What's new

Using a safety razor and shaving soap with a shaving brush and a bowl for the first time

Hello everyone. I am pretty new to this website here on Badger & Blade, so it is my pleasure to meet everyone here.

This night, I finally tried using a safety razor and shaving soap with a brush and a bowl for the first time when my friend gave me all of these for my 19th birthday a few days ago. I am currently 19 years old now, so this is one of the best presents I ever have had for my birthday this year.

Here is a picture of what I have for my really great shaving (the names of the products are below the picture)! 😁:
File_000.png

My safety razor: MISS SHARK (from Amazon)

My shaving bowl: TIMELESS RAZOR shaving bowl

My safety razor blade: Derby Premium

My shaving soap: Viking Revolution

My shaving brush: Parker synthetic shaving brush with a stand

My aftershave: Reuzel aftershave with original scent

Again, it is really nice to meet you all! I am looking forward to continuing on my shaving journey! G'day to you all! ;D

First of all welcome to B&B! We are so excited that you decided to join us. Did you have your first shave? How was it? There are a lot in information here on B&B regarding all aspects of shaving. Also just ask away. We are happy to help a fellow at shave out. Again welcome!
Hello there! I am so pleased and grateful to you for your such kind words here at B&B!

Well, to be honest with you, this isn't my first ever shave (since my first ever shave was actually a Gillette proglide with barbasol aloe vera before I had all of this traditional shaving kit for my birthday), though this IS my first ever using traditional shave today. It was honestly so darn satisfying, especially when I got to lather so well with shaving soap and a shaving brush, as well as getting to smell the scent of shaving soap!

So yeah, this first-ever traditional shave for me was incredibly fantastic. I even actually managed to do so without cutting myself or giving myself a nick. I am very happy to look forward to more into information here on B&B. Tysm for your offer of help, blethenstrom! Greatly appreciated. ;)

Hello there! I am so pleased and grateful to you for your such kind words here at B&B!

Well, to be honest with you, this isn't my first ever shave (since my first ever shave was actually a Gillette proglide with barbasol aloe vera before I had all of this traditional shaving kit for my birthday), though this IS my first ever using traditional shave today. It was honestly so darn satisfying, especially when I got to lather so well with shaving soap and a shaving brush, as well as getting to smell the scent of shaving soap!

So yeah, this first-ever traditional shave for me was incredibly fantastic. I even actually managed to do so without cutting myself or giving myself a nick. I am very happy to look forward to more into information here on B&B. Tysm for your offer of help, blethenstrom! Greatly appreciated. ;)
Oh yes traditional shaving is a completely different experience. It is very relaxing and much less of a chore. Very cool that you managed your first shave without cutting yourself. I was not that fortunate. However, it quickly got a lot better. A couple of pointers for you. Building your technique is key. Building muscle memory is very important. Try to keep things fairly consistent for a period to build your skills.

Sounds like you are well on your way to shaving bliss.

Hi & welcome! That's a very nice and thoughtful gift. Remember, using a lathering bowl is optional. You can build your lather directly on the face. The brush will usually hold enough lather for two or three passes. Face lathering can save time when you're in a hurry. There's less stuff to clean up. Some shaving soaps seem to be better suited to face lathering, too.

Hello everyone. I am pretty new to this website here on Badger & Blade, so it is my pleasure to meet everyone here.

This night, I finally tried using a safety razor and shaving soap with a brush and a bowl for the first time when my friend gave me all of these for my 19th birthday a few days ago. I am currently 19 years old now, so this is one of the best presents I ever have had for my birthday this year.

Welcome to B&B and the right place for you to be.
Lots of good folks here who can help and give advise.

You are very fortunate to start DE shaving at your young age.
One of the best hobby and personal care.

Welcome to the journey!

I used a Schick injector at your age, passed down from my Grandpa, had to have been 1940's vintage since he passed away in 1950. Still have it, only quit using it in the late 1980s because I couldn't find blades any more.

Traditional shaving is vastly better than cartridges -- and cheaper if you can resist trying every razor known to man and every soap and blade made..... You'll be shaving many, many times over a full life, it's great for it to be something enjoyable rather than a dreaded chore.

B&B is a great community, if you have any questions you will get plenty of good help here!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Welcome to the B&B community... I started out borrowing my mother's shaving gear as my dad was an electric razor user. But I was sucked into the Gillette cartridge razors back in 1973... and used them until Feb. of 2022.... I wish I'd stuck with DE razors way back then.... but I'm enjoying wet shaving now... Better late than never. ;)

Welcome to the world of wet shaving and the forum. No nick or blood on the first shave is quite the accomplishment, it surely wasn't that way for me. Congratulations. This forum and its members have a wealth of information and entertainment. It's going to be a good ride.

Top Bottom