What's new

Our 3rd, 10-Week Bullseye Session Starts on 8/29/2022

Monday, August 29th, 2022 is the first day to punch holes in paper for our third Bullseye session.

New shooters are welcome. Please read the attachments and or the previous Bullseye threads to get answers to your great questions.

• Each week is a match.
  • 10 matches make up a session.
  • We are not starting with a freebie session this time 'round.
Bullseye matches are also known as Precision Pistol Matches. The B&B Bullseye League is a "relaxed league". We are not using the entire, 76-page NRA Precision Pistol Rules Book in this league. Here's what you need to know to get started.
  • Read the attached "Introduction to the B&B Bullseye Pistol League" - It's just 2 pages!
  • Read the attached "The B&B Bullseye League Basics" - It's just 3 pages!
  • Print the attached "50-foot B2 and B3 Targets" or buy your own. - Bullseye Leagues shoot at several distances. Shorter distances use smaller targets. If you want to shoot at a different distance, the attached "NRA Precision Pistol Rules" handbook identifies the targets you need.
  • Shoot indoors or outdoors - The choice is yours
  • A paper form and a smartphone (Android or Apple) app have been provided for scoring. The download link for the app is in the 5 pages of reading...
  • You may reshoot your three target set until you get a score you want to post for the week. You may not reshoot an individual target to improve the week's score. You must start over with the slow target followed by the two timed targets. Details are in the 5 pages of reading.
  • Please post the week's score before Sunday, 14:00/2:00 PM, EST if you can. Late postings will be cataloged when I can get to it. :c9:
This league is for fun and personal skills improvement! Please help one another out when you see an opportunity to do so.

If you miss a week... Just shoot two sets of targets the following week.

Attachments

• B2 and B3 Pistol Targets-50 foot.pdf
    41.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Bullseye Scoring Form.pdf
    50.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Introduction to the B&B Bullseye League.pdf
    58.5 KB · Views: 12
  • The B&B Bullseye League Basics.pdf
    54.5 KB · Views: 9

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
After having not shot any bullseye practice in nearly 2 weeks, I went out and shot cold one handed the following score. I expected to shoot more targets, but my Slow score was OK, but not great, but I decided to go for all three. The score was at least my average, so I thought why waste the ammo? Perhaps I'll shoot again this week, but most likely not.

255-3X
Slow 80
Timed 90-2X
Rapid 85-1X

So, what is the criteria for Expert and other classifications? Is it in one of the linked PDFs?
The classification chart is on the second page of the attached conventional bullseye doc.
  • The first chart on the second page has minimum requirements for each stage along with the aggregate score.
  • The second chart adds up the points for all three stages. (slow, timed, and rapid) The aggregate score determines the stage, not the individual stages.
My local club uses the upper chart on the second page.

There are periodic "bling" passing sessions if you're in a formal club. The bling consists of fabric badges, metal badges/pins, and bars.

The Winchester NRA Marksmanship attachment gives all the details. Anyone may submit their scores to the NRA and self-qualify up to and including the Expert level. It's on the honor system. You shoot/score the targets, and order/pay for the bling. The NRA sends you the bling. Distinguished Expert qualification requires an NRA member to witness the shooting and verify the scoring.

Shooters with physical issues are welcome to earn badges at all levels. They are also allowed to compete in formal NRA meets.

Attachments

• conventional-bullseye pistol qualification - NRA.pdf
    118.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Winchester NRA Marksmanship Qual Program.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 3

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Well, I'll be darned. So, in the column for repetitions is has 8 for Expert. Does that mean you have to have 8 consecutive scores of 250 or above without any sub-250 scores, or just 8 good scores total?

Well, I'll be darned. So, in the column for repetitions is has 8 for Expert. Does that mean you have to have 8 consecutive scores of 250 or above without any sub-250 scores, or just 8 good scores total?
My reading of the rules leaves me to believe that each time you earn a rank or a bar the 10-sets clock starts again. The clock runs through 10 consecutive sets of targets and then restarts. You can have up to two sub-250s in the 10 consecutive runs.

I've found the real kicker here is shooting while other shooters are doing the same. The noise and the varying shot cadences are a distraction. That's one of the reasons it takes fewer targets to qualify when competing in an NRA-sanctioned meet. They also are trying to entice more shooters into NRA competitions.

So, what is the criteria for Expert and other classifications? Is it in one of the linked PDFs?

Percentage scores as per page 50 of the NRA Precision Pistol Rulebook:

E481FEE9-18E8-4A23-BFE2-D7805BA3B910.jpeg

One will get officially classified after 360 shots worth of matches. The scores submitted are averaged for classification. I was officially classified by competing in NRA Sanctioned matches where they submitted the scores To the NRA. After 360 rounds the NRA mailed out a classification card and some classification stickers which gets upgrated as your scores improve every 360 rounds. Unfortunately if you don’t shoot any sanctioned matches for 3-years you lose your classification and have to start a new 360 rounds…

Once classified you would be in competition with others in the match in your classification.

Tom

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Here are the first week's scores for our new session. Rob, I'll drop your score into the sheet when you submit it.

View attachment 1517331

I’m gonna have to make week 1 up next Friday. Friday’s are when I have been going to the range, but I drove the wife to Wellston Oklahoma to take a self defense pistol class with a friend of mine’s wife.

And then him and I went bowling. :). I’ll make it up when I shoot week 2 next Friday?

I’m gonna have to make week 1 up next Friday. Friday’s are when I have been going to the range, but I drove the wife to Wellston Oklahoma to take a self defense pistol class with a friend of mine’s wife.

And then him and I went bowling. :). I’ll make it up when I shoot week 2 next Friday?
Perfect bullseye score is 300!
Perfect bowling score is 300!

You were working on the mental part of this game!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I did some timed at 50 feet with my 9mm 1911. That’s a different animal. I will start practicing each week at that range and see if I can improve.

Attachments

• BDD94DC3-9E64-4EAC-B3E7-C6078CE175EB.jpeg
    BDD94DC3-9E64-4EAC-B3E7-C6078CE175EB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 8
I did some timed at 50 feet with my 9mm 1911. That’s a different animal. I will start practicing each week at that range and see if I can improve.
Time for the pistol shooter's best friend...
In the past, the grip-safety has caused problems for me. I learned to reseat my grip after engaging the safety. That is, I made sure the webbing of my right hand was firmly pressed into the pistol's tang. That lets the recoil move straight back with limited muzzle rise. Many of your shots were high, that's where mine go when I'm gripping too low. JMTCW

Top Bottom