What's new

Watch out on eBay...

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Ruined Wade razor (on eBay).jpg

Why does anybody do stupid things?
  1. They don't think it's stupid...for some reason.
  2. Maybe he was in a dizzy about bevel angle and wanted to reduce it.
  3. Maybe he wanted to make better use of it and cut cheese with the other side.
  4. Maybe he has Gorilla arms and can't control his pressure.

I'm trying to pick one.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Just seen this one,

"good condition", "still sharp"

Awesome!!

Great find!

Well, at least it has free shipping.

I'm not going to do this, but it's tempting to order it, receive it, and then tell eBay it was represented as being in good condition, get my money back, and stick the vendor with having to either buy me a shipping label back to Europe, or eat the whole transaction. I've had to do that before with an item which was clearly misrepresented (it was sold as a Fatboy but was actually a Slim); the vendor elected to not have it shipped back to them; instead of keeping it, I sent it to a member in the country where it originally came from (I think). It was a decent enough Slim, but not a Fatboy.

My guess is the SR is "still sharp" and would cut you to ribbons, but "good condition?"

Happy shaves,

Jim

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
@Esox ..........

thats no problem. will totally buff out. fine grit progression then some mothers polish and its golden!!!!

it amazes what I see sometimes. there oughta be a simple competency test requirement to list any SR on the big site.

camo

With enough work almost any blade can be put back into service lol.

7v4h9h4y3bc21.jpg

That one though....wow. I'm not even sure it would suffice as a bread knife lol.

Bought a GEM off an ebay vendor that specifically indicated it was shave ready. It didn't hold the blade, so I returned it. Ended up picking up a great Damaskeene on this forum! Much prefer to buy from real enthusiasts.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I wonder what kind of self respect such a person can have.
I agree completely. This dealer is taking advantage of those who do not know the value of what they are buying. Likewise I sometimes sadly read here of members paying for example $20 for a double ring from those who do not know the value of what they are selling. I have the same low opinion of both of them yet they seem to he regarded differently by many.

Top Bottom