What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Hello Peter, I see that your RAD has slowed down and passion for nice razors has also gone away. Just kidding 😂. That is a beautiful razors. I love everything art deco and would love to add a razor that nice to my collection. Congratulations my friend, I'm a bit jealous.

Thanks Mike - it’s been too long my friend! Hope all is well, and thanks for checking in!

This :)
proxy.php

Отправлено с моего RMX2063 через Tapatalk

My white Rotbart Slim Twist is here. Any opinions on the blades? It says platinum and they look in good condition to use.
View attachment 1235488
You must try those blades. I have seen Slim Twists with this handle with 2 and 5 blades, mine was mint with sealed 2 pack too. Safety Razor Acquisition Thread. - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/safety-razor-acquisition-thread.365061/post-10754884 So most probably this 10 pack is not the original that was sold with the razor. The blades should have a year code. I guess the razor doesn't have a code as it is a diamond bottom plate, which was the early variation.
P.S. Just noticed it's a Rotbart and not a Gillette, so of course it came with Rotbart blades originally.

You must try those blades. I have seen Slim Twists with this handle with 2 and 5 blades, mine was mint with sealed 2 pack too. Safety Razor Acquisition Thread. - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/safety-razor-acquisition-thread.365061/post-10754884 So most probably this 10 pack is not the original that was sold with the razor. The blades should have a year code. I guess the razor doesn't have a code as it is a diamond bottom plate, which was the early variation.
@Dalejr already dated them for me R/1971 and they feel great!

The razor is Made in England and has 1 J on the baseplate.

Last edited:
Purchased this razorock hawk v3 from BST here and it came in today! It came with the ATT aluminum black handle and I put the razorock radio knob handle
proxy.php
proxy.php

- Fayiz D.

last week I received my first two techs. they both are french set.
the first one comes with a dark green case and an hollow fat handle while the second one with red case and "standard" fat handle.
20210320_074655.jpg
20210320_074718.jpg
20210320_074820.jpg
20210320_074851.jpg
20210320_074919.jpg

while cleaning the razors I noticed that the hollow handle is heavier than the standard one and I tested them on my lab scale: 32.6 gr vs 23.5 gr (heads have the same weight and handles have equal dimensions). obiously i've a poor knowledge about techs but this was a surprise for me.
ciao,
andy

last week I received my first two techs. they both are french set.
the first one comes with a dark green case and an hollow fat handle while the second one with red case and "standard" fat handle.
View attachment 1239092View attachment 1239093View attachment 1239094View attachment 1239095View attachment 1239096
while cleaning the razors I noticed that the hollow handle is heavier than the standard one and I tested them on my lab scale: 32.6 gr vs 23.5 gr (heads have the same weight and handles have equal dimensions). obiously i've a poor knowledge about techs but this was a surprise for me.
ciao,
andy
Can you detach the head of the hollow Tech? If not it’s a Psycho Tech missing it’s key.

Top Bottom