What's new

East Coast Canadian Pass-around Box - Round 3

Here is the contents of the box. No shaves yet. I did test lather the RazoRock Fresco... good stuff. I don't think I've used the old RazoRock formula before.

$East_box1.jpg$East_Box2.jpg$East_Box3.jpg$East_Box4.jpg

imcndn

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That's great! Thanks!

$SOTD_20170205.jpg

Razor: RazoRock Quick Change (Box)
Blade: Astra SP (Mine)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft (Mine)
Lather: Midnight & Two The Cabin (Box)
Aftershave: Deep Blue (Box)
Other: D.R. Harris & Co. Ray Rum Scalp Treatment (Box)

I tried the RazoRock Quick Change DE. It's a beautiful razor... the finish is excellent. It is a very mild razor. I like mild razors, but this is a bit too mild for me.

The Midnight & Two soap is fantastic. I tried the one in the west coast box (Lavender) but I like the scent of The Cabin much better. The Deep Blue aftershave has a great scent. My wife even complemented the scent, but there is a ton of alcohol in it, and not much else.

Last time I had this box I used the scalp treatment. I really like the scent, but I'm not sure what it does. It does smell great though.

imcndn

Razor: Merkur Progress (Mine)
Blade: GSB (Mine)
Lather: RazoRock Tobacco (Box)
Aftershave: Crown Shave Co. After Shave Tonic (Mine)

The Tobacco RazoRock soap is fantastic. Great scent and lather.

imcndn

Lather: RazoRock Tobacco (Box)
Aftershave: Crown Shave Co. After Shave Tonic (Mine)

The Tobacco RazoRock soap is fantastic. Great scent and lather.

imcndn

glad you like the scent, got it specifically for the box!

Brush: LioJuny Finest Badger (Mine)
Lather: RazoRock Fresco (Box)
Aftershave: Skin Bracer (Mine)

I gave the Fresco a try this morning... I like the newer RazoRock formula better. It lathered very easily but the lather wasn't as stable as the newer formula, and the slickness wasn't great. Don't get me wrong.. it's a good soap, but not as good as the current RazoRock soaps (IMHO).

I think I have one more shave from the box then I'll be ready to move it on. I've already sent @Nick_O a PM.

imcndn

I heard back from Nick_O so I'm ready to move the box along. I'll drop the box at the post office on my way home from work.

From the box I took the RazoRock Tobacco.

To the box I added a nearly new (used 3 or 4 times) 8oz tub of Crown Shaving Co. Shave Cream.

imcndn

It was sitting on the stairs when I got home from work yesterday. Pics to come. Honestly, I don't know why the box is so big. It's stuffed with bags to keep it all safe, when it could be just downsized to a box half the size and you'd all save money on shipping.

ya dig?

So here's the contents of the box at the end of this round.

Software
Soaps and creams
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Aftershave
proxy.php

Oils
proxy.php

Hardware
proxy.php

ya dig?

Luc

Staff member
Thanks Nick! That's a lot of razors!

Luc

Staff member
Box is in, cleanup and consolidation is the next step

Luc

Staff member
I will post some updates in the West coast thread (see link in post 1 if you didn't have it). It will be easier to follow as we have a split update at the moment.

Top Bottom