What's new

The great 3D Printing thread

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Phil's (@luvmysuper ) Blade Bank showed up the other day... his photos are better but here's living proof that it is alive and well at our place:

RE_BladeBank2.jpg

And it a more natural setting:

RERazorBankNat.jpg

Edit: I neglected to reference @SlimGem 's design program on this thread.... Thanks to Phil for mentioning it. I did include it in the Vintage Blade Bank thread: Let's see those vintage blade banks. - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/lets-see-those-vintage-blade-banks.630830/page-2#post-11988843

Thanks so much, Phil!!!!

Last edited:
The files for the 3d printed straight razor stand are available for download on my Thingiverse page.
20221031_200738.jpg

20221031_200829.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
The files for the 3d printed straight razor stand are available for download on my Thingiverse page.
View attachment 1549473
View attachment 1549474
Roger, that is a great idea for a straight razor holder, did you install a bearing in the base to make it swivel freely? Never seen one that nice & practical before.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Advent Calendar for small items.

Image1.png

Image2.png

Image3.png

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Here's a wall plate. I made 4 versions. Two have an embossed "Blade Disposal" and two do not.
One of each has screw holes, and one of each does not. This is lightweight plastic and doesn't really need screws to hold it, it can be glued.
I did four versions, because depending on the quality of the print job, the lettering may or may not come out right.
Your 3D printer guy should be able to scale these as you need, I made the individual plate 3 inches wide.

The stl file is attached to this post as a zip file.

Image1.jpg

Attachments

• DE blade.zip
    909.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Haven't seen any discussion of remote operations. I bought a Beagle Cam for my Ender. Works great, no running an SD card back and forth. Can monitor the print anywhere I have internet. And takes time lapse video too.

When PI prices come back down I may swith to Octo Print, more control and options.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Advent Calendar for small items.

View attachment 1553074
View attachment 1553075
View attachment 1553076
Just now seeing this. Excellent idea.

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
Has anybody tried printing this 3D DE razor model?

The design looks interesting and I would like to know if it works well.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Has anybody tried printing this 3D DE razor model?

The design looks interesting and I would like to know if it works well.
There are several guys in this thread that have designed and/or printed razors.
I have too many metal ones that I spent money on to print one, but it seems viable based on what the fellows who have done it have said.

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
There are several guys in this thread that have designed and/or printed razors.
I have too many metal ones that I spent money on to print one, but it seems viable based on what the fellows who have done it have said.
Honestly, I have plenty of metal razors as well, but my son works at the library which has 3D printers and he wanted to try making me one for my birthday. Who am I to turn down a free razor? :)

For those who don't own a 3D printer but would like to try 3D printing, check with your local library and they may have such equipment available for library patrons usage.

Last edited:
Honestly, I have plenty of metal razors as well, but my son works at the library which has 3D printers and he wanted to try making me one for my birthday. Who am I to turn down a free razor? :)

For those who don't own a 3D printer but would like to try 3D printing, check with your local library and they may have such equipment available for library patrons usage.
That's very nice of your son to do that for you...It sounds like you raised a good one.. Also of note about printers though , if anyone wants to just go ahead and get a printer of their own , look at the Geeetech printers . I have the Geeetech A20 printer which is a single extruder but they make various models though including some that are capable of multicolor utilizing multiple extruders and they are very reasonable in price. I paid about 250 dollars for mine and that was a few years ago ... They are pretty good printers with a nice sized build plate 250x250x250 which is or was considered a very large size for home printing... They are capable of using the automatic leveling devices , they have heated beds and can you use PLA or ABS or PETG or various other types of filament.. I would recommend buying a full roll of filament with it when you first purchase it. I typically use a milky white Zytec filament because being a neutral color it's paintable and just looks clean.. You can buy extra packs of extruder tips too so you can have spares for when your initial one starts to wear out. The extruder tips by the way are cheaper when bought as multipacks and you can buy various different sizes and material that they're made out of for different uses. Some work better for the metal infused filament and some work better for the wood or whatever it may be infused with.

Untitled-1-2.jpg

Had actually seen guy doing Razor Case, it was slow process.

It is his hobby business, could not make much off slow process.

Cases were nice, but wait was long.

Top Bottom