What's new

West Coast Canadian Pass-around Box - Round 3

Box will be out today come hell or high water. Been a week plus here at home with a nasty stomach bug... My toddler had a scene out of the Exorcist. Ugh.

Box is full and ready to go. Only sample I tried was Laviathan from B+M. Given the leather description online, I'd likely never buy it. However I was pleasantly surprised. It was dark and complex. If you like B+M, give it a sniff. Typical great performance.

Great I will keep an eye out for it and will post when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The box arrived in Montreal on Thursday. It is quite full. I tried the Cella soap yestday, it had been years since I had used Cella. It was really nice. I also finished up with a Nam Bay Rum AS. It has a nice scent and good bite to it. I look forward to trying several of the new soaps. Will post updates and contact Luc about a lunch and box exchange. Happy Easter!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
When you are ready, let me know 1 day in advance please

Today I tried the 3P shave cream. It is very nice has a nice question to it and it's quite slick. Finished up with the clubman special reserve. I have not tried this yet and it also was very nice.

Today I tried the 3P shave cream. It is very nice has a nice question to it and it's quite slick. Finished up with the clubman special reserve. I have not tried this yet and it also was very nice.

Love the Clubman SR, a great scent on a cold winter day! Its getting harder to find though, a lot of online retailers that used to carry it seem to not have it anymore.

I tried the Viking shave cream today. It's very nice and slick. I may have to get a tube of this in the future. Also tried the Penaud special reserve aftershave. It is unusually nice. It has a green color and a rather distinctive scent. It is much different from the regular Penaud which I have tried before. Again, this may be a future purchase as I work through some of the aftershaves that I have in storage. I am looking forward to digging into the box tomorrow to try something new.

Today I tried the last Blue Bird blade in my Slant Razor. It was quite nice and smooth not as sharp as an Astra or Feather. Also tried the JM Fraser cream again. It is super-slick stuff. Good for Straight Razor shaves ;-)

Finished with some Old Spice...for old time sake.

I have contacted Luc to see if we can meet for swap.

I am on my way to exchange the box with Luc. This morning I tried the Italian barber Esperanza cream. It is quite nice.

I am adding a box of Arko cool cream and a fresh tub Monsavon soap to the box. It's been fun. Thanks

Luc

Staff member
I have the box. I quickly took some pictures and I will post them when I get to a computer.

The box needs a major lift. There are things that are unlabeled, other not very clean. I will post some pictures of what I mean.

As it stands, many items will need to go out. There are many dried up shave creams.

I will have a chat with Nick on how we proceed for the next round after I fix the box.

Having said that, there's a good chunk of great items too!

Luc

Staff member
Here are the pictures of what's in the box at the moment. This is pre-clean-up.

I exchanged a PM with Nick and he has the same opinion than me. So we will be downsizing both boxes for next round, make one and I will add a few new things in so we have new stuff to try.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    308.8 KB · Views: 15
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 15
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 16
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 16
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 16
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    374.1 KB · Views: 15
  • image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 15
  • image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    348.2 KB · Views: 15

Luc

Staff member
Here's an example of what I saw, there were others.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 18
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 18

Luc

Staff member
Finally, SOTD #1 was that.

The Cuba cologne was great. I never tried the old spice Sport before, I liked it a lot. I had to use a bit of Gada since it's such a nice shave cream.

The Omega brush, razor and scuttle are mine.

I will be looking at adding the missing fragrances of Gada in the box, a few other shave creams and some AS that I will decant from my den. I have a few that quantity is not an issue.

I used the Muhele shave brush this morning. Not sure if it's a boar or synth. That one was a major shedder. I lost at least 25 hairs in the process. If the person who put it in wants it back, please PM me and I will ship it back to you. It's really sad to have a killer company like that and the brush is loosing so many hairs!

Finally, what will go out. We have stuff that didn't move much since round 1. There are dried up samples, dried up soaps, unlabeled dried up soaps. Broken containers and dried creams. I will leave some samples in there but will remove anything that isn't fit as I see it. I.e. If I wouldn't use it, it will go out.

Attachments

• image10.jpeg
    image10.jpeg
    595.8 KB · Views: 16
  • image11.jpeg
    image11.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 16
Watching this thread with interest. I'll put my name on the waiting list for the next round. Looks like a great way to experience a bunch of stuff and to share with others.

Luc

Staff member
There will be a sign-up thread when it's ready and a link will be posted here. I would say in a few weeks.

Luc

Staff member
Cleaning is the box phase 1 is done. Pending phase 2(the other box)

I got a smaller box and there is still room. I will be getting new things this week end for the box.

Highlights for me are the British Stirling AS, Master Bay Rum(again), Arko shave cream, Old Spice pure sport

Luc

Staff member
Cleaning all done. I took a lot out and we now have a single box.

I will need to tweak the rules before I put a new sign up thread.

When the sign up thread goes up, I will add a link in both threads (east and west). I will also post a couple of pictures and a detailed description of what is currently available

Luc

Staff member
I've started taking pictures, I'm missing some, I have to work on the new rules (which are coming nicely) so keep an eye on this space for a sign-up thread eventually. I'm a bit unsure if I should start a sign-up right now as summer is just around the corner and from what I've seen in the past, it won't be a good round. People are on holidays, they don't have time, they rather drink beer instead of posting about their shave, etc. So I'm wondering if this wouldn't be better in the fall?

Any input appreciated.

You could try it.
Put out the sign up list with a goal of "x"members and set a due date.
If it is not filled then try in the Autumn.

I am in if you start one. I always seem to miss the sign ups for pass arounds. I am willing to send you a few things to bump it up a notch so your not doing all the work.

Top Bottom