What's new

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box 4 - Sign-up thread

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member

Eh?

I will try to keep it short but please, make sure that you read everything. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post in the thread or send me a PM. Some rules changed so please, pay attention to the how it works and the rules section.

Keyword: #ctb4 (Might be easier to search for the Canadian Traveling box).

What is it?

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box 4 will be on it's way shortly. This is the sign-up thread for those who would be interested to participate. If you miss the sign-up period, you will need to get in when we do round 5. I won't be adding any new names when this sign-up is closed. Make sure that you have time to participate if you sign-up. A dead thread is a boring thread!

How does it work?

- The Box, will be passed down a list that will be built according to location of each participant.
- When you receive the box, contact the next member to get their information in order to be ready when you will be done.
- You must report that you have the box when you receive it. Also, you must post a picture (or some pictures) of the content of the box.
- Share your experience with the box, what did you use? What are your likes/dislikes?
- You can take some items out and add some, post about them when you do so.
- When you send the box out, you must post a tracking number.
- Have fun!

What are the rules?

- You get the box for 10 days. You can send it out sooner but try not to exceed your allowed time. A post office trip will only take 20 mins of your time.
- You are responsible to contact the next member. Do this when you receive the box to reduce any delay.
- Post some pictures of the full content of the box(or a detailed description) when you receive it so we know where it is and what's left in it.
- Review the items that you use or at least post once about them. No need to do it every day, no need to post a picture either! A thread without updates is not fun.
- Only Shaving soaps, shaving creams and Aftershaves are currently acceptable. A bit of cologne is okay. I left some beard oil but they don't seem popular... Also, things like a night cream should not go in the box. Do not add any new hardware. Razors (SE/DE/Shavettes), Shave Brushes or razor blades aren't moving much so let's leave those out for now. I left what was in the previous boxes.
- Avoid bulky items. I.e. a 400ml full bottle of Aftershave will probably end up with 392ml when the round ends, if we are lucky... It's heavy, it takes a lot of space, it might prevent new items to go in the box.
- If you take an item out, replace it with something equivalent in value. Do not put anything that you wouldn't use. This is not a trash can!
- Clean any item that you tried.

You read and agree to the above?

It's time to sign up! Simply reply with a "I'm in" and I will contact who responded when the sign-up time is finished via PM.

What's next?

I'm targeting 1 month from when this thread was posted. So, this will lead us to, let say 2017-07-08. I will post again to close the sign-up and if you are after the close message, you won't be in, so don't forget to sign up if you want in. When the list of who will participate is sorted out, a new thread will be posted with pictures and a detailed list of what's in the box. The box will then hit the road!

It's been fun, but I'll bow out this round. I'll watch and maybe jump back in next go round.
Thanks @Luc

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Luc

Staff member
I would say there would be a 25-30% of new stuff versus the last round

Thanks Nick for all your help

I would love to be in. Should be great. Only question is could we play with the sequence or skip me once if necessary when we start? I work 21/7 in the bush so I wouldn't want to hold things up.

Luc

Staff member
I would love to be in. Should be great. Only question is could we play with the sequence or skip me once if necessary when we start? I work 21/7 in the bush so I wouldn't want to hold things up.

The idea is to ship or hand the box in a linear way. If you can't be in, we would skip you. If, you are not the last one in your area, then it may be possible to switch you with someone else if that works. However you must be in when you get the box in and out to keep it moving as you need to post about it.

Luc

Staff member
Doing good, all I can say is that we will have a good selection of products!

It would be fun if the box could go from one end to the other! I can't see everyone's location (we can sort it out later) but it would be fun to have someone in BC and in Newfoundland(what's in between too!)

This is going to be awesome! Going coast to coast sounds like a great idea to me. FYI I am in Moncton, NB

Top Bottom