What's new

September 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Be strong my friend! This is just the algorithm playing tricks on you! Discounts are sometimes offered through eBay if you look at an item more than once and save it for later.

And even if the seller contacted you directly - as you said no unicorn and no grail so there will be another day!

The one you used today looks daunting by the way.

Guido
The big heavy wedges are not as challenging to use as some other types. Now some of the frame backs are quite challenging to hold. In fact if your hand is a bit twitchy or shakey, I think the mass of a wedge is quite helpful to steady things.

You know it might be a different story if it was a different type of razor. I really get into the history of Sheffields, but while I own way too many razors, I have very few that could be described as duplicates. And the heavy Sheffield wedges to me are not as pleasant to use as the big full hollows.

I do have a plan to celebrate the end of the month by buying a specific razor, but it will a type quite different than any in my collection. And if it isn’t there in a week, then so be it.

Well I wouldn't want you to break GRUME - so you don't have to order. I just did it for you (I was already out of GRUME anyway, but hey this is a PIF - so I am only out once :cuppa:). Keep an eye out for the mailman!

My Sunday gift to you, because you have amazing razors and post fantastic pictures. And I like your name!

Guido (the older one of the two :biggrin1:).
Guido!!!

I'm speechless. Boy, I really am.
And that happens nearly never... but I'm sitting here, I'm shaking my head and I'm completly surprised... I have no other words right now than to say "Thank you so much!!!" 🤩

Guido, the speechless one 😀

My brothers I need your support!
Ordinarily I would say you're suffering from the fear of missing out (FOMO), but in this case it seems to more of want versus need since you already have a W&B 7/8 razor in your possession.

I won't tell you what to do but I will tell you the FOMO will pass and you'll most likely feel better for fighting through it.

Good luck with your decision :cool:

Last edited:
Since I shave five times a week only it's fair to assume I'm safe for blade related temptations now... ... until October GRUME 2025 🤪 oh my goodnees 🤩
Well I might be on the Board of Enablers Inc with this post, but I believe this blade deserves more attention / fans. I first bought it by impulse (as I have done with all my blades actually) and from the first shave I was amazed by its smoothness combined with effectiveness. Just glad you liked it too.

And blade related temptations are virtually non existent in my house. I have blades available until I turn 80 😳🤯. But you can never have enough blades I said to the LOTH this morning.

Guido

SOTD #21 & 22
Still In !

After a very long weekend of Volleyball at the HS and University levels, my first opportunity to log in welcomes me so.

Unexpected to receive a wonderful set of birthday wishes - so very much appreciated - Thank you gents !!
  • No Pre-Shave
  • SV 70th (SOTM)
  • Simpson Special - Best
  • Mühle R89
  • Timor (4/5)
  • Kiehl's Blue Astringent
  • Nivea 2 in 1 | Nordost Splash
  • No Post-Shave Balm

Still in and lovely shave this evening. Pre-Shave: Warm face wash
Razor: Rockwell 6C (5)
Brush: FS 3-Band Silvertip
Blade: Personna Platinum
Soap::DRH Arlington soap puck
Post-Shave: Alum Block
SV Felce Aromatica AS Lotion
Castle Forbes 1445 ASB
DRH Arlington Cologne

Wonderful shave tonight. Personna blade behaved itself and as a result zero claret was spilt. Arlington is a beautiful citrusy fern scent that IMO oozes class. Customary BBS result to finish off a good weekend. We’re on the final stretch guys. We scan smell October 🤣🤣. Stay safe all and try not to drop out now 😎😎😎😎

Still in, and we have entered the home straight! Victory awaits, comrades! :)

And I have to say, watching that Heljestrand MK.32 go for only USD112 a couple of hours ago was quite the test of my resolve. To whomever it was that scored that absolute bargain, I salute you! 🖖

Well I might be on the Board of Enablers Inc with this post, but I believe this blade deserves more attention / fans. I first bought it by impulse (as I have done with all my blades actually) and from the first shave I was amazed by its smoothness combined with effectiveness. Just glad you liked it too.
Absolutely!
It's a recommended blade for those who sit in the PermaSharp/BIC Platinum Chrome/Nacet boat.
Sharp, smooth - and lasting. 👍
But you can never have enough blades I said to the LOTH this morning.
You are a brave man! 🤣

Cheers!😜

I have become a big fan of the collaboration with DG and Chatillon Lux. Their Milksteak Base is very very good.
+1.
This base is brilliant.
And the scent on this particular soap is highly enjoyable, too. I'm glad I ordered a tub in good time. Immediately did when I got the sample...
Haven’t checked if it's still available...
Until today, my personal fav is Trismegistus. But others are just as nice... (Opulence, Nightman...).

Top Bottom