What's new

Strong Leopard Shavette With Antelope Blades

I am sorry if I am ruining this thread but this one has the best responses on Chinese shavettes types.

My next question. Has anyone found a DE shavette with blade corners protected like the Vanta shavette in aliexpress ? If yes, can you post a link please?

Yeah! On the strength of last night's shave I just ordered another 100 of the Jishi full size blades for £6.06 :)
I didn't know shaving could be this good!!
Tonight's shave was equally amazing - shave #2 on that edge was smoother presumably because my face has now stropped the blade and equally as unbelievably sharp.
I like aggressive shaves and I really got the impression tonight that this heavy razor with supersharp blade demands a lot of respect.
It's not an exaggeration to say that this is in the Feather Artist Club league of efficiency, and the Strong Leopard 77-A is also very cool but in a totally different way to the Feathers:
View attachment 809545
Where did you get it? I'd really like to try it !

The best barber shave I ever had was in the middle of the Himalaya with one of those flimsy 99p hair shaper jobs and some mystic ayurvedic green goo soap (which turned out to be Palmolive, it's always bleedin' Palmolive). Attempts to recreat said shave have failed.

Hum, just found that thread about my favorite Shavette. For me it’s been few months now that I shave whit it and I have no complains about it, to me it’s probably the closest you can get VS a traditional straight. A blade gave me about 14 shaves(7 on each side) and of course I don’t shave whit it everyday but it’s in my shaving rotation. Just my 2 cents on it, it makes a very good alternative for a person who whant to try straight shaving at low cost. Gino

I should have not read this thread. :d
Honestly I am not ready to shave with it. But yes I have a shavette and I will try it after some months.

IMG_20180307_140935.jpg

I should have not read this thread. :d
Honestly I am not ready to shave with it. But yes I have a shavette and I will try it after some months.
That's the exact shavette that I got, blue cello and all. I really really like it, and bought two spares. Unfortunately I received a slightly different version - not a wide. Still a good shavette though, but I prefer the one you have.

Well, I am doing a very short description. I tried this shavette today out of curiosity. Blame @rudyt for this.

A blade on the hands of a true beginner. The result: 3-4 nicks and one deep cut due to a stupid way of keeping the razor. I hope it will not leave a scar. Only a pass WTG. Not an uniform shave. A wonderful post shave skin feeling. A WTG with a shavette is like 2 passes with a DE razor.

It was not in my plans to start learning the shavette, but guys I truly enjoyed it!!!

3-4 nicks and one deep cut due to a stupid way of keeping the razor. I hope it will not leave a scar.
Yikes! Remember to stretch the skin, always be mindful of where the entire length of the blade is, and don't adjust your grip while the blade is next to the skin. Pretty obvious stuff, but it's easy to forget for a moment--and sometimes a moment is a moment too long. :001_rolle

I have 9 shaves on my plastic shavette that uses the antelope blade. I haven't mastered the technique yet and I am paying the learning process in cuts and blood.

But I am really impressed how long an antelope blade last. I have used only 1 side of the blade for 9 times and there is still life in it.

Getting 18-20 shaves out of a blade is a good number. If I master the shavette technique, the next step would be getting a box of 100 blades. Really impressive cost efficiency.

I use the super blade type and they cut a loooot. :)

Top Bottom