The great 3D Printing thread

8.26.23 SOTD
Soap: TABAC
Brush: 3D Printed Simpson Alexander Trafalgar Synthetic
Razor: 3D Printed
Blade: Schick Injector
Aftershave: TABAC
20230825_142457.jpg

I had a great shave this evening with my Gold Tone Fat Handle G Tech and a combination OC SB 3D printed base plate. The plates are modified from my earlier design, and right now they're closer to medium aggression, so, I'll keep tweaking them for a slightly more aggressive feel. It was a fun shave. The 1st pass was with the OC and 2nd pass was with the SB.
20230924_183611.jpg

20230924_183714.jpg

20230924_184032.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-24 181010.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-24 181536.jpg

@SlimGem

You are making great razors. I hope I find a 3d printer locally.

I have one question please. How difficult is to clone a razor? I mean reproducing it exactly?

@SlimGem

You are making great razors. I hope I find a 3d printer locally.

I have one question please. How difficult is to clone a razor? I mean reproducing it exactly?
Thanks!

In the manufacturing world, I don't think it is difficult to reproduce any razor, and it seems to be happening more often nowadays. For someone like myself, it really depends on the complexity of the design.

This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. It is a conversion kit for turning the Fat Handle Gillette Tech into a Semi-adjustable Tech. The three 3D-printed anvils have different levels of efficiency, and a short cylindrical cavity with a cone-shaped bottom for self-centering when assembling. The hollow handle and the way the blade is clamped, causes the razor to provide clear audible feedback. Also, the anvils are marked with one, two, or three dimples which note the efficiency level. I'm hoping to have this project finished and available for download soon.

20231011_134307.jpg

20231011_134437.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-11 135809.jpg

Pardon the intrusion, I am just looking for a recommendation. I would like to test my ability with 3D modeling, before even thinking about buying a printer. Would Blender or any other free software for Mac mentioned here be a good way to start?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Pardon the intrusion, I am just looking for a recommendation. I would like to test my ability with 3D modeling, before even thinking about buying a printer. Would Blender or any other free software for Mac mentioned here be a good way to start?
I like Tinkercad for simple stuff. Its online. You run it in a browser. It lacks serious features, but the models I make with it print very well. Its a really good place to start. And its free.

I am just playing with Tinkercad. I am not planning on printing anything for the time being, but I have a question for when I decide I am ready to do it.
Would a printer be able to print details like the ones in this picture?
I am referring to the shape, not the colors, I am wondering about the transition from vertical to horizontal.

Copy of Copy of Brush Handle-6.jpeg

Copy of Copy of Brush Handle-7.jpeg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I am just playing with Tinkercad. I am not planning on printing anything for the time being, but I have a question for when I decide I am ready to do it.
Would a printer be able to print details like the ones in this picture?
I am referring to the shape, not the colors, I am wondering about the transition from vertical to horizontal.

View attachment 1779532

View attachment 1779534
Yes, depending on the quality of your printer, and the total projection from vertical.
Less projection, lower layer depth, and a good printer can minimize fuzziness at unsupported horizontal prints.
You can include supports to help, but that means post print processing and clean up.

Top Bottom