What's new

Steep Angle Shavers Alliance

From my experience steep angle is best. The blade doesn't get deep in the face like a shallow angle, the bar stops it. I shave once or twice a day and when I go steep there is no razor burn BBS. When I go shallow half an hour after the shave my face turns into Weepercity. I can go shallow but not everyday. Steep - no problem. That said steep means having the bar on the face at all times but without pressuring the bar till you get feedback but slightly tilting the razor till you get the feedback ( turning it a little bit down when shaving ATG ).

Thanks!! I started realizing I belonged here as I realized safety bar characteristics were way "up there" regarding what was important to me. . . . and I have been realizing that while I don't use a lot of pressure, I do "utilize" pressure to fine tune the shave. Sounds SASA to me.

It does! Welcome!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Thanks!! I started realizing I belonged here as I realized safety bar characteristics were way "up there" regarding what was important to me. . . . and I have been realizing that while I don't use a lot of pressure, I do "utilize" pressure to fine tune the shave. Sounds SASA to me.
Welcome to the steep side Elvis Outlander! Please feel free to add SASA to your signature line. That will make it official and you can wear the badge with pride. :letterk1: :punk:

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Welcome to the steep side Music! Please feel free to add SASA to your signature line. That will make it official and you can wear the badge with pride. We are a fringe group who have elicited such comments as:
"What about the shaving while standing on your head naked in the corner and sucking Jello through your nose" alliance? It's counter intuitive but we are gaining ground, and it is scientifically sound. :punk:

Last edited:
Apr 21: R41 and SASA

Lather:
La Toja Crema de Afeitar in a tub
Brush: Semogue IB 2012 LE boar (22/50mm)
Razor: Muhle R41 2013 "The Gentle BEAST"
Blade: Treet Platinum Super Stainless [41]
Balm: Proraso White Crema Liquida Dopobarba

I wanted to test the dull blade with the hyper-aggressive R41 and in a nutshell, the blade performed fine.

I shaved the right side of my face as I normally do, at a steep angle, and the left side at a super shallow angle. Results were pretty much the same on both sides, but the steep side was much faster. I can shave with reckless abandon steeply because I control how much blade is exposed to skin, and I'll never cut myself. Shaving shallow, I don't have this control because the guard isn't guarding, so it's less forgiving and easier to nick yourself.

The R41 is the antimatter version of the oval-slot Gillette Tech. It works at any angle and let's you take control, while the Tech constrains you to a very narrow angle. When you hit and maintain that angle, you're rewarded with a brilliant shave, and when you're off, it's a butter knife.

Count me in as a member! From Old Type to Mamba, posters say, “gotta ride the cap for this one blah blah blah.” I find my whiskers stop a shallow angle in its tracks every time. A fresh Feather and riding the comb/bar lets me cruise effortlessly.

Top Bottom