What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

BigFoot

From now on let's try to post all new acquisitions in this thread. That way everyone will be able to easily find them. :001_tt1: :drool:

Last edited:
I had to get one of these Stahlys and found one in like new condition. I've tried the head on a standard handle and it shaves wonderful. I've not had the courage to try the vibration mode yet. There's a funny video on the tube with a kid attempting to shave with a vibrating Stahly and chopping up his face like a weed-wacker through grass!
$$(KGrHqJ,!rQFIEBjlz-tBSIVN6djug~~60_14.JPG

At the flea market yesterday and scored a Gillette new oc, OK condition (going to hit with brasso), the teeth are all straight too; paid 5 bucks for so score! No picture though so I guess it didn't happen? lol.

picked up this stuff at a local auction this weekend. nothing special but only 27 bucks. the parker 51 vacumatic will easily make up for the cost :001_tt2: there is actually a lot more but this is the good stuff. i also had to buy the junk to get to the good stuff lol

Attachments

Got three wonderful things in the mail today.
First off...
$uploadfromtaptalk1379998644677.jpg $uploadfromtaptalk1379998681298.jpg
My new shaving brush custom made by Wolf Whiskers. I love the thing. It has me written all over it.

Second
$uploadfromtaptalk1379998862526.jpg
1951 W3 Gillette black tip

Third
$uploadfromtaptalk1379998913575.jpg
1941 Gillette Ranger with aluminum handle.

Attachments

There have been so many nice score posts lately I thought I might as well get in on the fun. This is my antique market find from last weekend...saw a little plain wooden box sitting closed on a table and opened it up to reveal this (the box ended up being a Wilkinson box actually). Nice surprise! Insta grabbed this bad boy and left a happy man ;)

Happy hunting everyone

Nice find, have you tried shaving yet? It looks as if there might be an alignment issue. There are a handful of threads on here discussing how to easily fix it.

Nice find, have you tried shaving yet? It looks as if there might be an alignment issue. There are a handful of threads on here discussing how to easily fix it.
I have not tried it yet. I didn't notice anything wrong with my examination of it but i see what you mean in the pic...I'll have to take a closer look tonight thanks! Glad to hear it's easily fixed worst case ;)