• Hey Guest. We are currently doing lots and lots of work on the forum software. Please be patient while the kinks are worked out.

Thanks!

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

BigFoot

From now on let's try to post all new acquisitions in this thread. That way everyone will be able to easily find them. :001_tt1: :drool:

Last edited:
I had to get one of these Stahlys and found one in like new condition. I've tried the head on a standard handle and it shaves wonderful. I've not had the courage to try the vibration mode yet. There's a funny video on the tube with a kid attempting to shave with a vibrating Stahly and chopping up his face like a weed-wacker through grass!
$$(KGrHqJ,!rQFIEBjlz-tBSIVN6djug~~60_14.JPG

At the flea market yesterday and scored a Gillette new oc, OK condition (going to hit with brasso), the teeth are all straight too; paid 5 bucks for so score! No picture though so I guess it didn't happen? lol.

nemo

Moderator Emeritus
Sweet 1954, near perfect 40's style Z-1 Super Speed from a woman in San Francisco. Blades are iffy (correctness), case shows light crazing. Under $15, though!

There were some Craftsman blades in the used section.

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up this stuff at a local auction this weekend. nothing special but only 27 bucks. the parker 51 vacumatic will easily make up for the cost :001_tt2: there is actually a lot more but this is the good stuff. i also had to buy the junk to get to the good stuff lol

Attachments

Got three wonderful things in the mail today.
First off...
$uploadfromtaptalk1379998644677.jpg $uploadfromtaptalk1379998681298.jpg
My new shaving brush custom made by Wolf Whiskers. I love the thing. It has me written all over it.

Second
$uploadfromtaptalk1379998862526.jpg
1951 W3 Gillette black tip

Third
$uploadfromtaptalk1379998913575.jpg
1941 Gillette Ranger with aluminum handle.

Attachments

There have been so many nice score posts lately I thought I might as well get in on the fun. This is my antique market find from last weekend...saw a little plain wooden box sitting closed on a table and opened it up to reveal this (the box ended up being a Wilkinson box actually). Nice surprise! Insta grabbed this bad boy and left a happy man ;)

Happy hunting everyone

Nice find, have you tried shaving yet? It looks as if there might be an alignment issue. There are a handful of threads on here discussing how to easily fix it.

Nice find, have you tried shaving yet? It looks as if there might be an alignment issue. There are a handful of threads on here discussing how to easily fix it.
I have not tried it yet. I didn't notice anything wrong with my examination of it but i see what you mean in the pic...I'll have to take a closer look tonight thanks! Glad to hear it's easily fixed worst case ;)