What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Meant to post Wednesday when this came in. Timeless SS 0.68 SB. Such a smooth amd efficient razor.
proxy.php
proxy.php

- Fayiz D.

Y2 SS.jpg

I decided to do something I have never done before. I just bought a razor in terrible condition for less than $5. This Y2 Super-Speed (1953) was all black. On some places where the nickel was lost there were green patina spots. I had to put much effort to clean it, but I think it was worth it. The mechanism wasn't smooth at all. Midway you could feel it stuck for a fraction of a second and then it went further before tightening. Now it is all smooth. Gaps are even. A fully functional razor.

View attachment 1242414

I decided to do something I have never done before. I just bought a razor in terrible condition for less than $5. This Y2 Super-Speed (1953) was all black. On some places where the nickel was lost there were green patina spots. I had to put much effort to clean it, but I think it was worth it. The mechanism wasn't smooth at all. Midway you could feel it stuck for a fraction of a second and then it went further before tightening. Now it is all smooth. Gaps are even. A fully functional razor.
Nice work!

What is the soap in the wood bowl?
Dalit goods sandalwood shaving soap - coconut obased. Unfortunately a bit of underwhelming performer IMO - produces quite an airy and fluffy lather - I’ll most likely be using it as bath soap instead and just keep the bowl for some other shaving soap. At least it does smell good - a bit of darker sandalwood scent

Top Bottom