What's new

Our 4th, 10-Week Bullseye Session Starts on 12/11/2022 - New Shooters Are Welcome!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Not making much headway.
229-2X
Slow fire 77
Timed fire 83-2X
Rapid fire 69.........shoulder getting tired...all shots low, none in the black, but seven shots in a fair group in the lower 7 and 6 rings

Good afternoon all!

I'm back from an Indiana wedding. (a fine time was had by all...)

The big question is when do we want to start this up again? Please respond to this reply with your thoughts. Examples could include but are not limited to:
  • As fast as you can craft a new thread and spreadsheet...
  • Let's start up again in X (replace X with a point in the future)
  • It's been fun... but, I'm ready to do something new... (like what?, new is good...)
  • Whatever else you want to say or do...
Here's the final score sheet...

Score Roll Up for 4-11-2023.jpg

Scott is showing excellent improvement! All of us are shooting well.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Thanks @Bob L. for wrapping this up and maintaining the scoring. I'll leave it up to y'all to decide when to resume the next session. I'm good for what ever.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Good afternoon all!

I'm back from an Indiana wedding. (a fine time was had by all...)

The big question is when do we want to start this up again? Please respond to this reply with your thoughts. Examples could include but are not limited to:
  • As fast as you can craft a new thread and spreadsheet...
  • Let's start up again in X (replace X with a point in the future)
  • It's been fun... but, I'm ready to do something new... (like what?, new is good...)
  • Whatever else you want to say or do...
Here's the final score sheet...

View attachment 1637084

Scott is showing excellent improvement! All of us are shooting well.

I really enjoyed the few weeks of the previous session I participated in, a huge thanks to Bob for keeping it going.

I think the biggest thing for me was, just trying to get to the range every week and/or trying to shoot several weeks at a time trying to make up for missed weeks.

I don’t know if it would be or could be possible to adapt or revise the construct of our week session to something that could be more like a permanent session that can take and average individual scores as they come in?

Since we are not competing against one another, our scores and averages can be tabulated for each shooter just whenever you desire to get around to it possibly?

This way, over time, individual scores can be seen and enjoyed for use whether someone shoots every week once a week, or if they shoot just once or twice a month?
MI don’t know if this would be worth anyone else’s effort or time, it was just an idea that crossed my mind. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
^ This. I think a looser time frame would help those who can't get to the range every week, or need a little down time for what ever reason. Plus it would help avoid burn out. I have other shooting interests and sometimes it's hard to work in a weekly bullseye session. But as long as we have some flexibility built in (as we have already) I'm good.

Good afternoon Gentlemen,

I agree with what‘s been said. I wish I could get back to a consistent weekly range trip but that’s likely not going to happen soon. Having the flexibility to shoot a couple or few matches to catch up works for me, is good practice, and fun.

I have been enjoying participating in this and it’s gotten me to the range when I otherwise would have done something someone else wanted me to do. 😉. Since we are not competing, keeping score helps track our individual progress. Mixing in centerfire and various distances (according to the same Bullseye/Precision Pistol rules) has added flexibility and interest for me.

I’m in for more. Thank you very much Bob for setting this up, tracking the scores, and keeping this going!

Tom

Sounds like we want to continue with this. I see no issues with setting this up as a 10 round match that runs for a specific amount of time. (more then 10 weeks) What do you think about doing it as detailed below? Comments, suggestions, additions, changes, etc... are welcome?
  • We start on a specific date and run the overall session for at least 13 weeks; or until all participants have entered 10 rounds, or have opted out.
  • We have 10 rounds. Each round consists of shooting three targets shot as before.
  • Post scores as you shoot them. If you have a great day at the range and shoot multiple rounds you are proud of... Post each of the rounds. (Mixing targets is a no-no. :LMS)
  • I'd like to pull the handicapping. We are shooting for individual improvement. There are no prizes. We all seem to have strong egos too... :c9:
  • You may shoot any rimfire or center fire round as long as it comes out of a pistol. One-handed or two-handed is fine.
  • Participants post their scores as they wish and I'll update the score sheet every week or so.
If you see something else that should be listed, modified, added, or deleted please say so.

If you aren't part of the current group and are planning to join the next session... Your comments are welcome too.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I would like to suggest a 15 week period to shoot for 10 scores. Those who finish up early will have some time off. I agree with dropping the handicap, I never saw the use in it. Start back up whenever ya'll are ready.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I like the 15 week time frame to shoot 10 sessions. Now that nicer weather is here and I am riding my Terra-Trike as well the range trips are a bit harder. Should we start next week?

Getting rid of the handicap is ok by me.

Welcome aboard, Ronnie!!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. The new thread is up. It is a 20-week session that will restart early if all participants finish early.

Top Bottom