What's new

East Coast Canadian Pass-around Box - Round 3

Great seeing you again buddy (@DomQ)!

I refilled the TOBS Jermyn St samples and added some bigger sized samples of RazoRock XXX (Duro) and Barrister and Mann Seville. Both are faves of mine. Enjoy!

proxy.php

The box was cool, not much attracted my attention so I'm going to keep the box moving! I haven't heard back from the next person up but he sent me his address a week ago so ill pay him a visit and hand it off personally! I snagged a few samples. I'm putting in 2 razo rock quick change DE's, one brand new not even unwrapped in box, one used a handful of times, a van see Hagen DE, and 3 razo rock soaps, 2 brand new which are tobacco and rosa di bossolasco and the third is lavender that has been used a few times.
$P_20170113_180451_vHDR_Auto.jpg

The box was cool, not much attracted my attention so I'm going to keep the box moving! I haven't heard back from the next person up but he sent me his address a week ago so ill pay him a visit and hand it off personally! I snagged a few samples. I'm putting in 2 razo rock quick change DE's, one brand new not even unwrapped in box, one used a handful of times, a van see Hagen DE, and 3 razo rock soaps, 2 brand new which are tobacco and rosa di bossolasco and the third is lavender that has been used a few times.
View attachment 716520
Cute pedicure bro ;)

Update - the box was successfully passed to me (in person no less!) my boss decided to retire this week so it has been a mess, but I will provide updates soon.

A few updates.

First item I used was a shave oil. I uses shave oils semi regularly and normally enjoy them. This one however offered no glide at all, and I don't think could be used as a shave oil. More of a after shave product.

$IMG_20170121_171706.jpg

Next up was a cream. As stated it is unscented and it did the job with no muss or fuss. I'm going to grab a sample size version of this to travel with.

$IMG_20170125_141009.jpg

And the last think that interested me was a soap. It lathered well, had good glide and the sent reminded me of a cottage up north. All in all a pleasant experience.

I used the same razor, Senator, with a Astra SS blade for each shave.

$IMG_20170122_115528.jpg

I have taken nothing and have added a puck of arko. I have sent a message a while ago to the next in line, funky34, but have yet to get a response. The box is ready to go. I will give him a few more days to respond.

$IMG_20170120_141654.jpg

$IMG_20170125_142011.jpg

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Just a suggestion here, it may be easier to skip to the next person and come back once it's done so that way it will avoid someone having 2 boxes at the same time.

And the last think that interested me was a soap. It lathered well, had good glide and the sent reminded me of a cottage up north. All in all a pleasant experience.

I used the same razor, Senator, with a Astra SS blade for each shave.

View attachment 719228

I have read many good things about Midnight & Two, and am interested in them. The web site describes the scent as spruce, cedarwood, and nutmeg. Would you agree?
Is it a pleasant blend of these scents? Was the scent noticeable through the shave?

I have read many good things about Midnight & Two, and am interested in them. The web site describes the scent as spruce, cedarwood, and nutmeg. Would you agree?
Is it a pleasant blend of these scents? Was the scent noticeable through the shave?

Smells literally like a Christmas tree, its awesome

I would agree and it was a pleasant blend that lasted the whole shave. Reminded me of a cottage amongst cedar trees. I would recommend the soap.

Midnight and Two is made 20 min from me. I have email conversed with the owner a number of times and he is a solid guy. Their shave soaps are great performers in my opinion, especially considering they are veggie soaps (I tend to prefer tallow for the quality of the lather). When given enough water M&T soap is rich, thick, protective, and slick. They are a bit on the spendy side but I like supporting Canadian business when possible. Their citrus island is a great scent as is the study scent that I have. I like the cabin scent but already have B&M Taiga which is in the same scent area.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
If possible, when the box gets there, can you post the entire content of the box? It's what we are all supposed to do as mentioned in post #1 (the rules).

If possible, when the box gets there, can you post the entire content of the box? It's what we are all supposed to do as mentioned in post #1 (the rules).

Will do...

I got the box yesterday. I'll post up a pic tonight.

imcndn

Top Bottom