What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Sadly razor only, but on the other hand one cannot shave with the case.

DCE1468A-1B17-45AA-97BE-8FFC8CFB75FC.jpeg

Between the two world wars the region of Solingen in Germany housed numerous steel/cutlery companies that also made razors. One of these was the Karl Engels company producing the wonderful art deco designed EMIR razors.

This travel set is inbound thanks to the generosity of Jake, our highly regarded fellow in these parts. I begged and pleaded with him for me to take custodianship of this beauty - and I think he could not bear seeing a grown man cry so he kindly accepted :blush::laugh:

It holds a gorgeous razor with a very intriguing dual bar setup. And I must say - rarely have I run this eagerly to the mailbox to check. Enjoy these few fabulous photos and look up the dedicated very interesting thread that Jake wrote with even more photos.

Thanks Jake!

View attachment 1234596View attachment 1234597

Hello Peter, I see that your RAD has slowed down and passion for nice razors has also gone away. Just kidding 😂. That is a beautiful razors. I love everything art deco and would love to add a razor that nice to my collection. Congratulations my friend, I'm a bit jealous.

Sadly razor only, but on the other hand one cannot shave with the case.

View attachment 1235130

Those are regular fatboy instructions? That's one thing I've just never gotten my hands on and I'd love a set one of these days.
I have an Executive in my regular rotation, and it gets the most love of any of my razors. I was lucky enough to find one on the cheap NIB, it was my first case queen...only used it once :) .
D2 Executive.jpeg

Those are regular fatboy instructions? That's one thing I've just never gotten my hands on and I'd love a set one of these days.
I have an Executive in my regular rotation, and it gets the most love of any of my razors. I was lucky enough to find one on the cheap NIB, it was my first case queen...only used it once :) .
View attachment 1235939

I'm not sure if these are the correct instructions for the executive to be honest. Both came in one lot and it did had a case but that whas an incomplete Aristocrat #16.
Reading your reply I can only think that you are in desperate need of another (usergrade) to enjoy more often 😉.

PS great find and stunning condition

I'm not sure if these are the correct instructions for the executive to be honest. Both came in one lot and it did had a case but that whas an incomplete Aristocrat #16.
Reading your reply I can only think that you are in desperate need of another (usergrade) to enjoy more often 😉.

PS great find and stunning condition
Nah, i love my user Executive. It was pristine when i got it 7 years ago, and my first purchase of a vintage razor. Today it's still used a couple times a week, but for some dulling on the end caps it looks new. It was a grainy awful photo on ebay, so dimly lit i was surprised it was gold when it arrived. I thought it was a just dingy Fatboy that I'd clean up, a total score. No bidders, auction ending in minutes, i won with the starting bid of $40.
16157073778448560279957648230512.jpg

16157075023527843309244760976843.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom