What's new

Great Canadian Travelling Box #2 (aka CTB2)

Did you miss the first Canadian Travelling Box? Did you still want to participate? Well here's your chance!

I've enjoyed using the first Canadian Travelling box so much that I have decided to help start up CTB#2. There's already some interest from participants and I've posted the names below. If you are interested please reply to this thread along with your city and province. I'll get the box sent to the first participant after we get 20-25 names. I live in Vancouver so it would be preferable to start on the west coast perhaps even in this city. I'll be happy to meet up with whoever is first in Vancouver that is if we have any Greater Vancouver area participants.

Here are the rules for CTB#2. I've borrowed most of the rules from Box #1 (thanks wxdrx and Luc).
  • Do not donate something that you wouldn't use if it came from a stranger
  • You can take more than one item but try to replace/contribute to the box an equal value of goods or monetary donation if you can.
  • Try not to duplicate things that are already existing in the box. It's okay to have 10 aftershaves but not 10 bottles of Old Spice a/s.
  • Keep and try items in the box for up to two weeks.
  • You must write a minimum of 3 posts describing your shave and what you liked or disliked about the items you used.
  • After your two weeks are up please send the box to the next person on the list.
  • Please send the package with tracking so we all know the contents are safe.
  • Items left over at the end will be PIF'd or sold and proceeds donated to B&B.
Request for products posted by participants
Geo F. Trumper Eucris shave soap and eau de toilette (edt)
Czech & Speake Oxford soap and edt
Czech & Speake Cambridge soap edt

-------------------------------

Updated list of participants

Rambus007
1 TheSentinel (Victoria, BC) has BOX TOKYO (Going up)
2 sparcotsi (Victoria, BC)
3 Malaspina (Powell River, BC)
4 Pearson (Mission, BC)
5 vicali (Kamloops, BC)
6 keNd0 (Southern AB)
7 SUNA (Calgary, AB)
8 mr. s (Calgary, AB)
9 Kcaps (Calgary, AB)
10 bmc1979 (Calgary, AB)
11 csmorris (Calgary, AB)
12 EYEdotGee (Calgary, AB)
13 wdwrx (Red Deer, Alberta)
14 Munxcub (North Battleford, SK)
15 hometownhero (Saskatoon, SK)
16 brucered (Winnipeg, MB)
17 penmanship (Winnipeg, MB)
18 dmm26 (Grunthal, MB) - Passing on Tokyo
19 maxman (Thunder Bay, ON)
20 Granaura (Ottawa, ON)
21 joe2k1 (Toronto, ON)
22 bananaman (Toronto, ON)
23 rockviper (Toronto, ON) - Is not participating anymore
24 sleekandsmooth (Cambridge, ON) - Is not participating anymore

25 BentonClay (Caledon, ON) has BOX KYOTO (Going down)
26 Rapier (Montreal, Quebec)
27 Antonio (Montreal, Quebec)
28 inspiringK (Halifax, Nova Scotia)
Rambus007

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way if there are any members who would like to make a donation to the box of hardware, software or monetary please feel free to contact me or post here. I haven't decided what I'm going to put in here just yet. I have three soaps that I bought from Crabtree and Evelyn. I might cut off a chunk from each soap and place it in a container or bag so everyone can try them out. I've also got some P.160 and Italian barber soap from Martin at Rasurpur and some shaving products from The Real Shave Company as well.

I've got a couple of paddle strops that I want to restore. One of the paddle strops will be donated to the CTB2 to go along with the straight(s) that I am also thinking of donating. Is there anyone willing to donate some fine leather to this project please? :thumbup:

Lastly are there any requests from participants for stuff they want to try? If so maybe other members can chime in to help out with these special requests. We only need a small amount for the participants to try.

I was also thinking if there are enough people wanting to try a high priced soap, cream or aftershave I'll sell some razors to fund the purchase and donate to the box for everyone to try. Of course any suggestions are appreciated. This is new for me and I am hoping to make this box just as fun as the first one.

I would also like to appeal to the vendors. If you have product(s) that you would like the members in Canada to try please feel free to offer a donation to this box.

I have a bunch of new czech soaps and creams and a/s I can add to the box so throw me on the list again. Or if you need a start point let me know as I've got enough stuff to build a fairly substantial box and start it on the West Coast.

I have a bunch of new czech soaps and creams and a/s I can add to the box so throw me on the list again. Or if you need a start point let me know as I've got enough stuff to build a fairly substantial box and start it on the West Coast.

Thank you for the contribution. Where do you live? I am in Vancouver. I was going to start up in Vancouver unless you are farther west than me.

I'll throw in some Queen Charlotte soaps Sandalwood if you like.
I was going to put it in the first box, but I'd like as many people to try it as possible.
It's good stuff.

I would love to try some Eucris. I love the EdT and would like to try the soap. Also C&S Oxford and Cambridge. Love the EdT and would like to try the soap etc...

Not sure what I have that I could kick in. I have a pretty much brand new of C&E Sienna that I'm not really a fan of but others seem to love.

I'm in!:thumbup1:

Terry, what do you want for leather? I've got a nice piece of bridal leather, though it may be a bit on the short side.

I'm interested, even have some hardware that I will be willing to part with by the time it gets to this side of the country.:thumbup:

Any leather is fine. I have two different sizes of paddle strops to repair. It should be a fun project for me. The smallest is about 4 cm x 15 cm I think. I have always been curious about bridal leather.

By the way the soapstone is still working well for me. I've shaved over 13 times with only 20 laps on the stone before each shave and I am still getting great shaves!

I'm in!:thumbup1:

Terry, what do you want for leather? I've got a nice piece of bridal leather, though it may be a bit on the short side.

I would love to try some Eucris. I love the EdT and would like to try the soap. Also C&S Oxford and Cambridge. Love the EdT and would like to try the soap etc...

Not sure what I have that I could kick in. I have a pretty much brand new of C&E Sienna that I'm not really a fan of but others seem to love.

Sorry I am not familiar with all these short names. Can you clarify what the EDT and C&S mean please? Also what product is Eucris?

Can I participate too please? If I may I would like to contribute. I'm just up the coast in Powell River....

Thanks

I wouldnt mind getting on on this one. Im from Saskatoon Sk. Any idea on a start date I might have to make an order of some things to toss on lol

Top Bottom