What's new

3D Printed DE, Toy or Tool?

My son is a 3D printer geek and we have been discussing whether a 3D printed razor is a good idea. I found this on eBay and thought, quit disagreeing, test it (he is not a razor geek so I wasn't keen to have him design one to tryout on my face.. ). So I ordered it and here it is.

Not expecting much I just did a quick prep, loaded the Seikan (Feather's carbon blade I'm testing) with 3 shaves on it (another story) and use the 0.40 mm gap OC plate (it came with both SB and OC plates in 0.40, 0.60, and 0.80. BTW, they're not really OC). Then my Poraso quick and dirty, three pass including head top. No touch up. Just get it done.

Damn. I heard a little noise but I really thought it was just snapping the whiskers. Didn't feel like the blade was doing anything... till I rinsed and felt nothing. DFS+ and only residual in my neck problem areas I usually touch up. Even Dr. Alum approved.

I don't know what to think. I need to systematically test it rather than this cavalier attempt to prove my son wrong.

My only complaint right now is stiction in the screw and handle ( frog lube repair), also head and plate stiction. Well, I have another complaint. It looks like it will prove to have lots of utility... there was no soul in the shave... could have been my attitude going in... but it was a DFS coming out.

Attachments

• 20240202_222046.jpg
    20240202_222046.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Maybe print it in an interesting color to give it a little life?

Glad to hear it was a good shaver, though.
I think it's my bias and color wouldn'thelp that. It just felt morally and esthetically wrong. Highly utilitarian though. Good shave. Could probably through it against the wall and not hurt it. Gecko level grip. Super easy clean. Won't rust. Probably won't stain. Minimal likely wear (PLA+ filament, the titanium of 3d printing).

Top Bottom