Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Discussion in 'Double Edged Razors' started by BigFoot, Sep 21, 2013.

1. BigFoot

BigFoot Moderator

From now on let's try to post all new acquisitions in this thread. That way everyone will be able to easily find them. :001_tt1: :drool:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  2. alex2363

alex2363 Contributor

OK, I got this Leresche # 77 recently. One of my top faves. $GetAttachment.aspx.jpg

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  3. I had to get one of these Stahlys and found one in like new condition. I've tried the head on a standard handle and it shaves wonderful. I've not had the courage to try the vibration mode yet. There's a funny video on the tube with a kid attempting to shave with a vibrating Stahly and chopping up his face like a weed-wacker through grass!
    $$(KGrHqJ,!rQFIEBjlz-tBSIVN6djug~~60_14.JPG

4. At the flea market yesterday and scored a Gillette new oc, OK condition (going to hit with brasso), the teeth are all straight too; paid 5 bucks for so score! No picture though so I guess it didn't happen? lol.

5. nemo

nemo Moderator Emeritus

Sweet 1954, near perfect 40's style Z-1 Super Speed from a woman in San Francisco. Blades are iffy (correctness), case shows light crazing. Under $15, though!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were some Craftsman blades in the used section.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2017
  6. picked up this stuff at a local auction this weekend. nothing special but only 27 bucks. the parker 51 vacumatic will easily make up for the cost :001_tt2: there is actually a lot more but this is the good stuff. i also had to buy the junk to get to the good stuff lol

Attached Files:

7. Got three wonderful things in the mail today.
    First off...
    $uploadfromtaptalk1379998644677.jpg $uploadfromtaptalk1379998681298.jpg
    My new shaving brush custom made by Wolf Whiskers. I love the thing. It has me written all over it.

Second
    $uploadfromtaptalk1379998862526.jpg
    1951 W3 Gillette black tip

Third
    $uploadfromtaptalk1379998913575.jpg
    1941 Gillette Ranger with aluminum handle.

Attached Files:

8. There have been so many nice score posts lately I thought I might as well get in on the fun. This is my antique market find from last weekend...saw a little plain wooden box sitting closed on a table and opened it up to reveal this (the box ended up being a Wilkinson box actually). Nice surprise! Insta grabbed this bad boy and left a happy man ;)

Happy hunting everyone

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. The Accountant

The Accountant Contributor

Very Nice indeed!

10. Nice find, have you tried shaving yet? It looks as if there might be an alignment issue. There are a handful of threads on here discussing how to easily fix it.

11. I have not tried it yet. I didn't notice anything wrong with my examination of it but i see what you mean in the pic...I'll have to take a closer look tonight thanks! Glad to hear it's easily fixed worst case ;)

12. That's a Sweet find.

13. Jake

Jake Contributor

Excellent score!

14. Not to be nosy, but did you beat this price? Fat Boys and Executives are great shaves btw. Congrats.

Attached Files:

15. Starting to build my collection, and these three razors arrived in the mail today: A Gillette Fatboy, an Adjustable Slim and a NEW.

I am so excited. I wanted to share at least a picture with the gang here!

Cheers,
    Michael

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  16. Bravo! Excellent score there it looks minty. I hope to find one myself and if I do I'm keeping it! Again, well done!

17. WOW! Great start to a very nice collection. That Fat Boy is quite "Minty" if you ask me.

Congrats,

Frank

18. Three of my favorites, nice!

19. Nice start!

20. Very nice. Congrats!!