What's new

The great 3D Printing thread

So has anyone designed one of the injector cases like I mentioned before ???
One of these...
View attachment 1501349
I made a box for my Henson Razor not sure if it would fit an injector (I don't have one to see). The box was a little to tall and the razor rattled around too much. We are packing for a move but I
will look to see if I kept the STL. I just used PLA filament for the hinge pins. Quick and dirty design.
Henson Box.jpg

I made a box for my Henson Razor not sure if it would fit an injector (I don't have one to see). The box was a little to tall and the razor rattled around too much. We are packing for a move but I
will look to see if I kept the STL. I just used PLA filament for the hinge pins. Quick and dirty design.View attachment 1505614
Sorry I just saw this post. That would be great if you can find the stl file. I will try it out if you do once we get the house fixed and we can get back to it from the hotel and I can set my printer back up... Thank you for the reply I appreciate it a lot.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The idea for the pipe rack came from the Sherlock Holmes collections that Peterson Pipes produced.
I was able to find the Classic Collection pipe rack, but could not find a "Return of Sherlock Holmes" collection rack. So based on photos, I generated the pipe rack below, and have included pics of how they look in reality.

The model
Image1.png

The Actual purchased rack on the left, the Return Rack I printed on the right.
20220803_062506.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have a 1985 Peterson Mark Twain pipe and the new Peterson 2022 Pipe of the Year, which is also a Mark Twain edition (the 14B). I needed a nice pape rack for the two, so I generated this rack up and printed it.
Still painting it, so no real pics yet.

View attachment 1508502
I printed this up and painted it before test fitting the pipes. Bad move. The 14B Peterson pipe has a much longer spread from end of bowl to back of stem, so this has to be totally redone to accommodate the length of the pipe itself.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I was impressed with the Peterson Tobacco Urn in the 1946 Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes film "Dressed to Kill"

Jar.jpg

So I decided I needed to make one for myself. Design below. It's still printing (32 hour print job) so I'll post real pics when it's done. Though the original looks to be about 2 foot tall, the best I can do is 11 inches, max capacity of my printer.

Image1.jpg

will look to see if I kept the STL. I just used PLA filament for the hinge pins. Quick and dirty design.View attachment 1505614
Just let me know Please if you find the stl file Please And Thank You....

Do I need any special software to start 3d printing. My library will do free printing if I send them an STL file. I'm trying to recreate a Schick repeating magazine razor blade holder.20220917_214105.jpg20220917_214512.jpg20220917_214502.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Any CAD software that can export STL files will do. If you are just starting out with 3d design, Tinkercad is a good start.
I’ve been doing 3D printing since it first started, and I still use Tinkercad for many designs. It is super easy but still quite effective. It’s like,the Gillette Tech of CAD tools. 😎🤓🤓

Forum member @Rayotech posted a picture of an Art-Deco-style blade bank, and I found it so cool, I just had to give it a shot at recreating it. I designed it with a removable cover, and therefore, this blade bank can be reused. It can be 3d printed with FDM or SLA printers. The files can be downloaded from my Thingiverse page.
Blade Bank Screenshot.jpg

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Forum member @Rayotech posted a picture of an Art-Deco-style blade bank, and I found it so cool, I just had to give it a shot at recreating it. I designed it with a removable cover, and therefore, this blade bank can be reused. It can be 3d printed with FDM or SLA printers. The files can be downloaded from my Thingiverse page.
View attachment 1539512
If you didn't post it... I was going to... that's the reason I clicked on this thread... Such a nice design.

Last edited:
Top Bottom