What's new

The great 3D Printing thread

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I wish someone would come with a 3d shavette design.
Screenshot_20220506-144427_DuckDuckGo.jpg

If anyone is interested, I threw together a design to hold a five pack of DE razor blades based on a request from someone elsewhere. This is a quick, easy print that doesn't use much material. Hopefully someone can use it.

Happy printing and enjoy!

Something new but similar to the other things I have been playing around with. I just ordered a Yaqi head that is on the slow boat over, but realized I only have one M5 handle which belongs to my original RazoRock Hawk. I guess you could say I typically prefer my vintage razors.

After playing around a bit, I have gotten really good results printing with internal M5 threads in PLA. All I have had to do is chase the threads with an M5 screw and my power driver with a little soap on the screw for some initial lubrication.

I'm not sure these will last as long as their metal counterparts, but they are super solid feeling at the cost of a little weight. If in a pinch, these should work out nicely. And if I do like my new head, I can certainly buy a new handle for it. But for now, it is kind of fun to use something that I designed and printed myself.

M5 Handles.jpg

As always, if there is interest in these, let me know and I can share the files. I may load these to Thingiverse eventually anyway once I am done tinkering. But as much fun as I had tinkering with handles for SlimGem's Triceratops (which I still love), these have a little wider appeal since they will fit most any newer razor with M5 threading.

So having had a little bit of time the last few days, I finally got the time to tackle something else I had on my list. To make interchangeable handles for SlimGem's excellent End Gem razor. Not that the included handle isn't great (it is and is unlike just about anything else). However after spending a bunch of time making handles for the Triceratops, I have a quite a few handles sitting around. And for me, the two dot End Gem head has been shaving better than anything else for me.

So may I introduce the End Gem head with the hole pattern to accept the Triceratops style handle.

Endgem Handles.jpg

These are working quite nicely for me and satisfies my need to tinker and swap handles when the mood strikes. At last count, I have seven different styles of handles printed that fit. As my wife likes to point out, yes I may be crazy about certain things.

If anyone is interested, I threw together a design to hold a five pack of DE razor blades based on a request from someone elsewhere. This is a quick, easy print that doesn't use much material. Hopefully someone can use it.

Happy printing and enjoy!
Again , Thank you for doing that for me... I appreciate it a lot. I have Not been able to get it printed yet though due to the fact that I had to 3d print a model of Neuschwanstein Castle for my oldest son first....
noBG neuschwanstein1.jpg

I am going to get it printed though...

Something new but similar to the other things I have been playing around with. I just ordered a Yaqi head that is on the slow boat over, but realized I only have one M5 handle which belongs to my original RazoRock Hawk. I guess you could say I typically prefer my vintage razors.

After playing around a bit, I have gotten really good results printing with internal M5 threads in PLA. All I have had to do is chase the threads with an M5 screw and my power driver with a little soap on the screw for some initial lubrication.

I'm not sure these will last as long as their metal counterparts, but they are super solid feeling at the cost of a little weight. If in a pinch, these should work out nicely. And if I do like my new head, I can certainly buy a new handle for it. But for now, it is kind of fun to use something that I designed and printed myself.

View attachment 1459180

As always, if there is interest in these, let me know and I can share the files. I may load these to Thingiverse eventually anyway once I am done tinkering. But as much fun as I had tinkering with handles for SlimGem's Triceratops (which I still love), these have a little wider appeal since they will fit most any newer razor with M5 threading.
I would def be interested in one of those handles also if / when you upload them....

I'm curious if anyone has made a stl for one of these cases for a Schick injector razor.. I think there are quite a few of us that could use to make a case for our injector razors ..

1caseinj.jpg

This would fit "most" of the razors, and with some minor "tweaks" it could be altered for the ones with longer handles...

I'll work on uploading them later. I have quite a few of the SlimGem style handles that will fit the stock Triceratops razor he uploaded and the modified EndGem (my personal favorite).

I've also created internally threaded M5 threads to fit conventional heads that seem to be working pretty well with a few razors I have.

I'll drop some links once I get them uploaded.

For anyone interested, here are links to my handle designs.

More thanks go to SlimGem for his great head designs.

I'm trying to find if someone has made a 3D printed schick magazine holder for a type a, b, c. I haven't been able to find anything online yet. I bought two type C's and both of them were missing the blade magazine. I thought 'man it would be cool if I could make one' then I remembered this thread.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Over the past few days I've been playing around with handle designs a lot. I finally figured out the Triceratops thread pattern after some trial and error and have arrived at the following designs. Most have influences from things I've seen, a few are just things I wanted to try out for both modeling and print settings experience.

The Fatty
View attachment 1446053

The Bumpy Handle
View attachment 1446054

The Long Knurly Handle
View attachment 1446055

The Medium Knurled Handle
View attachment 1446058

The Stripey Handle
View attachment 1446059

And the Super Mixmaster 5000 Handle
View attachment 1446060

It's been fun playing around with these designs and they all offer their own benefits. Some have been very challenging to print which was a good lesson itself.

If anyone is interested in any of these, let me know and I can get files over. Not sure there is enough interested to bother dealing with Thingiverse for these but I'd love to give these to all who want them.
I have an idea (yes it hurt)

make a handle with a removable cap or similar on the bottom and a piece of stiff but able to be cut rod or foam. The user could then dial in preferred weight and balance with BB's or sand or whatever by loading the space and cutting the foam or rod to fit the gap. head or tail heavy depending on where you load.

Probably already been done but it popped in my head

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have an idea (yes it hurt)

make a handle with a removable cap or similar on the bottom and a piece of stiff but able to be cut rod or foam. The user could then dial in preferred weight and balance with BB's or sand or whatever by loading the space and cutting the foam or rod to fit the gap. head or tail heavy depending on where you load.

Probably already been done but it popped in my head
Ingenious my friend!

Top Bottom