What's new

Our 5th, 10 Round Bullseye Session Starts on 5/1/2023 - New Shooters Are Welcome!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I had a good session today, shooting my Ruger Mk II with Volquartsen trigger and Burris Fastfire 3 RDS, shooting two handed. I'm getting closer to being able to return to one handed shooting.

252-1x
Slow fire 85
Timed fire 86-1X
Rapid fire 81

S&W 22S. It was the predicessor of the Victory. The dot is green, but yes to your question. ADE advance optics sight.

0708221045a.jpg

Good afternoon Gentlemen,

Apologize for not posting these sooner. My scores from a couple of 50-yard matches. A slow start to the season but a start 😁

50-yard Slow Fire at B-6 targets, 25-yard T&R at B-16 targets, one-hand

.45 cal, 1911 w/dot

Slow - 84 1x
Timed - 73
Rapid - 77 1x
Total - 234 2x

Slow - 82
Timed - 90 1x
Rapid - 73
Total - 245 1x

.22 cal, S&W 41 w/dot

Slow - 88 1x
Timed - 91 2x
Rapid - 98 5x
Total - 277 8x

Slow - 92 1x
Timed - 96 3x
Rapid - 91 3x
Total - 279 7x

Tom

I've been putting hundreds of arrows down range each week as I get ready for the NH Senior Games. My best WA 900 / FITA 900 round is 793. I've been gently tweaking my sight as I focus on form. The sight's right where it is supposed to be and I'm closing in on 9 points per arrow. Tomorrow I'm planning to send 90 to 120 arrows into the 60-yard target. Want to get my 60-yard average above 8.7 per arrow. I'm hoping to be hitting in the low to mid 800s by July.

Here's the latest rollup.
Score Roll Up for 6-10-2023.jpg

I did my WA900 archery match yesterday. Had a great time.
  • No misses
  • I learned a lot about shooting through super saturated air/high humidity air. It really slows down arrows. Felt like I was driving them through pudding. We had some of the best archers in the state there and none of us were hitting high. The air got thicker as the day progressed. But it didn't rain!
  • Over 50% of my hits were in the X, 10, and 9 rings across all three ranges. 90 arrows... 30 each at 60, 50, and 40 yards
  • Only 6 hits in the 7, 6, and 4 rings. My two 6 and 4 hits were caused by a muscle twitch. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
  • I even won a medal. Life is good.
Met some fine people and we all had fun.

Does anyone have bullseye scores to add?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I did my WA900 archery match yesterday. Had a great time.
  • No misses
  • I learned a lot about shooting through super saturated air/high humidity air. It really slows down arrows. Felt like I was driving them through pudding. We had some of the best archers in the state there and none of us were hitting high. The air got thicker as the day progressed. But it didn't rain!
  • Over 50% of my hits were in the X, 10, and 9 rings across all three ranges. 90 arrows... 30 each at 60, 50, and 40 yards
  • Only 6 hits in the 7, 6, and 4 rings. My two 6 and 4 hits were caused by a muscle twitch. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
  • I even won a medal. Life is good.
Met some fine people and we all had fun.

Does anyone have bullseye scores to add?

Sounds like a fantastic time!

I have just been so busy this summer, I haven’t even had time to think about it…. Yet anyway. My plan is to get my red dot that I had on the Buckmark on top of my MKIV get it sighted in and then get some weekly scores up in bunches. But as of late, every time I think about doing it, something very important comes up that needs to be addressed right away.

Certainly these things that are preventing me from getting in with it can’t keep popping up and spoiling my plans indefinitely? I’m sure a break will be coming soon and I will get the opportunity to get my pistol up and going at the range and get some scores posted.

This is my story also and I’m sticking to it. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm getting over a late case of Covid but I hope to be able to resume shooting again soon. Congrats on your archery match results!

OkieStubble

I'm getting over a late case of Covid but I hope to be able to resume shooting again soon. Congrats on your archery match results!

I’ve been down with Covid 4 different times before your first. I am doing something wrong…

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Thanks, I’m over Covid but the wife is in the hospital (not Covid) and so I’m in a holding pattern for now.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Bump! It's been too damn hot and other life events have intervened for me to post scores recently. I notice no one else has either. Shall we leave this an open ended time frame, delay until cooler weather, etc?

OkieStubble

Bump! It's been too damn hot and other life events have intervened for me to post scores recently. I notice no one else has either. Shall we leave this an open ended time frame, delay until cooler weather, etc?

This sounds like an awesome idea imo. Other than the heat I got medical stuff going on that I am having to address and can’t even begin focusing on getting to the range right now.

Sounds good to me. Between work and home, not getting the range time I want/need. I did make it to my range a few times to sight in and play with the P365 XL I got in anticipation for my CCW permit. Got it on my Premises Permit. Love the gun, still waiting on my CCW permit (10.5 months now since submission of all the paperwork and required training, and I‘ve had a Premises handgun permit for 15-years and a long gun permit for 30-years from the same agency…)

🙏 for all your health issues.

Tom

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Still kinda hot but I shot for score today. Not my best showing.
242-1X
Slow fire 79
Timed fire 79
Rapid fire 84-1X

Top Bottom