What's new

Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants!

Friday - Sunday: Merkur 37C / Gillette Nacet #12-#14, Mitchells Wool Fat and Lijun 24mm badger brush. Well that was September so it has to be an open comb for October.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
upload_2018-9-30_15-16-39.png

upload_2018-9-30_15-6-21.jpeg

It has been very educational to see all the slants. Some, because they are new to me. Others, because it's good to see others enjoying razors I enjoy.

9-30-18.Cella.Stealth.MS.640.JPG

I finished Slantember today with the RR SS Stealth.

I have no idea which razor I now like the best because I like all four of the slants I used this month. None impressed me a as a perfect daily driver for my needs, but all impressed me in their own way.

Slants FourSlants.4Slants.MySlants.9-18.640.jpg

Here are my impressions from this month.
  • The ATT S2 is the most efficient, but also a bit harsh. Still, it is a terrific razor.
  • The PBOCS gained the most ground. It's not S2 efficient but it's close, and it's smoother. I like it a lot.
  • The X3 might be a good razor. It's deceptively prone to bite me though. Perhaps with more practice...
  • The RR Stealth is very smooth. Very smooth. More efficient than you might think but not in the league with the others in efficiency.

All are very good razors for me. Also, I really like slants so this was an enjoyable month. I hope it was for everyone participating. Thank you all for joining in with me. It was much more fun because of you.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Farewell Slantember

4A6EA636-1354-4FE5-A148-6D275965E962.jpeg

Utilitarian afternoon shave - CCS

German 37 head w/ excellent PAA brass/nickel handle
Derby Extra
ARKO stick and boar bristle face lather
Cool and showery fall day

Stubble pruned, roses next. Thanks to all for Slantember images and info.

By By Slantember, Will have to decide what razor to use tomorrow. Maybe one of my Vintage Gillette's, or will I again use my vintage Hoffritz slant still again. Decisions, Decisions. Either way it will be an enjoyable shave. Enjoyed everyone's pics., I've not heard of most of these razors, it was very educational. I didn't realize how many there were. Until next Slantember. Happy shaves...

Slantember 30

RR Wunderbar – ending Slantember with my favorite slant razor paired with a titanium bamboo handle that looks more like real bamboo than the ones that RR and ATT sells. There is not much I can say about this razor other than it is the smoothest and most effortless shaver I have. It is one of the few razors that can give me a one pass plus touch up DFS. Tonight I went for a two pass BBS.

30.JPG

Top Bottom