since I have only one razor, an EJ DE89, I would need to get another razor. That tees up the same question I have been pondering for sometime. I would like a stainless steel razor. Which one? After nearly sixty years of wet shaving, including straight razor years, I have decent technique. I regularly get BBS with no nicks, cuts, or irritation. I enjoy a very comfortable three pass shave every morning.

Indeed!
But the oc is not my daily driver.
I mainly use the oc during weekends or during vacations.
The sb is a more relaxed razor ,
than the oc.
I remember you had a reply that after you used gc84, you sold other razors. After using gc84oc, you no longer pursue other razors. I just read that reply and bought gc84,. I like it very much. Consider buying 84oc or 68oc now.

Top Bottom