What's new

East Coast Canadian Pass-around Box - Round 3

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Following the sign-up thread and the preparation of the boxes. I believe that we are ready to launch round 3. #CTB3

This means that sign-up is now closed.

Link to the West Coast Canadian Pass-around Box - Round 3

The rules are below, please not that they are the exact same than the previous round. Of course, if you want to pass the box before 10 days, that fine but try not to exceed 10 days.

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box Rules and Regulations

Time with Box:
- The Box, will be passed down the preset list we have determined which will be included in the first post of each coasts respected thread.
- Each member will have a full 10 days, with the box starting when it first arrives by post. It is each member’s duty as part of the team to report on the coast thread the box belongs to when it arrives and its contents along with a picture of everything inside.
- During your 10 days with the box, it is strongly encouraged to review the items you use day by day on the coast thread. Tell us what you liked and disliked half the fun is hearing about your experience.
- When your 10 days is up, you can swap out any item you enjoyed for one from your own den. Whatever items you decide to take you must make the utmost attempt to replace them with items of equivalent value so we don’t end up with a box full of stuff nobody wants.
- When you send the box, it is your responsibility to contact the next in line to receive their shipping information. We understand life is busy and you may need a day or two to get it shipped out but PLEASE try to get it done ASAP.
- When you send the box out, you MUST post the tracking number on the coast thread so we can all keep track of its progress.
- When you receive the box, immediately PM the next in line for there mailing address to facilitate and streamline the process.

Using Items in the Box:
- This is a disclaimer; if you decide to use any of the included items do so at your own risk. You are responsible for cleaning any hardware used, any soaps/software you decide to use do so in a sanitary manner. With soaps or creams, scrape or chip content out as too preserve and maintain its viability for the hypochondriacs out there.
- If you do decide to take a soap/cream you must, as with hardware, replace it with a software (New would be preferable).
- All items will be leaving each respective coast cleaned and disinfected, it becomes your responsibility from there on out to keep it that way.
- Feel free to add anything you want to the box when you get it. Although you do not have to swap out anything you can contribute to the box if you feel like being generous. Do not put anything that you wouldn't use. This is not a trash can!

For the inventory, let leave it to the first recipient to post some pictures (and anyone after that to keep us updated on what's in there). To my knowledge, there are samples, new products and used products.

Here's the list:

Luc - Montreal, Quebec
Comet - Montreal, Quebec
HacknSlash - Whitby, ON
DomQ - Pickering, ON.
skip - Toronto On
Funky 34s - Toronto On
imcndn - Hamilton, Ontario
Desi - Ontario
igasho - Victoria, BC
Nick_O - Cloverdale, BC

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
As a reminder, the fatboy razor is on loan only and not a tradable item.

I believe that it's on the East coast box that I sent to Nick. It might be best to ship it back to you at the end of the round to avoid any unwanted trades.

Luc

Staff member
I did not receive the box no.

Scratch that, got the box.

I will post some pictures later and do an inventory. There are a few empty and almost empty bottles in there

Luc

Staff member
Here we go, I did a clean up yesterday and removed any empty bottles (there were a few).

Here are some snaps. I took out what I'm going to try this week. I should be able to pass it next week during the week to [MENTION=45751]Comet[/MENTION] unless one of us can't meet.
There's a lot of soap, some shave cream, plenty of blades, a straight, a shavette, a strop, two shave brushes, a few Aftershaves and a couple of bottles of shave oil, pre-shave products and alum blocks. There are a few DE razors too.

More pictures and shave 1 to follow in the next post.

Attachments

• $IMG_3460.jpg
    $IMG_3460.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 143
  • $IMG_3461.jpg
    $IMG_3461.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 141
  • $IMG_3462.jpg
    $IMG_3462.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 141
  • $IMG_3463.jpg
    $IMG_3463.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 144
  • $IMG_3465.jpg
    $IMG_3465.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 171

Luc

Staff member
And the rest of the pictures.

Today, I shaved with some items from the box, sort of...

I started with the Burt's bee shave cream. Scent is somehow synthetic. It seems brushless, it didn't lather at all. I ended up flushing what I used down the drain. Attempt #2 was with the Clubman Shave gel... Gel... Not really, it was more of a shave liquid with lumps than anything else. Scent that was, somehow, chemical also. This one made big bubbles and did not lather well but didn't affect the #movember look so that's okay! In the end, I'm happy that I tried them but wouldn't buy any of those two products.

Finally, I tried the RazoRock the Freedberg aftershave. There were scents that reminded me of rubbing alcohol. If that wouldn't be there, it would be a fairly good AS.

That's it for today. I will possibly refill some of the smaller bottles as I have them in a big format (i.e. the Veg, etc). and I may include a few others if I can find a few containers.

I have a few things lined up for the week-end, it shouldn't be as bad! :blushing:

Attachments

• $IMG_3466.jpg
    $IMG_3466.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 135
  • $IMG_3467.jpg
    $IMG_3467.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 135
  • $IMG_3468.jpg
    $IMG_3468.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 134
looks like a lot of cool stuff! cant wait. Do you know [MENTION=13506]Luc[/MENTION] whats going on with the west coast box?

Luc

Staff member
looks like a lot of cool stuff! cant wait. Do you know [MENTION=13506]Luc[/MENTION] whats going on with the west coast box?

Last exchange that I had with Nick, he was really busy at work. I'm sure he will post when he gets a minute

i literally just went on a shopping spree on italian barber 10 minutes ago for stuff for the box haha this is going to be great!

Luc

Staff member
I used the Kaloderma shave cream this morning. no surprises here, excellent product, light scent. I would recommend a lot. I then moved to the RazoRock problem solver. I had a bit of a itch after putting it on. I would say it works well. I need to have a closer look at the ingredients as I suspect that it contains alum (explaining the itch).

Just looked at the ingredient list, no alum... Well, there must be something else in there. nothing serious, nothing red.

The only thing that I will add is please go easy on what you put in the box. Let me explain. There's a full bottle of Pinaud Clubman original. It's very generous but a full bottle won't be used until 2025 if we do 2 pass-arounds a year. The only way to make room and add a bigger variety is to decant the AS. So, if you can, please do so.

Luc

Staff member
#ctb3 morning shave

RS Shaving again. If you never tried this product, please do so. I use it every time I get the box. It works really well IMO.

For the AS I used something labeled RazoRock P.160

It burned really badly. I'm surprised as I never had a reaction like that before. I rinsed it and used some booster bay rum instead. I can always include some before I pass the box

Ahh yes, the RR P160 after shave is the strongest burning after shave I've ever used. Sometimes it would turn my face red for a few minutes, but after everything settled down my face felt and looked great. The scents fades immediately however.

Its no longer made either.

I think the P160 means that it is Proof 160. An alcohol measurement. If using the US scale to convert to alcohol content ABV would be 80% alcohol in the stuff. Although, seeing that Italian Barber / Old World Importing has most of its stuff made in Italy for them, i would only hazard a guess that they use the world standard which would put the alcohol content close to 91.3% which would be why you feel the burn. That would mean that there is only a bit of fragrance and maybe some witch hazel and water in addition to the near pure alcohol .

Top Bottom