What's new

PBB (Phoenix Bakelite Brotherhood) for Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant lovers

Todays shave with my new PBOCS
proxy.php

Just joined yesterday with my most recent mail call. I used the bakelite slant today with a Super-Max blade and had a wonderful shave, sign me up!
Welcome to the PBB Pete! :001_smile

Regarding your signature just bear in mind that PBOCS is the razor, whereas PBB is the brotherhood. :wink2:

Through the generosity of a fellow B&B member, I scored a BOCS in the discontinued white that I missed so much! I've had such a continuously rocky history with blade shaving, even after several years with DEs and good prep, that lately I've been using a Braun Electric or Philips oneblade and just being happy with SAS. Today I loaded up a fresh Astra sp in the BOCS and lathered up with the new Gillette pure shave cream and my RR Bruce 22mm synth then dove in for a cold water shower shave (yes I take cold showers). Fully expecting irritation based off my history, I did just a single WTG pass then rinsed off, finished my shower, and dried up. From here I noticed I was left with an absolutely irritation free shave that was smooth in 2-3 of the 4 directions... From one pass. DFS, CCS, whichever is closer, I dont remember right now lol. I immediately remembered why I loved and missed this razor. My new thoughts on how close a shave I pursue works very well with this razor and with further experimentation could be the razor that saves blade shaving for me. I finished up with some Dickinson's deep cleansing astringent witch hazel and couldn't be happier. This is a great aftershave by the way. Simple witch hazel base with a very small amount of alcohol, menthol, eucalyptus, and camphor. The scent is clean and almost non-existent with non of the bacon/hot dog water scent associated with plain witch hazel. It's only around $7 for a 16oz/473ml bottle at my CVS and usually BOGO50.

With all that said, pics or it never happened:
IMG_20190507_204556298.jpg

Last edited:
My black OC slant has been getting a lot of use lately. Been weeks since I've picked up any other razor (but I don't shave regularly). This razor just shaves really well. It's efficient and more comfortable than my straight bar razors. I can actually get comfortable shaves with this doing no prep, which appeals to me because I'm lazy and don't want to needlessly lengthen the time it takes me to shave. It's because the razor slices through so comfortably that it doesn't feel aggressive. This razor is surprisingly good, I have nicer razors going unused because this slant is just that good (I got the Rockwell Adjustable T a few weeks ago). PAA OC Slant gives effortless BBS.

I hear Fatip has a slant razor in production, and as a fan of both slants and Fatip razors, I'm excited to see that razor get a release.

Last edited:
Looks like the fatip slant at least partially took over here :yesnod:

I think it's more so that you can't find the paa bocs ANYWHERE lol. Especially the white one. I was looking for over a year, basically gave up, then someone reached out and offered me one and I stupidly turned it down. It was gone hours later.

I think it's more so that you can't find the paa bocs ANYWHERE lol. Especially the white one. I was looking for over a year, basically gave up, then someone reached out and offered me one and I stupidly turned it down. It was gone hours later.
Unobtainium nowadays sadly.
You could always ask [email protected] if there's any chance of another run... particularly of the Storm Trooper:
PB-on-black_2017-03-08_small.jpg

and let us know their answer. :wink2:

I know I’m late to this party but @Cal invited me. I looked for a PBOCS for several weeks and finally swapped a JAWS plate for one.

My first experience was great. I took my time and got a great shave. It is VERY efficient.

Second shave I was hurried and should have used the FOCS instead but ...

I ended up VERY irritated, especially my neck.

I let it heal a couple of days before resuming with the FOCS.

I will continue to use the PAA when I can give it my undivided time but it does not suffer fools and you cannot set it to autopilot like the FOCS.

08005C60-3FA2-4012-BC34-A77484247A15.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought the “Blue”. I briefly had a slant and and thought it was great razor but decided to stick with straight razors. It hasn’t arrived yet but I expect it in a few days. It’s been quite awhile since I’ve used a de. I guess I got a thing about slants.

Hello PBOCS lovers, I have a question:

Is the Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant (PBOCS),
the same razor as what is now sold as
the Phoenix Filament Open Comb Double Slant Razor ...?
see

If not, what is the difference between the two razors..?

Top Bottom