What's new

60mm long-bladed shavettes and blades

Hi guys, I saw a few of these on this forum and aliexpress, primarily (I think) hair shaping razors which use special longer blades. These are overall similar in size and utility to the feather AC blades but way cheaper. I bought this razor with a box of 10 'antelope' blades for $4 from aliexpress,
1 set Men Straight Barber edge 77 Razors Folding Shaving Knife Hair Removal Tools With 10pcs Blades -in Razor from Beauty & Health on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group ,
with the intention of upgrading it if I like the format, with 10 double sided blades expected to last me until the replacements arrive:

Turns out I do like the format! The razor itself though is kinda cheap with the protective film being applied before the razor was pinned (so there's some film stuck inside the hinge making it very tight) and the plastic insert is a real pain to load, with hairs falling in the gap making it difficult to clean. In terms of shaving with them, absolutely no issue, simply a more comfortable version of a typical shavette.

So if I'm intending to upgrade the razor and buy some more blades, any recommendations for which to get? I've seen the Strong Leopard 77-A and I'm not particularly sold on them, since I have a similar looking shavette for DE blades and I hate the weight, fit and finish and balance of that one. As for the blades, the blue antelope ones seem great but I have no points of reference for comparison. I'm going to buy 100+ blades so I'd like that choice to be well informed. I don't know the search terms that would net me results on websites in order to actually find better quality options

I ordered the same razor from the same dealer and got it yesterday. Mine is white and has no writing on the "scales". Same film problem.

Unfortunately mine came with a partially melted plastic blade holder, so it's not really flat. I've asked them to send me another.

Consider getting a vintage Weck Sextoblade if you like a long bladed shavette. It uses stiffer standard hair shaper blades and is a wonderful shaver.

Unfortunately mine came with a partially melted plastic blade holder, so it's not really flat. I've asked them to send me another.
Consider getting a vintage Weck Sextoblade if you like a long bladed shavette. It uses stiffer standard hair shaper blades and is a wonderful shaver.
Good luck with replacement, I feel like there's a good chance that won't happen from chinese sellers. It's a good shaver and mine functions great, it just feels like a toy. I'll keep an eye out for the weck sextoblade, I've looked in the past and they don't really seem to exist in the UK.

Good luck with replacement, I feel like there's a good chance that won't happen from chinese sellers.
Haha - you're right. They just responded saying "Thanks you for your provided evidence for us, but that we can't make sure the product in your picture are belong to seller's.". Live and learn.

First shave with the long awaited Antelope 77 shavette. Despite the melted blade holder I wrote about yesterday, I managed to coaxit back into shape so the three blade holes align with the holder.

I won't bore you with details; the shave was not what I expected. It was smooth, really smooth, and surprisingly safe and intuitive. At no time did I feel like I was about to cut my face like I do with the unguarded Wecks. I'd even go as far as to say this is the best shavette for someone who's transitioning from DE shaving. At the $3 price point (including 20 blades) I'll probably get myself another because it's really cheaply made and may not survive a very long time.
proxy.php

Yep they seem like a great system - hopefully some better quality shavettes that accepts these are available

Top Bottom