What's new

Strong Leopard Shavette With Antelope Blades

77C87AE0-FD48-437A-A516-C58F916E1E8E.jpeg
I bought that Kamisori style shavette from AlieExpress
here is the video shaving whit it.

Thanks for the video.
So what's your opinion on the quality of the blades compared to original, and the mechanical quality of the razor (locking/materials/etc).

Also can the blades you bought be installed on say CJB clone?

bought that Kamisori style shavette from AlieExpress
here is the video shaving whit it.

I ended up trying this style of shavettes after reading about them here and on reddit. They feel quite different from both DE shavettes and feather artist club shavettes. My preference is Artist Club > Chinese super 77 > DE shavettes. The blades are thinner than artist club but thicker than DEs and have rounded corners. QC is a hit or miss though - I ordered 2 strong leopard style XYP razors from Aliexpress and both had serious problems with blade alignment. Also since both the razors and blades are so hard to find, I don't think they are a great everyday solution but are still nice to have for occasional use. As usual YMMV

Attachments

• IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 29
DSC_0588-01.jpeg

DSC_0591.JPG

I tried Strong Leopard today and I was shocked by its performance. I am usually a user of Feather SS, Strong Leopard is very close to 7/8" wide and has no SS lips, it is closer to a straight razor.
Since its blade is as soft as the DE blade, and the blade is exposed more than the DE shavette, the tip of the blade can be slightly bent, flat Strong Leopard on the face, it is very forgiving.
Unlike the general lightweight shavette, the extra weight of Strong Leopard can help shave, I even think it is easier to use than Feather SS.
Its build quality is not excellent, but the shave effect is really good. If the cost is considered, Strong Leopard is the winner of shavettes.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 1238118
View attachment 1238119

I tried Strong Leopard today and I was shocked by its performance. I am usually a user of Feather SS, Strong Leopard is very close to 7/8" wide and has no SS lips, it is closer to a straight razor.
Since its blade is as soft as the DE blade, and the blade is exposed more than the DE shavette, the tip of the blade can be slightly bent, flat Strong Leopard on the face, it is very forgiving.
Unlike the general lightweight shavette, the extra weight of Strong Leopard can help shave, I even think it is easier to use than Feather SS.
Its build quality is not excellent, but the shave effect is really good. If the cost is considered, Strong Leopard is the winner of shavettes.
Until I stumbled upon this thread I never knew these existed! Off to do interwebs research....

View attachment 1238118
View attachment 1238119

Hey do you have a link for this razor? I can only find the XYP branded ones on aliexpress

I couldn't find anything like this on the 'Bay.... Off to visit the river in South America!
Its unlikely that you will find these on Amazon or Ebay. These are mostly sold on Aliexpress. I did see them once on amazon, but they only had 4-5 pieces and didn't restock them once they ran out

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Its unlikely that you will find these on Amazon or Ebay. These are mostly sold on Aliexpress. I did see them once on amazon, but they only had 4-5 pieces and didn't restock them once they ran out
You are correct! Sad really. Looks like an extremely inexpensive shave, since it appears to be a double sided blade!

Top Bottom