What's new

Safety Razor Stand ( 3d printed )

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
@SlimGem , Is it possible to print the Swan Razor Stand in a clear resin.... I don't know what it looks like as the 3D printer adds material...... I know you can see the grain sometimes in stuff I've had printed.... but do you have any idea what the Swan would look like in clear?

The reason I'm asking is I've been trying to find a stand for my Athena razors... so they can live outside of their boxes every so often. The handle is a bit of a challenge, but your Swan would work perfectly, I think. I have my heart set on something clear. I'd love a poured clear resin razor stand, but I have no idea how to find someone who would make one or even if it would be worth the investment if I did.

@SlimGem , Is it possible to print the Swan Razor Stand in a clear resin.... I don't know what it looks like as the 3D printer adds material...... I know you can see the grain sometimes in stuff I've had printed.... but do you have any idea what the Swan would look like in clear?

The reason I'm asking is I've been trying to find a stand for my Athena razors... so they can live outside of their boxes every so often. The handle is a bit of a challenge, but your Swan would work perfectly, I think. I have my heart set on something clear. I'd love a poured clear resin razor stand, but I have no idea how to find someone who would make one or even if it would be worth the investment if I did.
Yes, It prints very well in resin. Resin comes in many colors including translucents. Clear resin can be a hit-or-miss depending on the design. Sometimes it takes on a cloudy or yellowish color if the parts have thick sections that need more curing time than others. The attached picture is of a swan stand printed in translucent red.
20240202_001344~2.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Yes, It prints very well in resin. Resin comes in many colors including translucents. Clear resin can be a hit-or-miss depending on the design. Sometimes it takes on a cloudy or yellowish color if the parts have thick sections that need more curing time than others. The attached picture is of a swan stand printed in translucent red.View attachment 1795421
The translucent red looks wonderful with your red tip... perfect.

It looks like the design would also lend itself to a multi razor stand, say a max of 6, fairly easily and still look very art deco/nouveau-ish...which it does now.
Lol. I do have a multi-razor variation on file. It's modular, and you can interlock any number of holders you want. I'll post a picture when I get home.

It looks like the design would also lend itself to a multi razor stand, say a max of 6, fairly easily and still look very art deco/nouveau-ish...which it does now.
Here are some pictures of my early variations, but I left the idea alone since I never got around to testing the dovetail joints. With this setup, you only print the pieces needed for any number of razors.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 202428.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-01 202331.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-01 202618.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-01 202745.jpg

Top Bottom