What's new

Might have to build one of these someday.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
OK, now this sux and makes no sense to me. I placed an order for the Triggertec AR9 Adaptable trigger. The product page states a "15 to 24 day" ETA for shipping, fair enough. But the order copy said "unknown ETA, contact us" for the trigger. (This is the same day as the order was placed.) So I email Optic Planet's customer service. They reply:

"Greetings from OpticsPlanet.com!

We apologize for the delay. The category for the product you ordered is subject to federal review and as such, we are currently waiting for clarification on the manufacturer’s classification of the product.

Your order is currently on hold at this time while we wait for the manufacturer to confirm the classification with regard to federal guidelines. If approved, we will process your order for shipment once we have received this information from the manufacturer.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

We appreciate your patience during this process!"

Whisky Tango Foxtrot ?!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
OK, I get an email "order update" from Optics Planet this morning and the ETA for shipping the trigger is back to "15 to 24 days", I repeat, "Whisky Tango Foxtrot"? I'll believe it when I see it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
OK, now this sux and makes no sense to me. I placed an order for the Triggertec AR9 Adaptable trigger. The product page states a "15 to 24 day" ETA for shipping, fair enough. But the order copy said "unknown ETA, contact us" for the trigger. (This is the same day as the order was placed.) So I email Optic Planet's customer service. They reply:

"Greetings from OpticsPlanet.com!

We apologize for the delay. The category for the product you ordered is subject to federal review and as such, we are currently waiting for clarification on the manufacturer’s classification of the product.

Your order is currently on hold at this time while we wait for the manufacturer to confirm the classification with regard to federal guidelines. If approved, we will process your order for shipment once we have received this information from the manufacturer.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

We appreciate your patience during this process!"

Whisky Tango Foxtrot ?!

New ATF leadership.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I caught an "In stock" email alert in the nick of time and was able to order the elusive receiver set from Aero Precision! Now all I need is the trigger. The TriggerTec trigger is on extended B/O, AGAIN, so I'll probably start off with another LaRue trigger and swap them out at a later date.

Last edited:
Very nice! I'm surprised at how reasonable the price for the upper/lower set is. I went with a CMMG lower (Colt) due to availability at a local gun shop. I had an extra BCM blem upper that I used. The fit and finish is excellent, no rattle what so ever. When you piece different manufacturers parts together, the outcome isn't always great but I couldn't be happier.

Good luck with your build.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Receiver set sent from Aero Precision. Should arrive at my LGS in a little over a week, IF I'm lucky.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So I ordered the LaRue trigger, only to find out it is backordered after the fact. The website did not show it as not available. I called LaRue and was told it would be about three months! So I emailed Triggertech directly and found out that the AR9 Adaptable was available and ordered it directly from them. Like everyone else, their shipping process is backlogged, but at least the trigger is in stock. It will be interesting to see how long it will take to get here from Canada, eh? I almost ordered an inexpensive mil spec trigger, glad I ordered the TT instead, no matter how long it takes.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
LGS should get my receiver set tomorrow, but I won't be able to pick it up until early next week. Triggertech has already shipped my trigger, but an email states "5-7 days" before tracking is available?? So who knows how long it will take to get here.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
IMG_E1897.JPG

Everything except the trigger. Triggertech trigger inbound from Canada, eh?
Actually, I had to borrow the Radian Raptor charging handle from my .223 build, but that's the same one I have on extended backorder for this build.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
View attachment 1292861

Actually, I had to borrow the Radian Raptor charging handle from my .223 build, but that's the same one I have on extended backorder for this build.

Looks awesome! Love that 30 Glock stick hanging out from the bottom.

Put a can on it and fill it with 147 subs, perfect HD pistol!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I definitely plan to put a can on it eventually, but I need to pay down my account for all my recent purchases first! Probably needs a light to.

Last edited:
View attachment 1292861

Looks good! Looking forward to the range report.

I'm thinking about building another 9 mm upper myself, something a bit lighter than the suppressed one.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I will certainly be going to the range with it as soon as the trigger comes in and I hope to shoot it in a match in the near future. Reports will be forthcoming.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
USPS tracking finally has my trigger stateside from Canada, supposed to be delivered Monday, with luck I'll be able to test fire/sight in Tuesday and shoot in a match Wednesday! I'm almost giddy with anticipation.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The build is complete and I'm very satisfied overall. Adjusted the TriggerTech trigger to an average of 3.5 lbs. I took it to the range today and sighted in the SIG Romeo RDS at 22 yds. (25 was too muddy!), the range which we usually shoot our CQB type matches.

IMG_1904.JPG

Bipod was used to shoot from the bench to zero the SIG RDS. It won't be used routinely.
Target in the foreground with the 33 rnd. Glock mag was the initial target shot with WWWB 115gr JHPs. First shots low in the "7" ring, adjusted to the "X" ring.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
IMG_1902.JPG

My reloads from the bench with 124 gr. FMJ round nose bullet from the bench, not sure why the group seems shifted to the left. Subsequent groups were better centered.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
IMG_1903.JPG

Same target as above, shot a different reload with 124 gr. Truncated cone bullets.
From the bench, aimed at the top of the "7" ring, not quite as tight a group, but well centered. Later when shooting these same reloads offhand, doing rapid double taps. I encountered several failures to feed, which I at least partially blame on the bullet being seated too far out, despite being within normal OAL. For the time being, I will shoot only round nose bullets. I will need to test defensive JHPs eventually. I look forward to tomorrow's match!

Last edited:
Top Bottom