What's new

Watch out on eBay...

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I’ve bought several razors from zigzagpapa, syn3, and momotaroadun, they’re all reputable sellers.

Interesting elaborate scam on ebay where one seller robs another seller using a clueless buyer.

I struggle to see how this would succeed....if the collector/buyer paid to seller 2's paypal id thinking he was paying
seller 1, then seller 2 still has to ship to the collector/buyer, not to an address provided by seller 1. Moreover,
the collector would see that the ebay ID of the seller has now changed after making payment

Because ebay sends automated emails that capture both the seller's ebay ID, item no and description.

Looks like seller 2 not gave his Paypal ID to seller 1 willingly, he also shipped
to a different address than what was on the buyer's Paypal. I think this scam needs two very dumb
people for it to work.

Paypawl.....LOL!

I still get buyers paying me and asking "Oh that's the wrong address, please ship it here..." on items selling in the hundreds of dollars. I always get a good chuckle. But it must work sometimes, otherwise they wouldn't do it. I mean hell, SOME people must have fallen for Nigerian email scams, right?

I struggle to see how this would succeed....if the collector/buyer paid to seller 2's paypal id thinking he was paying
seller 1, then seller 2 still has to ship to the collector/buyer, not to an address provided by seller 1. Moreover,
the collector would see that the ebay ID of the seller has now changed after making payment

Because ebay sends automated emails that capture both the seller's ebay ID, item no and description.

Looks like seller 2 not gave his Paypal ID to seller 1 willingly, he also shipped
to a different address than what was on the buyer's Paypal. I think this scam needs two very dumb
people for it to work.

Paypawl.....LOL!

Considering some try to buy a Rolls Royce on eBay, it probably works occasionally.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I still get buyers paying me and asking "Oh that's the wrong address, please ship it here..." on items selling in the hundreds of dollars. I always get a good chuckle. But it must work sometimes, otherwise they wouldn't do it. I mean hell, SOME people must have fallen for Nigerian email scams, right?

proxy.php

As unbelievable as it is to most people I've actually known smart educated people to fall for this kind of stuff, and in a very serious way, against advice from family, friends, financial advisors, and even government agents.

There's gotta be a special place in hell...

Hi guys,

I've been searching e-bay and came across this thread. Can you tell me whether this is the same razor? The photos look the same, the description is the same, presumably the seller is the same. To me it's not the same razor. Apart from color enhancements there is a small difference in the shape of the heel. Also there marks on the scale logo on one of them. This seller has 100% positive feedback and is mentioned above as reputable. I'm not denying this but I want to be 100% sure that this is correct.

NOS? Near Wedge Enameled HENCKELS 11-V Shoulderless 6/8 Straight Razor w/ box | eBay

Vintage NOS 11-V SHOULDERLESS J.A.HENCKELS 6/8 Straight Razor FRIODUR Unused | #1812981693

Steve56

Hi guys,

I've been searching e-bay and came across this thread. Can you tell me whether this is the same razor? The photos look the same, the description is the same, presumably the seller is the same. To me it's not the same razor. Apart from color enhancements there is a small difference in the shape of the heel. Also there marks on the scale logo on one of them. This seller has 100% positive feedback and is mentioned above as reputable. I'm not denying this but I want to be 100% sure that this is correct.

NOS? Near Wedge Enameled HENCKELS 11-V Shoulderless 6/8 Straight Razor w/ box | eBay

Vintage NOS 11-V SHOULDERLESS J.A.HENCKELS 6/8 Straight Razor FRIODUR Unused | #1812981693

Worthpoint is a service not a vendor. They are a search service that points to completed eBay auctions, so everything they show has been on eBay at some time. Their descriptions are by the eBay seller as are the images. I take that they’re a for-pay service that might be useful for large antique venues, but individuals can do most of what they offer with ‘advanced search’ on eBay.

The vendor is reputable.

Steve56

proxy.php

As unbelievable as it is to most people I've actually known smart educated people to fall for this kind of stuff, and in a very serious way, against advice from family, friends, financial advisors, and even government agents.

There's gotta be a special place in hell...

Well now we know what Daria became when she grew up.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Here is a great one and a good laugh on eBay right now. A straight with a big chip in the blade. Read the description. This guy is actually stating the chip is not a chip but a custom razor job. And describes it as being in excellent condition. This really made me laugh. What are your guys thoughts on this listing.

`Antique Straight Edge Razor. No. 99 Special. King Razor Mfg Co Est. 1913. | eBay

What a find, sir!

proxy.php

Buy It Now for only $135. No doubt this was custom made. Too bad there's only one. Otherwise, I'd be looking for the Seven Day Set.

There's no Make An Offer. If there were, and the shipping were free, I'd offer him a penny.

I like to waste pennies.

I stay away from flippers and sellers. You learn to spot one a mile away. As a result, I've never been burned. The only seller I trust is JR and Johnloc although I think John scrubs his steel too much.

Why did someone do such a thing?

Maybe he was in a dizzy about bevel angle and wanted to reduce it.
Maybe he wanted to make better use of it and cut cheese with the other side.
Maybe he has Gorilla arms and can't control his pressure.
Why does anybody do stupid things? They don't think its stupid...for some reason.

Top Bottom