What's new

East Coast Canadian Pass-around Box - Round 3

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Get well soon mate!

I do apologize that I have to drop out of the list for this box :( A new job is taking me out of Canada and down to New York

Luc

Staff member
I do apologize that I have to drop out of the list for this box :( A new job is taking me out of Canada and down to New York

I removed you from post 1. Best of luck!

Guys... I'm alive! Sorry for the lack of updates.

Its been a crazy few weeks over here with work, and well, honestly... a potty training toddler lol

I got the box about 10 days ago, and have had 3 shaves thus far (I can't shave daily). So here are some updates, and I'll be setting something up with [MENTION=112453]DomQ[/MENTION] ASAP so he gets the box quick :)

Shave 1: Dec 29

Soap - Stirling Glacial (I know they have a Glacial Line, but no scent - if any - listed) BOX
Brush - RazoRock Blondie MINE
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE89LBL MINE
Blade - Personna Platinum BOX
Aftershave - RazoRock Lime Problem Solver BOX

This is my first time using a Stirling soap, but I had heard great things. Also... I LOVE menthol. I had originally planned on finishing the shave with Vitos Mentholo from the box. Afterall, you cant have too much menthol, right?! Wrong! [emoji38]

The soap was amazing. I bloomed a bit before use, and it lathered and lathered even considering the tiny bit pressed into my bowl. Slickness and cushion felt great. I can see why Stirling has the reputation it does. How was the menthol? Potent! My face was super cold throughout the shave, and the cold rinses between passes were boardline frostbite territory! Overall, I loved it. Not an everyday soap, but a great purpose soap :)

One of the best shaves I have had, even if I am only a few months in. I decided against the menthol based AS, as my face was frozen. It felt like a waste. So I reached for the RazorRock Lime Problem Solver. A little sure goes a long way. The lime wasn't as pronounced as much as I would have liked, and it was slightly tacky afterwards. Overall, not a hit, but not a miss. The RazorRock 888 is by far my fav aftershave, so I think I would try the Evil Eye before purchasing the problem solver.

proxy.php

Phew.. that was long winded!

Last edited:
Shave 1: Dec 31 - Happy New Year!

Soap - Barrister and Mann - Winter Spice BOX
Brush - RazoRock Blondie MINE
Blade - Personna Platinum (Second shave) BOX
Aftershave - Aqua Velva Cool Sport BOX

Another legendary soap brand. I am a big B+M fan, and this soap didnt disappoint in performance. While it delivered everything I have come to expect from B+M, I have one gripe... the scent. Not the actual scent. Its fantastic! C'mon, a seasonal B+M scent. That being said, it had no lasting power. So if you like your soap scent to linger, this on doesn't. I feel like this is knit-picking though :001_smile

Shave was solid, and the blade performed as well this time, as the first. A very good performer. Not enough to top a Polsilver as my go-to, but not disappointing at all.

Aftershave was typical Aqua Velva. Classic smell, and good performer

Luc

Staff member
Good to see you and great updates!

Shave 1: Jan 3
Soap - Arko "Cool Cream BOX
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft MINE
Razor - RazoRock 37C German Slant with Bamboo MINE
Blade - Astra SP Mine
Aftershave - Vitos Metholo BOX

As usual, I'll start with the soap. It's Arko. Enough said? Lather-bombing slickness. I found myself in a menthol mood again, and couldn't retreat to the Stirling. That ruins the fun of the box :w00t:. Great performer, but the "Cool" may just be more of a scent than anything. I haven't looked at the ingredients list, but I did notice a bit of a chill during the cold rinses, but non during the shave.

The blade/razor combo has been good in the past. I find the slant to be MORE forgiving than a traditional DE in everything except against the grain on trouble areas. My neck was a little tender after the shave, so I reached for the Mentholo since it was still on the counter from my first box shave.

The aftershave was very nice. Good amount of burn (alcohol) followed up with a healthy dose of menthol.

proxy.php

Shave 4: Jan 6
Soap - Proraso Green BOX
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft MINE
Blade - Polsilver Iridium Mine
Aftershave - RazoRock 888 Mine

Having never tried a Proraso product, I how can I let the box go without?! A great lather, and decent enough sent. I got some eucalyptus from it, but also some woodsy scent. Overall, pleasant. I can see why Proraso is a go-to for many. Cost, availability and performance all in one. After shave feel was surprisingly nice! Menthol level is middle of the road, which is what I imagine most would like. a nice bit while shaving, and really makes the rinses crisp :thumbup:

The RazoRock 888 is something. Its by far my favourite AS. That being said, I am almost out, and have no containers for liquid, or I'd put some in the box. If you like Tea Tree oil, and its smell, mixed with some eucalyptus and a hint of menthol at the end, grab some!

As for the blade, Polsilver is my favourite. Truthfully, these are Wizamets which I think are sold by Men Essentials, but from what I read are the same as Polsilvers. I swapped them in a local Passaround.

As I finish writing this, I think its time to pack this beast up, and fire a text off to Dom! :thumbup1:

Got the box today! The great [MENTION=3448]hack[/MENTION]nSlach and I met up to exchange the good, all I can say is my God, felt like I should strap it in with all the goods inside! Will post reviews tomorrow! Who put the Gold dollar straight in the?

Top Bottom