What's new

Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants!

Please post a photo of your RR PS
I posted at #140.

upload_2018-9-6_17-19-34-png.910382

I'm loving my recently purchased RR German 37 slant. It only cost about $20 and comes with a stainless steel handle. Also, it is very efficient without feeling harsh or scraping my skin like the Muhle R41.

I figured I would join slantember today. I used my wunderbar of which I love. I did a 2 1/2 pass shave and I was 95% bbs. I had a great shave.
Set up
Wunderbar
Kai (2)
WK Pompelmo
WW Julie blackwolf
Lucky Tiger
Fine Platinum
20180908_224402.jpg

Happy shaves
SMURF

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I'm loving my recently purchased RR German 37 slant. It only cost about $20 and comes with a stainless steel handle. Also, it is very efficient without feeling harsh or scraping my skin like the Muhle R41.

+1 -- couldn't agree more!

Started the second week of Slantember with a fresh Astra SP blade in my 37C, nice lather from Haslinger Meeresalgen, and follow-up with Nivea Post Shave Balm. Very comfortable DFS, nice start to my week.

Slantember 10

Fasan Double Slant Red Dot razor. This I consider to be the better of the two Fasan slants (the other being the one that PAA cloned). It is definitely more refined and comfortable. It has differential sides for shaving (as indicated by the red dot), however the difference between the two sides is very slight. Still, I start off WTG with the dot, ATG with the other side, and touch up with the dot. Gave me a great two pass plus touch up BBS tonight, as expected.

10.JPG

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Slantember 10

Fasan Double Slant Red Dot razor. This I consider to be the better of the two Fasan slants (the other being the one that PAA cloned). It is definitely more refined and comfortable. It has differential sides for shaving (as indicated by the red dot), however the difference between the two sides is very slight. Still, I start off WTG with the dot, ATG with the other side, and touch up with the dot. Gave me a great two pass plus touch up BBS tonight, as expected.

View attachment 911430

Very nice razor and a great write up on it. They are not so easy to come across. Or, maybe I've not looked enough. Everything shows up now and then.

Happy shaves,

Jim

SOTD20180909 (2).JPG

My shave Sunday:
Hot towels scented with Zum & Go Menthol Bath Salts and Ellia Eucalyptus EO
Witch hazel doctored with Zum & GoMenthol . . ., Ellia Eucalyptus EO, and 365 Everyday Value Vegetable Glycerin.

Prep - CVS brand Noxzema/hot towel/lather/hot towel/Proraso Green Pre-Shave
Razor - Maggard slant w/ ball handle for first WTG pass and third ATG pass
Blade - Dorco Titan [3]
Razor - Gem 1912 for second XTG pass
Blade - Gem Super Stainless [5]
Soap - Proraso Green tub
Brush - Omega S10019 for first and second pass
Brush - Vie-Long 12601 for third pass
Post - AoS Alum, Witch hazel, Blade for Men (CVS) Arctic Blue
Result - BBS

Top Bottom