What's new

Our 3rd, 10-Week Bullseye Session Starts on 8/29/2022

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I’m out until I get my Buckmark situated. Browning customer service transferred me to one of their Techs who’s attitude seemed very indifferent to my troubles.

He told me he didn’t think there was much they could do about it. I told him I want to send it in and have Browning take a look at it any way.

He then said FedEx and UPS doesn’t ship firearms for private citizens anymore and I will have to take my Buckmark to an FFL dealer and have them call Browning and Browning would email them an RMS for return shipping.

I said, really? I just sent and received a Ruger pistol twice by FedEx a few weeks back?

He said if I want the Buckmark looked at by them, I would have to send it back thru an FFL. His attitude and tone over the phone wasn’t very customer friendly for sure.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I’m out until I get my Buckmark situated. Browning customer service transferred me to one of their Techs who’s attitude seemed very indifferent to my troubles.

He told me he didn’t think there was much they could do about it. I told him I want to send it in and have Browning take a look at it any way.

He then said FedEx and UPS doesn’t ship firearms for private citizens anymore and I will have to take my Buckmark to an FFL dealer and have them call Browning and Browning would email them an RMS for return shipping.

I said, really? I just sent and received a Ruger pistol twice by FedEx a few weeks back?

He said if I want the Buckmark looked at by them, I would have to send it back thru an FFL. His attitude and tone over the phone wasn’t very customer friendly for sure.
That sucks, I would demand better. OK-I am sure you will .:lol:

OkieStubble

That sucks, I would demand better. OK-I am sure you will .:lol:

I figured I would investigate a bit on what he said and see what I can find out first before I start making demands.

I had trouble with anti gun people at FedEx with my 1911 and then again when I got the wife’s LCP Max, the same FedEx local manager tried to screw me around again, so I got a hold of her Regional manager and faxed him paperwork on a dozen different non firearm FedEx deliveries I have had in the time between the Springfield and Ruger with absolutely no trouble. I also sent him all the trouble I get from her when I had the only two firearms delivered. Once he saw that, he called her personally.

She then called me personally and apologized for the trouble and assured me it wasn’t because they were firearms and she would deliver it personally. I then asked her, was she the same manager who said “ In all good conscience, I can’t have it delivered because it’s a gun” ??

She then hung up on me and she had a driver deliver it within 15 minutes, but she didn’t personally bring it like she said.

So I’m thinking, maybe FedEx has something out there on computer that says “we don’t ship and deliver anymore for him?

So I will find out and see exactly what is up. If I haven’t been personally prohibited and FedEx still ships firearms? Browning is going to here about it. One thing I noted when on the phone with the Browning Tech was, at the beginning of my call with their customer service, the automated voice said all calls are recorded?

Doesn’t make sense for the Browning Tech to have been rude or indifferent lying about FedEx if he knows he’s being recorded? I dunno.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Sorry for the delay of game.
254-2x
Slow 82
Timed 87-0X
Rapid 85-2X

So, does round 4 begin this week or next?

OkieStubble

My Buckmark goes off to Browning tomorrow. FedEx won’t ship it personally. I’m taking it to Academy Sports where I bought it tomorrow and they will send it back for free.

I’m sending it back dirty, so they don’t have to put a 100 rounds thru it just to see it malfunction. But I’m telling ya, I have this feeling, they are going to shoot it, see that it’s malfunctioning just as I said; and then they will clean it, shoot it just a few rounds and send it back to me, without shooting a couple of boxes to see why it’s fouling so fast.

Story of my life. :)

Oh well, if they do that and don’t fix it, I will put it up on consignment at my LGS and pick up a Ruger MK IV.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm glad I've not had any issues with FedEx. @OkieStubble , did you confirm that there has been an official change of policy with FedEx or is it a local personnel anti-gun issue?

Week 10's scores and the Session 3 Roll-Up

Score Roll Up for 11-6-2022.jpg

I suggest we all shoot this week and write down our scores. I'll start Session 4 on the 20th. This will give all of us an extra score to use when we have less than an acceptable shooting week, or have a week we just can't get to the range.

OkieStubble

I'm glad I've not had any issues with FedEx. @OkieStubble , did you confirm that there has been an official change of policy with FedEx or is it a local personnel anti-gun issue?

I’m going to call the same FedEx Regional manager who I called when I was having delivery troubles and find out what is up.

Top Bottom